“Back again”

Ranked #6 of 7 Hotels in East Kilbride
Lincoln, United Kingdom
“Back again”
Reviewed 12 March 2012

I have stayed here many times before and as always the staff really make this hotel, so welcoming and efficien,t especially the staff at reception. I opt, where ever possible for an executive room for the added extras and can't understand why a previous reviewer complained. I too have stayed at hotels all over the world and this hotel provides good value for money in a convenient location. Room service food is always good. I had a gripe before about the difficulty of using the kettle on the 'hostess' tray and this has now been changed, what more could you ask for.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled solo
Scott D, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn East Kilbride, responded to this review, 16 March 2012
Thank you for taking the time to post a positive review of our hotel on Trip Advisor.

I am pleased to hear that you are a regular visitor to the hotel and that you are truly satisfied with the staff and our restaurant menu.

Our executive bedrooms are fantastic value what host many features from free Wi-Fi, complementary bathrobes and slippers, confectionary packs, to name of a few.

I hope to be able to welcome you back to our hotel again soon.

Front Office Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (139)
Wales, UK
Reviewed 5 March 2012

We stayed here as part of an event. Room was fine - clean, decent shower, nice furnishings. We hearn no one from above or next door but there was a continuous noise - maybe an airconditioning unit that was audible when trying to sleep
Food was fine, breakfast good though there was a lack of fried eggs. The leisure facilities are superb - large ppol, large sauna, stream room and jacuzzi. I really enjoyed the time. Lots of comfy chairs so plenty of places to sit and relax
Its not in a pretty location - its right next to a huge flyover, but convenient for the motorway. We felt it was a bit pricey for what we got and the lunch sandwich offering was poor (mainly egg, tuna and ham sandwiches - basic fare)

• Stayed March 2012, travelled on business
Scott D, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn East Kilbride, responded to this review, 6 March 2012
Thank you for reviewing our hotel on Trip Advisor.

I am pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay and found the rooms to a high standard. I am also pleased to hear that you enjoyed our leisure facilities that are free for all guests residing in the hotel.

I have passed your comments onto our head chef regarding the food options available during your stay.

Once again I thank you for your review. Should you wish to plan future visits to the Holiday Inn Glasgow-East Kilbride please don’t hesitate to contact myself directly on frontofficemgr@hieastkilbride.com.

Calcutta, West Bengal, India
Reviewed 5 March 2012

Terrible; I have been traveling all over the world for so many years; it's the first time I stayed in a hotel which does not even provide complementary drinking water or break fast services to it's guest. I thought, this is an International brand and there would be this minimum services.

Room Tip: Check for services and other things which you expect from the hotel before you board it
  • Stayed February 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank Ashish O
Thank you for leaving a review of our hotel on Trip Advisor.

I am sorry to hear that you were disappointed with a few aspects of your stay. At the Holiday Inn Glasgow-East Kilbride there are two packages available to our guests; a room only rate that excludes breakfast and a breakfast inclusive rate.

It is not a standard to provide a complimentary breakfast to all residents as like other Holiday Inn hotels.

If you plan to visit the hotel again in the future please contact myself directly on frontofficemgr@hieastkilbride.com and I will ensure that we have all necessary arrangements in place prior to your arrival.

Once again I apologise for any inconvenience that this has caused and hope that this does not deter any future stays at our hotel.

London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 3 March 2012

Booked with no cancellation option and got a great price. Room was nice, everything as advertised. Shower curtain was a bit mouldy. Electronic door key failed and had extra trips to and forth reception before a member of staff came and let us in was annoying. Breakfast was excellent and good value.

• Stayed April 2011
Scott D, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn East Kilbride, responded to this review, 4 March 2012
Thank you for reviewing out hotel on Trip Advisor.

I am pleased you were happy with your stay and the price paid for your room. I am sorry however to hear that you experienced an issue with your room key. I hope that this issue was rectified and did not cause any further inconvenience.

If you plan to visit the hotel again in the future please don’t hesitate to contact myself directly on frontofficemgr@hieastkilbride.com and I will ensure that you receive a special room rate.

East Kilbride
Reviewed 28 February 2012

We had a fabulous wedding at the Holiday Inn. From the moment we booked we had complete confidence in Carla Currie - Events Manager . Nothing was a bother and she was so professional but warm and friendly with it. We had a final meeting with Carla a couple of weeks before the wedding and she supplied a schedule of events which meant we felt we could totally relax and leave everything in the hands of the staff. We had our function in the Ailsa Suite which has a lovely reception room where our guests mingled with sparkling wine until we were called through to dinner. The hotel supplied Silver Candelabras for the tables which added a lovely warm touch, which suited the time of year. The meal was beautiful and many of our guests commented on it. Compliments to the chef!! Claire and David who managed the function on the day were so professional and kept everything running like clockwork. We had our own hired band for the function but there was a DJ from midnight until 1am who played good varied music and kept us all dancing until the very end. I'm sure if you wanted to use the hotel entertainment for the whole evening he would keep all your guests on the floor. I {the bride} and many of my family stayed in the hotel the evening before the wedding and had a meal in the restaurant La Bonne Auberge. It's great value at £32.10 per couple for 3 courses and a bottle of wine. We also stayed in suite 300 which was a fabulous size for myself and family getting ready for the big day. Claire Duncan was great as we were leaving for the church and kept me talking while we were waiting for the cars which really helped alleviate my nerves. The reception staff were lovely too. I don't know how many phone calls I made to Glenn on reception who was always polite and helpful as was another girl with dark hair who had been on late shift on 10th and early again 11th Feb - Sorry I can't remember your name. There is also a health suite and pool at the hotel and Donna the beautician came to our room on the morning of the wedding and did a great job making us all up. All in all we had a wonderful day. The staff are all helpful in polite throughout the hotel. I would definitely recommend this hotel for a function. Best day of our life!!!!

• Stayed February 2012, travelled with family
Scott D, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn East Kilbride, responded to this review, 1 March 2012
Thank you for leaving a positive and warming review of our hotel on TripAdvisor.

At the hotel we strive to deliver a high standard of service at all times and hearing success stories like yours reminds us of the high standards our staff work to. Your comments will be passed onto the relevant department managers to share with their team.

Once again I thank you for your review and hope we can welcome you back to the hotel again; maybe for your first anniversary!

Also consider these accommodations in or near East Kilbride
6.4 km away
Parklands Hotel & Country Club
Parklands Hotel & Country Club
#2 of 2 in Newton Mearns

Been to Holiday Inn East Kilbride? Share your experiences!