Pros: Lovely building, great views, modern, contemporary furnishings throughout, great restaurant had a lovely evening meal, staff were polite and helpful and always pleased to be greeted with a warm choc cookie! Room was adequate size, with comfy bed, safe in room and furniture is standing the test of time (often in these places it is a bit dog earred, not so here) Added bonus of a swimming pool for use. Quiet and peaceful bedrooms and wasn't disturbed.Lovely restaurant but make sure you book early in the day to get the time you want.
Cons: Access wouldn't be easy for disabled persons as the reception is on first floor, although there are lifts. Wifi isn't free which is annoying especially when it is £15 a day....get real I can get this at home for a month for £15. Three of the ten lights were blown in the bedroom, despite reporting this, it wasn't fixed during our stay. Drinks very expensive. Breakfast was frantic, go early to avoid the rushing around of persons trying to work out the buffet. The restaurant was also very busy at night and kids were screaming (it was half term) about near our table near the door, but we were promptly moved when we requested a more peaceful table, although we both had to carry all our drinks and water etc, the waitress if she had been worth her salt would have helped us with a tray, but I am being really fussy now!
Other: When checked in (which was fast and efficient) when struggled all the way to the room which seemed a long way away in the annexe part of the building, there were six housekeeping carts along our narrow corridor at 4pm and had to struggle past them to get to the room with the luggage, not a good start. Had to take our own hotel towels to the swimming pool so they smelt of chlorine thereafter and there is one solitary peg in the whole bedroom for the towels how to dry them who knows, especially when they want you to be eco-friendly and retain towels for more than one day.
Overall I wouldn't hesitate to come back here as I got a great deal and had a good time, just needs a few more tweaks and it would be first class. Best stay I have had in a hotel for a while.
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hilton EMEA, Hotels.com, Expedia APAC, Wotif.com, Booking.com, Odigeo, Hooroo Pty Ltd, lastminute.com.au, TripOnline SA, HotelQuickly and Evoline ltd so you can book your Doubletree by Hilton, Dunblane-Hydro reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Doubletree By Hilton, Dunblane-Hydro Hotel Dunblane
- Hilton International Dunblane
- Dunblane Hydro
- Hydro Dunblane
- Dunblane Hilton International
- Doubletree By Hilton, Dunblane-Hydro Scotland