“Wonderful Healing Massage”
Review of Day Spa @ Byron Women's Retreat - CLOSED

Day Spa @ Byron Women's Retreat
More attraction details
Owner description: The Day Spa offers luxurious treatments in a magnificent location overlooking Byron Bay and only 10 minutes from Byron Bay town centre and 5 minutes from Bangalow. Available for men and women, with all treatments given by Carla, who has 19 years experience.
Reviewed 16 June 2015

My hour-long massage with Carla was such a nurturing and uplifting experience. She has such an intuitive approach and seeks to make every second of the massage count. Carla is amazingly adept at pinpointing specific issues and areas of weakness and tension in the body, and was able to target my massage to work directly on these blockages. She has a deep understanding of the body and a great sense of what the person needs to help them towards healing, physically and emotionally. I would highly recommend her treatment.

Date of experience: June 2015

Reviewed 1 April 2015

I am 47 and have suffered from neck and shoulder pain and tension for many years. I have had a LOT of massages in an attempt to seek relief and I can safely say that the hour long massage that Carla did back in January was the most effective one I have ever had. I will definitely be going back.

Date of experience: January 2015
Reviewed 27 February 2015

Carla did some amazing work loosening up old injuries and intuitively working through my issues. Will be back on my return to Byron. Highly recommend.

Date of experience: February 2015
Review collected in partnership with this attraction
Reviewed 26 February 2015

I had a Heart, Body & Soul Session with Carla. Carla gave a great massage and assisted me with the direction I want to go in life. This was a life changing experience for me and I believe it was well worth my while visiting Carla. This treatment had an incredible effect on my body and brought me clarity to many confusing issues, while also relieving pain. Also, Carla has a beautiful outlook from her Retreat and you feel relaxed and welcome from the minute you walk in. I am hoping to go back in the future. Thank you so much Carla.

See more reviews
Reviewed 23 February 2015

Now, although I didn't fall asleep during my 90 minute treatment, this was by far the most relaxing massage I have ever had. Carla's massage feels so very therapeutic and at times, you almost can't tell how she is massaging as her touch is light but she really knows how to relax a person. Several areas of tightness (that I didn't know existed and no-one has ever massaged thoroughly before) (like the tail of my spine) were relieved of their discomfort and I was amazed at how quickly the time flew by.
Carla has a beautiful setting for her studio, which in itself is worthy of a visit. She is a delightfully kind individual who truly has a wonderful gift in her massage. She is worthy of a visit when you are in Byron or nearby.
Although I live 2 and half hours away, I will be planning a semi-regular visit to Carla as I have not encountered her style of massage before and I really found it beneficial.
My friend and I really enjoyed our visit, Carla - many thanks, Donna