“Fabulous Villa in great location!”
other travellers have booked this property

Review of Villa Girassol

Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Enquiry
Very good
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Reviews from our community

Any
katyj2
Exeter, United Kingdom
“Fabulous Villa in great location!”
Reviewed 20 June 2015 for a stay in June 2015
people found this review helpful

The villa was spacious for the 7 of us that stayed and we each had enough sun loungers and chairs to relax in. The pool and garden area was spotless and was a perfect sun trap with elements of shade. The Villa was a 15 minute walk to the Supermarkets & Villamoura Marina and was only 25 minutes to Villamoura beach which was beautiful (i wouldn't recommend a car - you don't need it). The owner Ruben was great and let us have a late check in at almost midnight due to a flight delay. I was really impressed by the villa and we cooked 4 out of 8 nights. The bedrooms and bathrooms were all really clean. Having visited Villamoura countless times I was very pleased with the villa and will be sure to visit again. The group of us that went ranged from ages 19 upwards and everyone really enjoyed there stay. One recommendation for anyone thinking of letting it out is that you move the table up to the roof terrace (which we did) and ate out dinners up there in the sunset. Overall a fab stay and fab villa!!

Bedding & mattresses Kitchen & utensils
Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: Pool/garden/roof-terrace/cleanliness
Liked least: leaving!!!
Travelling group: Friends
Your age range 18-24
Recommended for:
Friends getaway Families with young children
Large groups
  • Was the property as advertised?
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
PINKSHOES...
AYRSHIRE
“Mrs”
Reviewed 3 June 2015 for a stay in June 2015
people found this review helpful

We have just returned from a 2 week stay at this villa. We were in a party of 7 people (2 children included). The villa is in a beautiful area of vilamoura, with lots of lovely villas and gardens surrounding it but private and not overlooked by other villas. The villa has a gorgeous pool with sun beds at the side (5). Cushions for the sun beds are kept in the poolhouse/shed area at bottom of garden. You will have a key for this. There are various water beds and floats etc to play with in pool and we too, have just left a few there for other guests. Inside the villa is very spacious with a huge living/dining area - we didnt spend much time in this area as we wanted to be outside mainly. Lovely roof top terrace lets you enjoy last hours of sun but there is no fixed furniture up there - we just carried chairs up and down. Villa is around an 8min walk to nearest shop (spar) and if you keep walking (around other 5 or so minutes) you will reach the beautiful marina. The walk is manageable for little children too and its a lovely walk where you feel safe and walk through a lovely residential area. Taxis are great though if you're not a walker and taxis once phoned arrive within seconds. You'll pay anything from 5 to 10euros to the marina but we found usually around 5 depending on taxi company. Booking a taxi for a certain time incurs a fee so you just phone when you need one and its cheaper. Villa was cleaned twice during our 2week stay - maids let themselves in and are very quick. We felt they did a great job and tipped them 10euros each time. Bathrooms are spacious, so are the bedrooms. The villa is very quiet so a good nights sleep is easily achieved and again, theres a safe feeling so sleeping with windows open etc is perfectly fine. Kitchen is well equipped and the washing machine and dishwasher are great items to have. Nice big fridge and freezer is great too. Wifi in villa is provided and on the whole was very good. There is a bbq area outside kitchen and this was the only one we used. Plenty of cupboard/wardrobe space in all the rooms too for storage. All in all we have had a thoroughly enjoyable stay and we will definitely return as our booking was made easy by the owner (ruben)s fantastic communication and attention before, during and after our stay. Ruben genuinely wants his guests to enjoy their stay and definitely goes out of his way to ensure this. On arriving at the villa we found we didnt have an iron or ironing board and perhaps not enough towels so we text ruben and 2 hours later all items were delivered to the door. This is excellent. So i can assure any guests that if you had a problem whilst staying at the villa ruben would sort it for you. His texts and emails are in a very high standard english so therefore nothing was ever 'lost in translation'. Excellent stay, excellent villa. We can't wait to go back!

3 Jun 2015
It is very pleasant and rewarding receive an opinion so friendly . I would love to thank this family all the warmth and friendliness. I would love to have the opportunity to receive this very lovely family next year.

shirleyre...
Morocco
“Very pleasant stay”
Reviewed 23 April 2015 for a stay in April 2015
people found this review helpful

Villa is very well situated in a lovely quiet location. 10min walk to Marina or old village. Nice restaurant 2 mins down the road in bike cafe.
The Owner of the villa Rubén was very helpful before and throughout our stay. I would return to villa Girasso, as it was also very good value.

Travelling group: Spouse/Partner
23 Apr 2015
I really would like to thank this family friendliness.

LORRIE31
NEWTOWNARDS
“VERY QUIET VILLA”
Reviewed 17 October 2014 for a stay in October 2014
person found this review helpful

The Villa was very quiet at night it was lovely to stay somewhere with no dogs barking during the night.
The villa was okay
We were unable to use the front door as the lock was broken Fernando explained it could not be fixed while tourists were in the Villa we found this a bit strange as I am sure in the Algarve they can fix a lock in a day made us feel a bit unsafe at night.
We also had to request an ironing board and toaster from Fernando which were not in the Villa unfortunately we never got these .
I found the owner very helpful during the booking .

Overall condition of the property Bedding & mattresses
Kitchen & utensils Bathroom cleanliness
Other facilities & amenities Service
Liked best: The quietness
Liked least: The overall condition of the Villa
Travelling group: Extended Family
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   No.
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
19 Oct 2014
Dear Lorraine,
I respect your opinion transcribed in the website of holiday’s lettings but please allow me to disagree with your arguments and rating.
My disagreement and disappointment is supported in the following facts:
Is my policy to follow as close to possible the stay of my guests, I always contact for several times the guests by SMS, EMAIL, and MOBILE PHONE during their stay. During your stay I repeatedly sent you messages by my phone and by holiday’s lettings website. I tried also to call you and no one answered or returned the calls. As you never return the messages or the calls I presupposed that everything was to your liking and without any problems
The aspects that you relate, unfortunately never came to my attention since Mr. Fernando never sent them to my knowledge. Mr Fernando runs the company that I always hire to provide the check in and the cleaning services to the guests. That's why I take the initiative to contact customers directly to see if everything is as desired. As you never return the messages or the calls you didn’t give me the opportunity to do this monitoring.
When you say “I found the owner very helpful during the booking”, please allow me to say: as you never returned my SMS, calls and emails you never gave me the opportunity to be helpful as I always wish during your stay.
This is a business were trust and honesty are crucial. I always try to be both to my guests as its proved in several reviews by other guests reflected in other sites and holiday lettings were I started my activity this year. So, I am really sorry but I have to describe all the facts involved in your stay.
Wishing all the best for you and your family (especially health that is the best we have in our lives),
Ruben Rebelo.
Murphdi
“Great location and spacious.”
Reviewed 30 September 2014 for a stay in September 2014
person found this review helpful

We've just returned from our stay at Villa Girassol and would highly recommend it. The villa is in a quiet residential area and whilst there are several other properties surrounding it, you are not overlooked and have privacy. The pool/garden area is fantastic with a large pool and mature gardens. The villa has a very spacious lounge/dining room with TV and wifi provided and the kitchen is well equipped; with everything you could need. There are 4 good sized bedrooms, 2 with direct access to the garden/pool. It's only a 20-30 minute walk to the marina, around 15mins to a supermarket and there is a local bar/restaurant 5min walk away.

Value Rooms
Location Cleanliness
7 Oct 2014
I would love to thank you for your warmth and respect. It was a pleasure to welcome you as guests.

Best wishes,

Ruben Rebelo
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing