“Wonderful Stay”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in New Shoreham
The Sheffield House
Ranked #12 of 27 New Shoreham B&B and Inns
Reviewed 29 August 2014

B&B is walking distance to town. Home is nice & quiet with an outside porch furnished with comfortable chairs. Bedrooms are nice sized and comfortable. The best feature of this B&B though is the owners. Ed & Diane and wonderful, friendly people. We came as guests and left as friends.

Room Tip: We prefer the 2nd floor.
1  Thank 685TomL

Reviewed 24 August 2014

We stay at the Sheffield house for 6 nights in the rose mallow room #5. We really enjoyed our stayed - Diane was very helpful with restaurant recommendations and made us feel right at home. The room was spacious and had a nice breeze. Wished we could have stayed longer! We highly recommend this b&b and will definitely be back.

• Stayed: August 2014
3  Thank emc_traveler_12
Reviewed 19 August 2014

My husband and I stayed here for a long weekend on our first trip to Block Island and could not be happier. The owners are so friendly and helpful. The rooms are all updated and very comfortable. You sometimes wonder about noise with a B&B and this was not an issue at all. The care put in to the breakfast mix was delicious way to start your day on the porch with Diane, Ed and Lucy too! The location was really perfect - just a short walk to the restaurants and shops in town. We highly recommend this gem of a B&B spot!

Room Tip: We slept in room #6 at first and moved to room #5 for our last night - for no other reason than book...
1  Thank elizabethbussian
Reviewed 9 August 2014

My wife and I stayed here for three nights on Block Island and highly recommend this place! Their current ranking doesn't do the place justice.

Good stuff:
- The Inn-keepers, Diane & Ed Hayde are the two of the most down-to-earth, kind, and genuine people you could interact with. They were so easy to talk to, welcoming, and easy going. We felt very comfortable coming and going, and felt like this place was 'ours' during our trip. They made phone calls to people they know on the island on our behalf (to find another room for an extra night because we extended our stay, for a moped rental discount, etc.)
- Great location! Right up the road from Old Harbor- it is a short walk from the down-town area, and a reasonable walk to the beaches (Ballards & State Beach). Also extremely close to rental places (bikes, mopeds) and restaurants. We also liked that it wasn't right in the center of down-town- but close enough to still be convenient.
- Unique breakfasts. Diane's breakfasts had a 'Swedish' flair to them, which was cool and she used local ingredients in the meals (berries from the island, jams from the farmer's market, etc.)

Drawbacks:
- We had the unfortunate luck of being at the B&B at the same time as three college kids, who treated the inn like a college dorm. On our first night, we heard a TON of door banging, walking around the hallways, going up and down the stairs, laughter, etc. which made sleeping difficult. Apparently they were spoken to on the second night because of this and that night was more reasonable. Nevertheless, our sleep quality was diminished. The rooms are in close-quarters to each other, so we felt the need to be more quiet than we would usually be, in consideration of the other guests. This was the one drawback of the place.

5  Thank NorthStarrr
Reviewed 3 August 2014

Sheffield House is nothing short of extraordinary! An impeccably maintained, crystal clean gem of a B & B surrounded by lush gardens with all the amenities one might hope to find in a stellar location set this place apart from the others. Upon arrival this weary traveler was greeting by frolicking flowers, stunning white wooden rocking chairs and wicker cushioned chairs wrapped lovingly around the beautiful front porch. As I opened the vintage front door, reminiscent of my childhood at the shore, I was met by a hand written note and the warm, welcoming hand of Inn keeper Diane. Always eager to help, Diane provided countless bits of treasured B. I. visitor information which enhanced my experience exponentially. My room could not have been better more perfect! As if in total synchronicity with the adventure I didn't know I needed, Sheffield House complimented the most relaxing vacation this repeat B. I. visitor has had. I love the Daffodil room, a well appointed retreat with a fantastic bathroom, an abundance of brilliant white, soft and cozy towels, energetic shower, silent whirling ceiling fan, breezy window adorned with a sweet lace curtain, adorable closet with just the right amount of hangers and handy hooks. Thrilled beyond measure, I was completely stunned when I slide into my Queen bed and emitted an audible sound of what I can only describe as "pure bliss"! Beds are never an easy match for individuals with varied personal needs and wants, "my" bed felt tailor made to my needs and was markedly above and beyond what I currently have in my own home! My only complaint? I had to leave at the conclusion of my stay...and even then Diane showers her guests with the sweet convenience of holding belongings and providing a perfect out door shower prior to departure....so GO, indulge and replenish your soul in peaceful slumber and all Sheffield House has to offer while spending time in one of the most precious New England summer spots.

Room Tip: Daffodil room was quiet, perfectly appointed, temperature throughout trip was perfect!
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends