Day Spa @ Byron Women's Retreat - CLOSED
Review Highlights
"Nourishing, Empowering and Healing to the Mind, Body & Soul"

To anyone considering attending Byron Women's Solo Retreat in NZ, without a second's hesitation, I... read more

Reviewed 28 September 2015
RoslynO14
Melbourne
Carla simply works wonders

Picturesque views from the massage room with stylish facilities was a treat in itself and a... read more

Reviewed 2 July 2015
BronwynMorris
Byron Bay, Australia

See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 30 December 2013

I've literally just left seeing Carla and am floating. This is my first pregnancy and it was amazing to get such a professional massage. Carla understands all about comfort and support in pregnancy and what's more she is a calming lovely person to be around. I cannot wait to return and now know the importance of doing such things for myself more often. Carla explained pregnancy does not have to be painful, and it doesn't! Any worries I had before my massage are gone. Physically and emotionally I feel wonderful. Thank you Carla and see you again.

Date of experience: December 2013
Carla I, Owner at Day Spa @ Byron Women's Retreat, responded to this reviewResponded 5 January 2014

Thank you Katherine for writing such a wonderful review. I love it when that relaxed floaty feeling happens, it's a good testament to a deeply relaxing and healing experience. I'm looking forward to seeing you again in the near future. Best wishes for your pregnancy.

Reviewed 8 December 2013

My 1 hr pregnancy massage with Carla was definitely one of the highlights of my pre-baby hurrah in Byron Bay. It was the best decision I made. Peaceful location. Carla was knowledgeable and welcoming. This is my first pregnancy massage, wasn't sure what to expect. She was thorough, asked if there was anything I'd like her to work on. My pelvis/ hips have been hurting and I find it hard to sleep and get up/out of bed being at Week 30. After the massage I felt as though I've been given a pair of new hips and slept well that night! I'm really grateful. Not only was it relaxing, it was healing. I hope to squeeze in another session in the near future!

Date of experience: December 2013

It's great to hear your body is feeling so much better after your massage. Pregnancy always brings it's challenges and I am happy I could help. Thank you for taking the time to write a review and I look forward to seeing you again sometime.

Reviewed 9 November 2013

Perfect luxurious location out of town, and it was great to have a massage table where I could lie on my belly rather than have to stay sideways. Carla was great and obviously knew what she was doing for a pregnancy massage, so that added an extra level of healing, especially for back pain, rather than just a relaxing massage.

Date of experience: November 2013
Carla I, Owner at Day Spa @ Byron Women's Retreat, responded to this reviewResponded 12 November 2013

Thank you for writing a review for your pregnancy massage. I am glad to hear you enjoyed it and hopefully your back is feeling much better after the treatment. All the best with your pregnancy and of course the birth and beyond.

Reviewed 25 October 2013

I had a blissful 90-minute pregnancy massage 34 weeks into my pregnancy and found Carla to be knowledgeable, professional, well equipped and welcoming. I've had pregnancy massages before, but it is sometimes not a very relaxing experience because I've not been sure how experienced and qualified other therapists have been on the specifics of pregnancy massage. However, Carla was knowledgeable, professional, well equipped and just plain lovely to deal with. Just the opportunity to lie face down thanks to the special pregnancy massage table was magical, but Carla is also a great healer and she effortlessly soothed all my trouble spots and the next day I was pain free for the first time in at least 6 months. Prices are also some of the best I've found in the area. I'm definitely going to try to squeeze in at least one more massage at Byron Women's Retreat before my 9 months is up! Thanks Carla, for a lovely experience!

Date of experience: October 2013
Review collected in partnership with this attraction

i am so happy to hear you enjoyed your pregnancy massage and loved the massage table. Thank you for writing such a positive review. I look forward to seeing you again if you make it back before bringing your baby into the world. If not, all the best and happy birthing :-)

Reviewed 21 October 2013

It's taken me way too long to review Carla - but as a Byron local I've sampled many of the massage therapists in town and it's wonderful to find someone who is good at their job and reasonably priced. She's also a lovely person and that's so important when you put yourself in someone's hands. I'd recommend her to anyone visiting or living here. I hope her business thrives and I'll continue to visit her whenever I can!

Date of experience: June 2013

Thank you for taking the time to write a review, I really appreciate your feedback. I hope to see you at my new Day Spa location @ 440 Bangalow Road, it is only a 10 minute drive from Suffolk Park, with incredible views over Byron. Thank you again for your review and I look forward to seeing you again soon.