What an amazing hotel. The staff at the check in, is very friendly. The room was big and very clean with a nice balcony with 2 chairs with seaview. The location of the hotel is perfect very close to the beach.More
- Free Parking
- Breakfast included
What an amazing hotel. The staff at the check in, is very friendly. The room was big and very clean with a nice balcony with 2 chairs with seaview. The location of the hotel is perfect very close to the beach.MoreShow less
Thank you for choosing to stay with us and I am glad to hear that your stay with us was WoW!
We look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel in the near future.
Love everything about this hotel. We had a great view of Vilamoura from our room. The room was contempory and very clean, very spacious and as a large balcony. The bathroom is huge with an amazing power shower. The breakfast is delicious and as a lot of variety. The pool area is lovely and as a separate play area with a pirate ship if you have kids
Thank you for sparing time to share this review and for choosing the Crowne Plaza Vilamoura as your holiday destination in Algarve. We are indeed happy to read that you have thoroughly enjoyed your stay with us.
Looking forward to welcome you back again soon and if we can be of assistance to you, please contact us directly.
Entertainment was dismal. Rooms were not of the standard expected based on the price we paid for the holiday. Breakfast was OK but evening meals were very poor, so bad we almost contacted our travel company to get a change of hotel. There just seemed to be no atmosphere in the hotel. Reception staff were most helpful as were the staff on entry to the dinning room and the girls doing the cleaning. The other staff looked as though they just wanted to get the job done and go home. So sorry if this appears to be a damming report. We holiday a lot around the med and long haul but this was not the holiday we expected.
Thank you very much for your candid review of your recent stay at our hotel. Your feedback is extremely valuable to us, as we strive to improve with each and every stay. I greatly appreciate your comments about aspects that need improving.
I hope that did not discourage you from recommending us and looking forward for your next stay with us.
Day three of our eleven day stay and I must admit it has been a little disappointing so far.
Hotel's accounting system does not allow debit cards to set up a room account. As we choose not to have credit cards, this is inconvenient and not something I have encountered in any hotel I have stayed in elsewhere. To get round this, I had to deposit a sum with the hotel and this will be debited with any purchase we make.
Lovely rooms, nice big balconies but with only one chair! When I asked if I could have an additional chair, the response was a straight NO, NOT POSSIBLE!
I have stayed in other 5 star hotels and this one falls short.
I hope you will accept our sincere apologies for the inconvenience you had during your stay with us. Your comments regarding the treatment you received are very important to us and we are focused to provide our guests a pleasant hotel experience and we are concern that did not happen this time.
I hope you will give us a chance by staying with us again to show you that your unsatisfactory stay was an exception.
Stayed here for a week in September and the stay was great but little things let this hotel down like mentioned in previous reviews the sun-beds are really uncomfortable and the price of the food and drinks are ridiculous €32 euros for a ham sandwich and a chicken Cesar salad. Also a barcardi and coke is €12.50.
The rooms are really nice, cleaned on a daily basis. The room comes with an iron but it’s useless I might of well as used a brick. The staff are very friendly and helpful. Breakfast is really good and well managed at busy times. The hotel is in a good location short walk to the marina and right on the beach.
We appreciate you taking the time to provide us with such candid feedback about your stay. I am very sorry to hear that several little things throughout your stay did not meet your expectations and we appreciate that you brought your experience to our attention.
Once again, thank you for your review. We sincerely hope that we will have the opportunity to exceed your expectations in the near future.
Travelled as family of 3 adults, 3-10 September 2018. We booked a superior room and superior suite, both on the 11th floor. The suite was a duplex with 2 bathrooms and a defined living area, however, facilities and decor were same in both rooms. We actually preferred the overall layout of the superior room and found it lighter and airier than the suite, with a larger balcony. Both rooms had good side sea views.
- porters friendly and welcoming on arrival and throughout stay. Marcelo was especially helpful
- reception staff efficient and responded to our queries promptly
- rooms were spacious and items such as toiletries and towels were regularly
replenished. Slippers and robe nice touch.
- breakfast very good: hot/cold buffet with plenty of choice, including a healthy option and gluten-free options. Hostesses that greeted guests at breakfast and allocated tables were very polite and pleasant.
