“Awesome Massage from Carla”
Review of Day Spa @ Byron Women's Retreat - CLOSED

Day Spa @ Byron Women's Retreat
More attraction details
Owner description: The Day Spa offers luxurious treatments in a magnificent location overlooking Byron Bay and only 10 minutes from Byron Bay town centre and 5 minutes from Bangalow. Available for men and women, with all treatments given by Carla, who has 19 years experience.
Reviewed 19 January 2014

I was in Byron with friends and family and read reviews about Carla's wonderful massages. I had 2 girlfriends with me and we expected to head out to the Spa Retreat, Carla advised they were booked but could come to us.

I had the last massage, and was amazed at the level of involvement and positive energy that Carla still had as I was the last. Her massage was so intuitive and relaxing. I often have a sore lower back and knee pain picking up my twins, but after my massage I felt like I was realigned and suddenly rediscovered my neck. Carla as a person is remarkable, and I felt very comfortable. Emotionally I felt settled and relaxed especially to the lead up of Christmas and New Year. Next time I'm in Byron I'll be booking in a massage. Thank you Carla for my beautiful massage. Mos

Date of experience: December 2013
CarlaI662, Owner at Day Spa @ Byron Women's Retreat, responded to this reviewResponded 18 February 2014

Thank you Mos for your review. It was so wonderful to meet you and your friends and to see what a beautiful heartfelt connection you all shared. Massaging you all was such a gift. I hope you had a great stay in Byron Bay and I look forward to seeing you next time you visit.

Reviewed 30 December 2013 via mobile

This had to be one of the best massages I've ever had. I'm knotted up across my shoulders and normally people massaging me dig in and hurt me to release the knots, but Carla's massage didn't hurt and still had the same effect. I felt wonderful the next few days and would do it again in a heart beat, though next time I'd do longer than an hour. Really can't recommend it enough and wish I still lived in Australia so I could visit her regularly..

Carla I, Owner at Day Spa @ Byron Women's Retreat, responded to this reviewResponded 5 January 2014

Thank you so much for writing a review to let others know about your massage experience. I am so glad to hear your shoulders are feeling better and I hope they stay relaxed for the rest of your holiday!

Reviewed 30 December 2013

I've literally just left seeing Carla and am floating. This is my first pregnancy and it was amazing to get such a professional massage. Carla understands all about comfort and support in pregnancy and what's more she is a calming lovely person to be around. I cannot wait to return and now know the importance of doing such things for myself more often. Carla explained pregnancy does not have to be painful, and it doesn't! Any worries I had before my massage are gone. Physically and emotionally I feel wonderful. Thank you Carla and see you again.

Date of experience: December 2013

Thank you Katherine for writing such a wonderful review. I love it when that relaxed floaty feeling happens, it's a good testament to a deeply relaxing and healing experience. I'm looking forward to seeing you again in the near future. Best wishes for your pregnancy.

Reviewed 8 December 2013

My 1 hr pregnancy massage with Carla was definitely one of the highlights of my pre-baby hurrah in Byron Bay. It was the best decision I made. Peaceful location. Carla was knowledgeable and welcoming. This is my first pregnancy massage, wasn't sure what to expect. She was thorough, asked if there was anything I'd like her to work on. My pelvis/ hips have been hurting and I find it hard to sleep and get up/out of bed being at Week 30. After the massage I felt as though I've been given a pair of new hips and slept well that night! I'm really grateful. Not only was it relaxing, it was healing. I hope to squeeze in another session in the near future!

Date of experience: December 2013

It's great to hear your body is feeling so much better after your massage. Pregnancy always brings it's challenges and I am happy I could help. Thank you for taking the time to write a review and I look forward to seeing you again sometime.

See more reviews
Reviewed 9 November 2013

Perfect luxurious location out of town, and it was great to have a massage table where I could lie on my belly rather than have to stay sideways. Carla was great and obviously knew what she was doing for a pregnancy massage, so that added an extra level of healing, especially for back pain, rather than just a relaxing massage.

Date of experience: November 2013
Carla I, Owner at Day Spa @ Byron Women's Retreat, responded to this reviewResponded 12 November 2013

Thank you for writing a review for your pregnancy massage. I am glad to hear you enjoyed it and hopefully your back is feeling much better after the treatment. All the best with your pregnancy and of course the birth and beyond.