“The best 90 mins at Byron bay”
Review of Day Spa @ Byron Women's Retreat - CLOSED

Day Spa @ Byron Women's Retreat
More attraction details
Owner description: The Day Spa offers luxurious treatments in a magnificent location overlooking Byron Bay and only 10 minutes from Byron Bay town centre and 5 minutes from Bangalow. Available for men and women, with all treatments given by Carla, who has 19 years experience.
Reviewed 2 February 2014

Without a doubt Carla is magical. She seems to know exactly were your pain is and works her magic with her hands. My daughter booked the massage for me and I had no idea what I was expecting. All that my daughter said was to keep an open mind. Well I have to say that my daughter and I treat ourselves to massages at least once a month but nothing like this one. She was seriously the best massage I have ever had. Unfortunately for me my stay at byron was too short otherwise I would have definitely had another one before I left. I will look forward to my next visit to Byron Bay unless Carla can be convinced to move to Sydney.
Somehow I don't think my chances of that ever happening but one can only live in hope.
Thank you Carla.
Josette
Balmoral Mosman NSW

Date of experience: January 2014
CarlaI662, Owner at Day Spa @ Byron Women's Retreat, responded to this reviewResponded 18 February 2014

Thank you so much for writing such a positive review about your massage experience. I am so grateful to hear you loved your massage and I am so sorry I declined your offer to move to Sydney. People invite me to places all over the world to massage them, but Byron Bay is my favorite place on Earth and not such a bad place to visit for a massage. So, I look forward to seeing you again, next time you are looking for that special massage - now you know where to go :-)

Reviewed 20 January 2014

I had a heart body soul reading with Carla - which is a massage plus much more where Carla 'tunes in' to your body and gives you a lot of personal information to absorb, reflect on and do with what you may. I booked this based on tripadvisor reviews and am glad i did.

If you really just want the massage part then perhaps this isnt for you and either get just a massage or go elsewhere. However if you are more interested in the holistic nature of this treatment then give it a go. It will be like nothing you have experienced.

We were both in tears (am I really that messed up!!??) and Carla was very quick to pick up on my words and what my body was telling her and has given me a lot to think about and reflect on.

Thanks Carla
x

Date of experience: December 2013

Thank you for taking the time to write a review for your heart body soul reading and massage and describing your experience in such a wonderful way. Tears are not uncommon in this session and are of course welcomed with an open heart, as they show 'energy is moving' which is exactly what we want. So thank you for being open and willing and I look forward to seeing you next time you are in Byron Bay and hearing about your progress.

Reviewed 19 January 2014

I was in Byron with friends and family and read reviews about Carla's wonderful massages. I had 2 girlfriends with me and we expected to head out to the Spa Retreat, Carla advised they were booked but could come to us.

I had the last massage, and was amazed at the level of involvement and positive energy that Carla still had as I was the last. Her massage was so intuitive and relaxing. I often have a sore lower back and knee pain picking up my twins, but after my massage I felt like I was realigned and suddenly rediscovered my neck. Carla as a person is remarkable, and I felt very comfortable. Emotionally I felt settled and relaxed especially to the lead up of Christmas and New Year. Next time I'm in Byron I'll be booking in a massage. Thank you Carla for my beautiful massage. Mos

Date of experience: December 2013

Thank you Mos for your review. It was so wonderful to meet you and your friends and to see what a beautiful heartfelt connection you all shared. Massaging you all was such a gift. I hope you had a great stay in Byron Bay and I look forward to seeing you next time you visit.

Reviewed 30 December 2013 via mobile

This had to be one of the best massages I've ever had. I'm knotted up across my shoulders and normally people massaging me dig in and hurt me to release the knots, but Carla's massage didn't hurt and still had the same effect. I felt wonderful the next few days and would do it again in a heart beat, though next time I'd do longer than an hour. Really can't recommend it enough and wish I still lived in Australia so I could visit her regularly..

Carla I, Owner at Day Spa @ Byron Women's Retreat, responded to this reviewResponded 5 January 2014

Thank you so much for writing a review to let others know about your massage experience. I am so glad to hear your shoulders are feeling better and I hope they stay relaxed for the rest of your holiday!

See more reviews
Reviewed 30 December 2013

I've literally just left seeing Carla and am floating. This is my first pregnancy and it was amazing to get such a professional massage. Carla understands all about comfort and support in pregnancy and what's more she is a calming lovely person to be around. I cannot wait to return and now know the importance of doing such things for myself more often. Carla explained pregnancy does not have to be painful, and it doesn't! Any worries I had before my massage are gone. Physically and emotionally I feel wonderful. Thank you Carla and see you again.

Date of experience: December 2013

Thank you Katherine for writing such a wonderful review. I love it when that relaxed floaty feeling happens, it's a good testament to a deeply relaxing and healing experience. I'm looking forward to seeing you again in the near future. Best wishes for your pregnancy.