I'm Indian working in a software company. I had got chance to visit Kolding, Denmark on a Business trip in last October 2009 with an office colleague. Our branch office in Kolding had booked the room for us in "Kolding Byferie" earlier. We reached Kolding Byferie from Billund Airport at 7:00 PM. The reception closes at 6 PM. So they had given us a passcode to open the box and get our card key there. We got the key and headed to our room. We faced little difficult as it was little dark there in the campus.
We had got a rectangular apartment (perhaps H-204) with 2 bedrooms (1 room with dauble bed and another with children bed) and a fully equipped kitchen along with a hall. All rooms and halls were having room heaters in it. The kitchen drawers were full of beautiful dishes, cutlery set and utensils. The Electric Gas stove, Freezer, Oven and LCD TV were available too. One can cook if he/she want. Even we cooked for sometimes. There's free Internet-connection in each apartment, but we 2 person had to get cables in the morning and they connected extra router for us free of cost too.
The Hall was big, but the rooms were little small comparing to other hotels...but OK. Bathroom was equipped with hot/cold shower knob. The bathroom in the washroom is also small (may be very small for a fat man/woman) ! The lighting facility in the staircase was equipped with sensors...It glows only when you enter and switched off when you are out :-).
Kolding Byferie is located one side by the lake Slottsö, a beautiful lake with swans and beautiful water. The shopping Malls and Railway station is just a few hundred meter away from the apartment. Also there are lots of Shops and restaurants available just infront of this apartment. There is Koldinghus (the big castle on the hill near-by). The roof top view on this castle is simply great !!
We got free ticket daily to the use it's indoor Slottsöbadet, the swimming pool complex, which is just 100 metres away. You can go swimming...They have 6-7 great swimming pools, inflatable toys for the kids to play in, water cannons, bubbles and a counter current, waterslide, saunas, a jacuzzi. I really enjoyed a lot there. One will get a free unlimited Parking ticket in the Kolding Byferie campus.
They have a restaurant in the campus. But as we are little bit uncomfortable on the Danish food...we didn't tried the food in the hotel. Again we were leaving to office in the morning 7:30 AM, so the breakfast was not ready that time. Also they were charging 90.00 DKK for breakffast and 130.00 DKK for Brunch per person...which was pretty costlier. But there are one Japanese Restaurant 'Peking Restaurant', Marmaris Pizza corner we visited frequently available infront of the apartment.
Some downside points are :
1) The room is cleaned once in a week and the bedsheet, blankets changed then.
2) Reception is closed at 6 PM. That was quite difficult for us, as we return from office after 6 PM.
But overall, it's a good hotel to stay. The staffs were very helping natured and provided a lot of information on the places we can visit there. We visited some places in and around Kolding. We stayed there for around 2 weeks and really enjoyed the cool climate !!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Kolding Hotel Apartmetns is 84 architecturally designed hotel apartments situated in the center of Kolding with the Royal Castle Museum Koldinghus and Lakeshore on one side, and the town's cozy latin quarter on the other. We offer a wonderful environment for everyone, regardless of whether you prefer to stay by the lake, the courtyard or the street. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, lastminute.com.au, Expedia APAC, Booking.com, Wotif.com and Evoline ltd so you can book your Kolding Hotel Apartments reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Kolding Byferie