“Great location, great service, great value”

Hotel Casa Don Fernando
Ranked #4 of 38 Hotels in Caceres
Reviewed 24 June 2012

A perfect place to spend one night in Caceres. Very friendly and helpful staff and very comfortable modern rooms. Couldn't have asked for a better location in terms of being able to explore Caceres and visit local bars and restaurants. I would definitely recommend this to anyone passing through Caceres and would suggest putting in a request for a room overlooking the Plaza Mayor - fab views!

• Stayed: June 2012

Reviewed 22 June 2012

The location is fantastic, right on the main square just across from the walled old city. Views from the room over the square. Easy access to the main sites in the old town and to the many bars and restaurants in the square. The rooms were very clean and comfortable. You can't drive up to the hotel but they have a special rate at a car park which is 4-5 minutes walk away (ring the hotel for directions).

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Lord_John_E
Reviewed 10 June 2012

we actually stopped in Caceres, since we did not want to drive from Seville to Madrid in one go, and it turned out an excellent choice. Very beautiful old city. The hotel is located right across from the old city gate, a perfect place to start you walking tour. Rather complicated to drive to it, best to drive directly to the city parking lot, and walk from there. It's a short walk, event with suitcases. The hotel overlooks the big square in front of the old city, a glimpse of which you can get from your room window. Service was good, room was clean, no complaints here.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 16 May 2012

We stayed for one night in this fabulous hotel in the centre of Caceres and the experience was absolutely first class. The hotel offers tremendously good value accommodation and a wonderful view of the Unesco world heritage old town in this very central part of Spain. The well designed modern hotel has retained a charm in keeping with it's location and provided a spacious room overlooking a side street which despite my misgivings, was not all noisy. The buffet breakfast in the morning was of a high standard with a good choice of fruit, meats, cheese etc . Overall we were delighted with our stay at the hotel, thought it offered excellent service at really good value and we would definitely return for a longer stay and the opportunity to see much more of this very attractive part of Spain.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank mopo58
Reviewed 20 April 2012

Optimal location in a beautiful setting, very friendly and helpful staff, and a wonderful city. What more could one ask for? Cáceres is also a great base for exploration to nearby cities such as Trujillo, Guadalupe, and Mérida. We stayed here for three nights and I would return in a heartbeat. Before our stay my communications with the hotel via e-mail were answered promptly. Our room was clean and very nice. The staff went far beyond any expectation to help us. One night I thought I had lost my charger to my cell phone, and it was past 8pm when the shops close. I asked the hotel staff if they had any suggestions as to what I might do. The clerk disappeared for a moment only to return with a box full of cell phone chargers!!! We found one that worked in a couple of minutes. Her husband apparently works for one of the local phone companies, so she had a box of extra chargers on her desk for folks like me who had lost their own. One night I was trying to purchase RENFE tickets on the web, and the website would not accept my credit card. The clerk that evening even tried as well, then after he failed, called RENFE for me to inquire about information and specifics. My thanks to all at Hotel Casa Don Fernando for their kindness during our stay.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled with family