“Lovely Pub Deco & Food”

Cuisines: Pub
Good for: Groups, Child-friendly, Business meetings
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Breakfast, Lunch, Reservations
Reviewed 6 April 2018 via mobile

Great ambience and interior decoration with awesome staff and delicious food.

I had the award winning pie too. It’s dog friendly as well and one can buy doggie ice cream too!

Lovely place to go with family, friends, spouse or colleagues/business associates.

Hall W, Manager at Peacock Farm Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded 12 April 2018

Thank you so much for your review, it is great to hear that you enjoyed visiting us. We hope you can visit again soon.

Reviewed 5 April 2018 via mobile

Service was fine, setting was lovely but the food was a bit of a let down. We both ordered a dish which has been discountined (and heard another table order the same) yet still on the menu. I had the pasta which was completely over powered by the lemon taste, completely inedible. However the starter was nice and my partner was happy enough. I ordered a medium glass of wine which cost £6.10 which I thought was a bit excessive and I wonder how much a large glass was! I’m not sure if I would return, although if I do I’ll stick to the pub classics!

Hall W, Manager at Peacock Farm Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded 5 April 2018

We really appreciate your feedback; thank you for taking the trouble to post your review. We have taken your comments on board and do hope you will visit us again.

Reviewed 25 March 2018

After a log day training myself and a colleague needed a pint and a meal. The Peacock was close and convenient..it was also ram packed. No tables at al in the restauarant and we were lucky to find a table in the bar.The beer was good and the bar meal menu was reasonably varied. The service was quick, friendly but, unfortunately innacurate. I ordered classic shepherds pie and was looking forward to a tasty potato and lamb delight. For some reason I received the vegetarian lentil version which, of itself was ok, but didn't match my expectation or requirement. I was disappointed and left hungry - to my taste it was all but inedible. I didn't complain because the staff were rushed off their feet and have eaten a third of the dish it didn't seem right to send it back. I could have been grea..it just wasn't.

Hall W, Manager at Peacock Farm Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded 27 March 2018

We really appreciate your feedback; thank you for taking the trouble to post your review. We are sorry that you received the incorrect dish, had you mentioned it, we would have exchange it for you. We look forward to seeing you again very soon.

Reviewed 16 March 2018 via mobile

Met here for Sunday lunch following a recommendation from a friend. We were not disappointed! The food was hot and tasty and the service first class. The venue is easy to find but the signage off the nearest road could be better. I will certainly visit again.

Hall W, Manager at Peacock Farm Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded 20 March 2018

Thank you so much for taking the time to post such a wonderful review on Trip Advisor. We are so pleased we delivered great hospitality and we look forward to seeing you soon.

Reviewed 14 March 2018 via mobile

Came in this week for the pub quiz with friends.
Table was found for us and the service was excellent!
Young lady serving drinks to the table and very friendly.

Thank you for taking the time to post a review on Trip Advisor. We look forward to welcoming you back very soon.