“The Echo”

Cuisines: British
Description: Pub And Wine Bar
Description: Pub And Wine Bar
Reviewed 21 December 2017 via mobile

Great night. The band were excellent. Lilly accommodated the four of us and found us a table so we could see the band. Great food, great service, great atmosphere! Great Pub!

Reviewed 21 December 2017 via mobile

I used to think this place was okay, but have realised its not as great as people make it out to be.
If you are a local/regular, you'll be fine, otherwise the Staff treat you with a degree of contempt/disdain! Given the number of high street Pubs closing these days, this is not a ideal.
Usually you'll have to wait ages to get served (whilst the Staff chat to each other or to the Regulars) this week was a new spin on 'crap service'! We got to the Pub at 10:50 for a quick Nightcap after a late Dinner, the Pub was quite quiet. We tried to order some drinks and were told that "we couldn't be served as we weren't in the Pub when they rang Last Orders"! When challenged about this Rule I've NEVER heard of before, the Bar Manager mumbled some junk about it "being the Law" - haha.
I've been drinking for years (I've even worked in Pubs when I was Student) there is no such Law, all there is is LAZY STAFF who can't be bothered!
I'm glad to see that Wokingham has some new Bars opened up recently, needless to say, that's where my Business will be going in future, or the Ship Inn - where the Staff do provide decent, friendly service.

2  Thank LuDstar
Reviewed 17 December 2017 via mobile

If you want a drink it's the best place in Wokingham to have a greet night. Girls are sexy and the bar owner is amazing. They do the best baby Guinness

Reviewed 17 December 2017 via mobile

Best place I have had the opportunity to drink in. Quality pub always get served and have a great time. Me and the lads love it

Reviewed 17 December 2017 via mobile

What an amazing pub! The staff are so positive and fun. The landlady is a perfect hostess. Food is great. Always a great night here!