All reviews huis ter duin sea view michelin star beach house la terrasse soccer team an update nice hotel great location on the beach public areas business conference old fashioned bit dated off season short break room was spacious beach front
Reviewed 24 May 2018

We spend one night at hotel 'Huis ter Duin' this may. Overall the experience was ok but their are some small disappointments; first of all; the indoor swimming pool wasn't available due to a renovation. This wasn't noticed when we booked or checked inn. The main restaurant for breakfast was full so we had to move away to a hall which didn't had any ambiance. The room was ok but very outdated; the bathroom was not really worn out. At the check-out it was chaotic; only one desk available.
This hotel definitely needs an update to meet the 2018 standards; this hotel is at this moment not the 5 stars it claims to be....

• Stayed: May 2018, travelled as a couple
Monique v, Managementassistant at Grand Hotel Huis Ter Duin, responded to this reviewResponded 25 May 2018

Dear Guest,

Thank you for leaving a review and taking the time to inform us abour your stay. We are sorry to hear that it dit not meet entirely to your expectations. Unfortunately the repair of the swimmingpool takes longer than planned, but you should have been informed upon check in.
Also the check procedure has been discussed with our Front Office Manager.
The breakfast location depends on the number of guests in the hotel, however we are happy to make a note of it that you prefer the smaller room if you let us know.

Kind regards,
Stephan J.A.B. Stokkermans

Reviewed 21 May 2018 via mobile

Recently stayed for a business trip. The food and service was excellent. However, the shower pressure was poor and room a little worn -bedside lamp was broken. The hotel is nice, clean and good beach location.

Stayed: May 2018, travelled on business
Reviewed 18 May 2018 via mobile

great location for a business convention with plenty of presentation and meeting rooms. Bedrooms large, comfortable and pleasant with very comfortable bed. No ironing facility in room is surprise for this class of hotel. Great view of dunes and beach. Lunches were only average but dinners were good.

Stayed: May 2018, travelled on business
Monique v, Managementassistant at Grand Hotel Huis Ter Duin, responded to this reviewResponded 26 May 2018

Dear Guest,
Thank you for leaving such a good review for Grand Hotel Huis ter Duin. All of our rooms should have an ironing facility. We will check this right away. We regret that you found that the lunches were only average. We would like to know what we can do in your opinion to improve this.
Kind regards, Monique van der Wildt

Reviewed 2 May 2018

Was there last June and returned with a travel group of 14 friends. the staff is well trained including the reservation personnel. Always hard with a large group and last minute caneclations but this family owned top hotel understands how to take care of the customer. Highly recommend the Ocean view rooms in is slightly higher . Great to stay when arriving from a long flight with time difference walk the endless beaches and acclimate.

Stayed: April 2018
Reviewed 26 April 2018

We used this hotel as our base for our Car Club Tour to the Keukkenhof gardens as it is conveniently situated for seeing the flower parade.On our arrival approx 3pm we were told that we would have to wait as our room was not ready I asked if we could have one of the rooms that was ready and was told that all the rooms were allocated and we would have to wait. Luckily our room became availiable within a few minutes. Later that afternoon I was speaking to several members of my party who told me that they had waited over two hours to get into their room. At about 6pm one of our members booked in and was given a room, on entering found it already occuppied he returned to reception were he was given an upgraded room with a sea view, the conversation was overheard by another member of my party who was booking in at the same time and they were allocated a room overlooking the car park as I found out later that the rest of my party had been given similar rooms. Later that evening I was haranged by one of my party who stated that we had written up the hotel in our road book and this was not a 5 star hotel only rating it as 3 star. and in view of the room she had been given would not travel with me again. I must state at this point I have been taking our club members on tour worldwide and have never had this type of complaint before,It did not help that only one lift was working and the swimming pool was also our of action as well.
On my return to the UK I spoke to my travel agent who told me that they had booked all of my party into sea view rooms and the hotel manament had made the mistake over room allocation.
It was obvious to me during my stay that the staff were poorly trained in their duties and there was a shortage of cleaning staff, one of my members returned to his room at 6 pm and it still had not been serviced.
The hotel advertises itself as a 5 star establisment but delivers only a 3 star sevice.
My whole stay was ruined by the incompetence of the manament and I will not return to this hotel in the future.

Room Tip: demand a sea view or you will get a view over the car park
  • Stayed: April 2018, travelled with friends
3  Thank simonWinchester
Monique v, Managementassistent at Grand Hotel Huis Ter Duin, responded to this reviewResponded 29 April 2018

Dear Mr Winchester,
Thank you for the time and effort you have taken to review your stay. We are very sorry that it did not meet your expectations. We have evaluated your groups stay with our management and will take action accordingly.
It was very unfortunate that the lift went out of order and could not be ment immediatly due to a part that had to be ordered. Despite that there are 2 additional lifts which can be used by our guests as well it is very inconvenient.
The maintenance on the swimming pool is necessary and there is never a good moment to do this. There were alternative possibilities available, but we appreciate that this is an addition to your feelings.
Thank you again very much for your effort to inform us about your findings.
Kind regards, Stephan J.A.B. Stokkermans, General Manager