“The healing massage is exactly that”
Review of Day Spa @ Byron Women's Retreat - CLOSED

Day Spa @ Byron Women's Retreat
More attraction details
Owner description: The Day Spa offers luxurious treatments in a magnificent location overlooking Byron Bay and only 10 minutes from Byron Bay town centre and 5 minutes from Bangalow. Available for men and women, with all treatments given by Carla, who has 19 years experience.
Reviewed 1 October 2014

Thanks to the reviews on here, I treated myself to Carla's 1.5hr Signature Healing Massage on my recent trip to Byron.

Carla has an amazing gift, both with her healing touch, and with her kind soul. The massage was amazing, and the conversation with Carla was equally as rewarding.

I will definitely be planning future trips to Byron around her availability :).

Date of experience: September 2014
1  Thank Prahalove

Reviewed 7 September 2014

wow - more than a massage. Carla is an incredibly intuitive beautiful soul whose touch is healing is so many ways. She has an amazing gift and uses it so well. it was a special experience that i am so glad i did. Only wished i lived there so i could go on a regular basis! - highly recommended :))

Date of experience: August 2014
Reviewed 23 July 2014

It's ridiculous to describe what Carla does as 'a massage'. What Carla delivers each time you see her (5 now for me) travels lightyears beyond the standard definition of a massage. Carla is an extremely gifted intuitive. Who happens to use her outstandingly precise gift to do two things as she works with you:
1. she uses her gift of intuition to communicate directly with your body's muscles, to converse with them about how and where they need to be touched, to be healed. Well at least this is what I think she must do. One thing is for sure: Carla gets inside information somehow! She KNOWS the exact spot, the exact pressure, the exact amount of time, the exact release. It feels as if she literally communicates with my muscles as she massages me, finding out from them what they want and need from moment to moment. It is the most profoundly healing 'bodywork' I've ever experienced. I've had fibromyalgia since i was 15 years old, so I've done almost every bodywork for healing: chiro, physio, osteo, cranio-sacral, acupuncture, mythotherapy, reiki, kinesiology, other massage. Nothing comes close.
2. Carla uses her gift to connect with your heart and soul, as she massages you, so as to offer you with ... extremely profound, personal, perspective-shifting 'messages'. She seems to be able to "feel' into your deepest heartspace and offer you some guiding, healing words about yourself, your life, your most inner workings. It's a deeply moving experience. You feel like you've just had a little 'life chat' with your guardian angel. And who knows, maybe you have.
I implore you to go and experience this all for yourself. It's a rich and poignant, personal heart and soul experience... I promise you, afterward, you won't be able to refer to the experience as " a massage" either.

Date of experience: July 2014
Reviewed 9 July 2014

I highly recommend a massage with Carla! It was a wonderful experience for both my body and heart. She has a beautiful, calming, comforting presence which makes the magic of her massage even more healing. Thank you Carla!

Date of experience: June 2014
See more reviews
Reviewed 29 June 2014

If you get the opportunity for a signature healing massage with Carla, take it! Since my session with Carla, a pain and tightness that I have had for 25 years in the right side of the back of my head, my neck and my shoulder has eased and dissipated. This is phenomenal for me after years of massages, osteopathy, chiro, physio, accupuncture and other remedies made very little or no difference to my discomfort. After the signature healing massage I felt energy flowing down my neck and into my shoulder and shoulder blade where previously, for as long as I can remember, there was only numbness and lack of ease. It felt like cool, clear, pure energetic liquid flowing freely - such a relief after so long being dense, knotted and restricted.
What's more, my body has continued to unravel, relax and hum with vitality for 3 days since my session. Thank you Carla, it has been a blessing to meet you.

Date of experience: June 2014