All reviewstrain stationmodern hotelbusiness tripcentral locationcould have been betternice breakfastsmiling staffcomfortable bedlocation is greatnice staycentre of townshort stayrooms are cleannice viewdenmarksquarecastle
Reviewed 21 January 2018

Many years that i stay at first hotel.
Excellent location close to downtown.
Unfortunately no more hotel restaurant and now need to be renovated moquette and rooms.
Extra money to pay for king size bed

• Stayed: January 2018, travelled on business
Reviewed 13 January 2018

The carpet issue mentioned in other reviews is a non issue. The carpets were already being replaced when I returned in January. And I say this as a Scandinavian/Japanese germophobe. This is a very clean and tidy hotel.
The location is truly great. But what I really appreciate here is the general efficiency and real friendliness of the staff, from reception, housekeeping to breakfast staff. I can definitely recommend, and we are already planning a return in Summer.

• Stayed: December 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 9 January 2018

The hotel is situated right by the train station, however, it is fairly quiet. We were greeted by a friendly and helpful receptionist. The room was clean and was equipped just fine for a short stay. The breakfast had a wide selection of choices, with product range also for gluten-free and lactose-free diets. We chose to park at a nearby public parking, which was for free and was just behind the hotel by the main street.

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 24 November 2017 via mobile

Jetlag seriously kicked my butt on the way from Copenhagen to Århus. It wasn’t safe to drive anymore. I booked it based on reviews and it was a 50% off sale for Black Friday. Breakfast included for $70 or so Canadian dollars. I was pleasantly surprised. Very clean room and it had clearly been renovated. It seemed like quite a hot spot for food but I didn’t eat a meal there yet. I’m going to have breakfast tomorrow. I can say it smelled amazing.

Across the parking lot there is a 7/11 for any basic needs including munchies, a sewing kit and a 3 pack or Tuborg beer. Prices are fair. I’d stay here again even though it was a little out of my way. The town seems very nice.

Stayed: November 2017, travelled with family
Lotte M, Reception at First Hotel Kolding, responded to this reviewResponded 14 December 2017

Dear Jeremy_HD

Thank You very much for taking time evaluating Your stay with us.

We are pleased to see You had a great stay with us and wnjoyed the room standard as well as the cleaning.

We are proud beeing placed very central of the city with shopping, restaurants and sightseeing only a few minutes away by walk.

We hope to welcome You back in the future giving You the possebility exploring our neighbourhood more than this time.

Kind regards

FIRST HOTEL KOLDING

Janine Wheale
Reception

Reviewed 24 October 2017

The hotel is close to restaurants in town - walking distance
Nice location, car park is easy and if not in car it is close to train station
Friendly service and the room is clean.
Here you get value for money.

• Stayed: October 2017, travelled on business