All reviews car park multi storey shopping centre stayed here legoland package one way system dinner dance building work mini bar buffet breakfast ironing board business trip air conditioning visiting legoland tea coffee restaurant staff full english
Reviewed 9 July 2016

I have just returned from a one night stay at The Grange, booked as part of a Wimbledon Package with Newmarket Holidays on 7 July. The hotel is difficult to find even for a local resident like myself, no parking , additional £7.50 fee at the nearby council carpark. The Hotel is right in the middle of a building site. There was still noisy loud drilling at 2230 making it impossible to sleep. On a positive note, the duty night manager was helpful in finding me another room and a comfortable night was enjoyed. It is not the hotel's fault that the city centre is enjoying a long awaited facelift. HOWEVER, the breakfast shambles is completely another matter. We were greeted by a sullen hostess demanding to know if we were part of "the group". Being unsure what that meant we spotted our friends whom were already seated and had saved two seats for us. We were abruptly told we could not be seated with them as we were only allowed "continental" breakfast and "the group" were seated in the corner at the back of the restaurant. I did enquire why we could not eat our continental breakfast with our friends who were also in "the group" but already seated in the middle of the restaurant . The dreadful rude women just kept repeating we were not allowed to be seated anywhere but at the back. Worse still, the so called continental breakfast had run out of toast, croissants and even hot water in the flasks for tea !!! In the end we decided to forgo breakfast completely and just sit with our friends and suffered the glares from this rude and unhelpful women. I work for a local large international IT company and we place visiting staff and customers frequently in the BRACKNELL area. Would I recommend this hotel - ABSOLUTELY NOT.

Date of stay: July 2016
Reviewed 4 July 2016

We were a bit perturbed to turn up at this hotel to discover that it was in the centre of a town which was undergoing a complete refurbishment! The outside of the hotel belied a good interior though and our room was very spacious. Think the room could do with a bit of refurbishment though as was quite drab. Meals were quite expensive - with little competition from the surrounding area where there was a dearth of reasonable eating places. Okay for 2 X nights but would not go back. Lacks ambience and a bit impersonal.

Reviewed 2 July 2016 via mobile

My family and I stayed at the Grange Hotel for one night while we visited Lego Land which was only about a 20 minute drive away.
The hotel is very tall and easy to find. Parking was in public multi story car park which had easy access to the hotel and it was not expensive to leave the car there over night.
Our room was on the seventh floor, which felt extremely high.
The view was of the local shopping centre and a building site. Not an amazing view but this wasn't the reason why we was there.
The room we stayed in was a family room. There was a small kitchen 3 single beds for the children with a sofa and telly the glass double doors to the double bed and bathroom.
Everywhere was very clean and we were provided with tea and biscuits and a mini bar.
The bathroom, again very clean, had shampoo bottles on the side with a good supply of towels.
Breakfast in the morning was a buffet style breakfast, you could have cooked, toast, yogurts cereals and some lovely French pastry's.
Overall I was very impressed, with the hotel and the staff who were lovely!
I would definitely stay here again if we were this way.

Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 1 July 2016

We found the hotel with no problems, only issue was no car parking. Well, there was 4 spaces out the front by reception. But we had to park in a car park in the town centre, then walk through the town with our bags + 2 tired children to find a stairwell locked at the top. So after we called them to say we want to check in. Everything was fine. Hotel was clean. Staff helpful and friendly. Breakfast was a good variety to choose from. Almost everyone we met were staying through the Lego land deal. So it's clearly popular. The children also got offered free cookies and squash. Which I thought was nice.

Date of stay: May 2016
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 28 June 2016

I quite like this hotel, it served a purpose, it was difficult to find via sat nav due to the regeneration of the town centre, but on finding our way and booking in which involved filling out the on line check in, the desk staff were very courteous and pleasant and swift, we went to our room on the third floor, it overlooked a carpark, but we didnt book it for the view, the room was clean, well equipped and comfortable, we ate there in the evening again all the restaraunt staff were well trained and attentive. The food was quite expensive but well cooked and well presented. A lot of familys use this hotel as from what I can gather get good deals for hotel and tickets to legoland, and although there were a lot of familys in the restaraunt the atmosphere was pleasant. We got a good deal on this hotel for a single night stay but I would not have paid the usual full asking price of the hotel. If I can get a good deal again I would not have problem using this hotel again.