“Fantastic teacher”

Apnea Total Malta - Freediving School
Ranked #2 of 11 things to do in Marsascala
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Apnea Total Malta was born out of passion for freediving. We are a team of experienced and dedicated instructors. We offer 6 different COURSES, from newcomers to professionals, TRAINING, COACHING, EXPEDITIONS, WORKSHOPS and DPV Tours (underwater scooters) We are located in Saint Paul's Bay and Marsaskala. We always keep our groups small. We do not focus on numbers or depth but on relaxation and technique. We believe freediving is for everyone but we are also aware that everyone is different so we adapt our courses and activities to our students, not the other way around. - Courses at the best possible price - Extremely practical, fast progress - Always with you during the dives - All levels, from newcomers to professionals - No exam, we focus on practice - Maximum of 3 students per course - No minimum, we won’t cancel on you - Courses start every week And so much more! Come check it out for yourself! Apnea Total Malta Team
Useful Information: Lockers / storage, Bathroom facilities
Reviewed 13 September 2018

Did the two-day introduction to freediving. Perfect balance of applied classroom sessions and practice in the water. Arturo is experienced and highly encouraging, could not have wished for a better experience.

Date of experience: September 2018
in 19 reviews
"encouraging"
"equipment"

Reviewed 9 September 2018

Really friendly and lovely and very professional, skillful and resourceful. They will take great care of you regardless of your level - still afraid of water or a very experienced freediver.
I have been freediving for 10 years and they helped me overcome equalization problems and reach good depths. Another lady in one of my sessions did her PB with a bit of coaching. Two girls who were afraid of the sea did the beginner course and they were converted right there :)
Not to mention all the shipwrecks and caves he will take you to!
It is rare and great to be able to trust somebody to such an extent.

Date of experience: July 2018
Reviewed 25 August 2018 via mobile

Amazing experiance. Great instructor couldnt be happier with the results from the course. I would highly recomend it to everyone that wants to go forward in the sport.Should have done it ages ago.

Reviewed 22 August 2018 via mobile

My boyfriend and I have just returned home after spending a week in Malta freediving with Arturo. We specifically came to Malta to freedive and we could not have been happier with our choice of instructor. My boyfriend completed his advanced training course with Arturo while I did some training dives and we finished our trip with a cave freediving expedition - a must!) From the moment I first contacted Arturo months ago he has given well over 100% in effort to answer all of my many questions and to calm any anxieties. I hadn't dived for a year before coming to Malta and was nervous and worried about having equalisation issues. But he immediately put me at ease and it was clear to see that he really cares for each of his students/fellow divers and their peace of mind, enjoyment and training. He over delivers in every aspect and his services are incredible value for money. His very open, honest and funny character immediately creates a sense of trust and this is vital for when you're out of your comfort zone and needing encouragement. It's as though he can sense when you're needing the extra support, for example when you're diving to a new depth or just trying freediving for the first time, and he is always right there underwater with you. When you see him you are able to relax and trust and know that you are in good, safe and capable hands. He even managed to get me diving in dark caves (something I promised myself I would never do) and I had an absolute blast! I could go on for a lot longer, but just choose Arturo as your instructor/guide and you'll see what I mean! A thousand thank yous to you Arturo for your endless supply of patience and all the laughs, you gave me my best birthday yet! :-)
P.S. He is also very knowledgeable about Malta and while we were there he went out of his way several times to show us points and areas of interest to further enrich our experience and understanding of the island. Priceless!