Day Spa @ Byron Women's Retreat - CLOSED
Review Highlights
"Nourishing, Empowering and Healing to the Mind, Body & Soul"

To anyone considering attending Byron Women's Solo Retreat in NZ, without a second's hesitation, I... read more

Reviewed 28 September 2015
RoslynO14
Melbourne
Carla simply works wonders

Picturesque views from the massage room with stylish facilities was a treat in itself and a... read more

Reviewed 2 July 2015
BronwynMorris
Byron Bay, Australia

See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 18 January 2015

I was gifted a one hour Signature Healing massage at the Byron Women's Retreat. I am 22 weeks pregnant and have been reluctant to go to just any massage therapist. Carla was amazing. She had set up the room perfectly for a comfortable and safe pregnancy massage. She consulted with me prior to the massage about my needs and preferences. The entire experience was perfectly relaxing and I felt amazing for the rest of the day. Would definitely recommend for other pregnant women who may feel concerned about where to go for a safe massage.

Date of experience: January 2015
Reviewed 11 January 2015

My return to Byron Bay would seem incomplete without a visit to Carla for her amazing signature massage. For the second year running I have booked this for the day of my arrival and have found it a perfect way to unwind from stresses of the year and slip quickly into 'holiday mode'. Thanks once again Carla for finding those tense spots and teasing them out of my body. I felt infused with energy after our session. I can highly recommend this at the start of your Byron break.

Date of experience: January 2015
Reviewed 1 October 2014

Thanks to the reviews on here, I treated myself to Carla's 1.5hr Signature Healing Massage on my recent trip to Byron.

Carla has an amazing gift, both with her healing touch, and with her kind soul. The massage was amazing, and the conversation with Carla was equally as rewarding.

I will definitely be planning future trips to Byron around her availability :).

Date of experience: September 2014
1  Thank Prahalove
Reviewed 7 September 2014

wow - more than a massage. Carla is an incredibly intuitive beautiful soul whose touch is healing is so many ways. She has an amazing gift and uses it so well. it was a special experience that i am so glad i did. Only wished i lived there so i could go on a regular basis! - highly recommended :))

Date of experience: August 2014
Reviewed 23 July 2014

It's ridiculous to describe what Carla does as 'a massage'. What Carla delivers each time you see her (5 now for me) travels lightyears beyond the standard definition of a massage. Carla is an extremely gifted intuitive. Who happens to use her outstandingly precise gift to do two things as she works with you:
1. she uses her gift of intuition to communicate directly with your body's muscles, to converse with them about how and where they need to be touched, to be healed. Well at least this is what I think she must do. One thing is for sure: Carla gets inside information somehow! She KNOWS the exact spot, the exact pressure, the exact amount of time, the exact release. It feels as if she literally communicates with my muscles as she massages me, finding out from them what they want and need from moment to moment. It is the most profoundly healing 'bodywork' I've ever experienced. I've had fibromyalgia since i was 15 years old, so I've done almost every bodywork for healing: chiro, physio, osteo, cranio-sacral, acupuncture, mythotherapy, reiki, kinesiology, other massage. Nothing comes close.
2. Carla uses her gift to connect with your heart and soul, as she massages you, so as to offer you with ... extremely profound, personal, perspective-shifting 'messages'. She seems to be able to "feel' into your deepest heartspace and offer you some guiding, healing words about yourself, your life, your most inner workings. It's a deeply moving experience. You feel like you've just had a little 'life chat' with your guardian angel. And who knows, maybe you have.
I implore you to go and experience this all for yourself. It's a rich and poignant, personal heart and soul experience... I promise you, afterward, you won't be able to refer to the experience as " a massage" either.

Date of experience: July 2014