Open today: 8:30 am - 5:30 pm
Review Highlights
Freediver course

Definitely recommend the course with Arturo! Good fun, very proffessional and of course with all... read more

Reviewed 24 October 2018
karolinakingastepien
Les Deux-Alpes, France
via mobile
Wonderful experience and tuition

Just finished a freediving 2 day course with the centre and Arturo and really have to say that it... read more

Reviewed 23 October 2018
TL266
Canterbury, United Kingdom
via mobile

All reviews amazing instructor fun dives breath hold previous experience a lot of fun coaching sessions arturo depth teacher expedition shipwrecks techniques classroom caves malta encouraging equipment
Reviewed 21 August 2018 via mobile

I just finished my advanced course with Apnea Total in Malta and went on a freediving excursion with my girlfriend.

And all I can think of is "I want to go back and continue!"

Arturo our instructor always went beyond our expectations! He is an absolute expert, full of knowledge, trustworthy and just fun to be around. With all these traits he is able to guide you past your fears and make even static breath holds and exhale dives enjoyable :D

Beautiful freedive locations, a lot of extra information, awesome guiding and a literally breath taking excursion.

100% recommended!

Eugen

1  Thank Eugen F
Reviewed 17 August 2018 via mobile

Having found Apnea Total Malta from a random google search in a quest to learn to freedive in the Mediterranean, I had no idea what to expect. However, Arturo who runs and owns Apnea Total Malta and his school turned out to be a great find. My friend and I did the two day Freediving Course as well as the Static Apnea course and it was a really wonderful experience. We were sceptical about what Arturo said we could achieve but we did do 20m dives as he promised and, having never done any freediving before, I was amazed to hold my breath for 4 mins 32 seconds in the static course. Arturo is a great instructor. He is patient, passionate, hugely experienced and made me feel 100% safe. He also noticed when I was encountering problems and tried different approaches that really worked. We also had the most tremendous amount of fun while we were with him. I could not recommend Apnea Total Malta more highly. It was a genuinely life changing experience.

Reviewed 17 August 2018 via mobile

ARTURO IS THE RIGHT MAN FOR YOUR FREE DIVING EXPERIENCE. TRUST ME. I have always enjoyed snorkeling and a friend and I wanted to see how we could improve the length of time underwater. I smoke at home everyday unfortunately so I was seriously pessimistic about the 3min expectation after just two days with Arturo. My friend and I both managed over 4 mins (doubling our previous records) and 20m dives (with 2min underwater). Arturo gives you a comfort like no other teacher I have had before and a trust that makes your heart beat even less under the water, giving you a new experience to breath holding and the art of free diving. Blown away by this. Loved it. THANK YOU!

Reviewed 24 July 2018

This is the most incredible experience of my life so far! I did the Freediver Course, with no previous experience. I achieved a depth of 20 metres and a breath hold of about a minute and a half. Arturo is an amazing instructor, he has a wealth of knowledge on the subject and was super helpful with tips and feedback. Felt super safe the entire time! Highly recommend!!

Date of experience: July 2018
Reviewed 24 July 2018 via mobile

I did a beginner course and it was a great 2 days of being challenged. From not being able to freedive more than a few metres to reaching 20m. Massive thanks to Arturo, his encouraging and reassuring attitude made all the difference.

Arturo is a great teacher. He explains everything clearly, listens to the feedback and gives a lot of tips. Lessons are in the relaxed atmosphere and you feel very much at ease.

If you are thinking of giving freediving a go, don’t hesitate, Apnea Malta is a great place to start!

Date of experience: July 2018