“Delicious ”

Golden Star
Ranked #35 of 73 Restaurants in Wassenaar
Cuisines: Chinese
Reviewed 6 April 2017 via mobile

We had a family meal here last week and the food was lovely. Tasty and very fresh, good service, nice clean restaurant and very attentive staff. I'd say it isn't cheap but nowhere is really when your on holiday!

Date of visit: April 2017

Reviewed 19 October 2016 via mobile

I always go here when I get unexpected dinner guests! Take the 'maandmenu' and you can feed 6 adults. This is value for money should be defined. Favorite: Babi Pangang.

Date of visit: October 2016
Reviewed 12 October 2016

We don't often go out to eat without with children, but we were delighted at the Golden Star for a date lunch. The Canton mix for 2 people came with a shrimp dish, seafood dish, duck, pork, and beef. Each had a perfected and lightly applied sauce. Way too much for food for the two of us, so the children had rice with all our leftovers after school. Also included was the Dim Sum soup which was the spiciest and heartiest Asian soup I've ever had. I got a small bit of a pepper that brought tears to my eyes. Very yum. And my little pot of hot green tea lasted the whole meal. My husband's first course was the wonton: three different ones a tad over cooked. That was the only small issue. We should have gone here earlier. Definitely recommend--though we won't be bringing the four kids as food is pricey for our usual budget. Also, I wouldn't want small children reaching out for the burners that kept every dish hot.

Date of visit: October 2016
Thank Kristin F. Chau... K
Reviewed 18 February 2015

We visited valentines night there was 1 waitress by herself to begin with and 1 barman with 4 tables including ourselves. On arrival i could tell by the absence of a smile and no welcome at all i wanted to leave but was persuaded by the rest of my family to give it a go .
We ordered a bottle of house wine and a meal for 3 my daughter asked for tap water but was told she had to have bottle as they have to charge we also did not want the same starter and didnt think a problem as there were two (i do not like soup) the waitress told me no i cannot have different we all have to have the same, she eventuały changed her mind when my husband asked her not to speak so rude to us and that no where does it state we all have to eat the same starter.
My advice is there are plenty of good restaurants in Wassenaar and though we could not fault the food, the waitress's attitude completly ruined our meal-don't risk it !

Date of visit: February 2015
Reviewed 5 October 2014

We have visited this restaurant quite often during trips to The Netherlands.

We particularly like the loempias, filled with chicken and various vegetables, including fresh,
crunchy bean sprouts. The trouble is that they are huge, so we were unable to eat much of the
main courses - a Chinese Rijstafel for my wife and an Indonesian rijstafel for me.

No problem with the quality, which was excellent. The portions are extremely generous, so it
is probably better not to order a starter.

As usual, the food and service were very good.

Date of visit: September 2014