- communal areas of hotel well-maintained and clean
- clean, spacious pool. Pool towels provided daily
- room service food was of high standard, waiter polite
- family-friendly hotel, babies and children treated well
- location: 1 minute walk to the beach, 10-15 minute walk to marina
1. Food labelling (breakfast):
- food containing nuts was rarely labelled as such, potentially dangerous for allergy sufferers.
- lack of labels on vegetarian/vegan options.
2. Attitude of some staff:
- several waiters in dining room and outside dining area were consistently abrupt, cold and unprofessional towards guests. Example: I made a polite request for a jug of boiling water at our table outside and one snapped at me saying angrily, ‘no, you have to get it from the machine’ – yet we’d seen a jug at someone else’s table. Inconsistent! Poor attitude. Same waiter was also rude to a woman sat nearby who had to ask twice for table to be set for her partner - he threw the cutlery down on the table. Bad customer service.
- two waiters argued loudly with one another in the dining room, ignoring guests around them.
- poolside waiters were overall unfriendly. There was often confusion regarding payment of food/drinks upfront, versus putting it on an ‘extras account’ i.e. a tab. Instead of being polite and explaining the options, they came back over in pairs with their hand out for the money. Not professional.
- staff member at poolside bar attempted to short-change me 10 euros, she reluctantly corrected it after I pointed it out, but did not apologise. Poor.
3. Cleanliness of rooms – cleaning service:
- standard of cleaning was superficial: corners, under tables, stairs were very dusty and weren’t swept/hoovered for entirety of our stay.
- shower unit was not cleaned once during stay (sand from our beach trip remained in shower base until we left). Surprising and disappointing for a 5* hotel.
4. Issues with some of the rooms' facilities:
- air-con did not work well in superior room – had to use the ceiling fan in conjunction with air-con. Expected better at this level of hotel.
-lighting was poor in suite. I’d suggest fitting a brighter main light downstairs.
- seemed petty that guests are charged for use of Nespresso coffee machine and capsules
- lead for kettle was too short – couldn’t stand it on counter, we managed, but had to stand it on chair instead.
- lack of full length mirror in suite. Disappointing when getting ready to go out…
- no full length hanging space in wardrobes and very few hangers.
5. Condition of sunloungers:
- sun loungers overdue for an upgrade – low quality and many are broken. Considering that guests spend a lot of time at pool, this should be priority for hotel management.
6. Wake-up call error:
They called us a day early – at 04:30 ! Reception staff did apologise.
7. Hotel not wheelchair user-friendly:
We heard first-hand from lady who is wheelchair user that, in her opinion, hotel is not wheelchair-friendly - despite the hotel advertising itself as being excellent in this regard. She felt let down.
- no provision of high seat chairs or adjustable sun loungers anywhere in hotel. This made relaxing by pool and dining in the restaurant very difficult. Her only option was bed or wheelchair.
- while there was an access bridge connecting one side of pool to the other and ramps either side, there was a difficult ledge that had to be negotiated before being able to access pool area. Guests had to assist her – pool staff did not offer assistance.
- her room contained very few adjustments: toilet was couple of inches higher and there was a handrail in bathroom. She couldn’t make use of any of the chairs in the room.
Tip 1: book a return taxi transfer through Yellowfish Transfers, friendly and reliable service and cheaper than the taxi quote provided by hotel.
Tip 2: if you exit hotel grounds at the rear, turn left and walk along beach front, you’ll reach Quarteira in 10-15 minutes – cheaper alternative to marina area.
Other info: The weather was very good for entirety of our stay, lowest daytime temp 24 degrees and highest 29 degrees, not humid at all. Nice breeze in evening, temperature dropped pleasantly. Very few mosquitoes too this time of year. Would recommend early September.
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your recent stay in our hotel. Please know that your candid feedback is extremely valuable to us, it offer us an opportunity to analyze our property from a guest’s perspective, and take corrective actions where necessary. However, I am glad to hear that overall your experience was very good.
It would be our privilege to welcome you back in the near future, to see how the Crowne Plaza Vilamoura is changing for even better.