“Fantastic Massage & Chat”
Review of Day Spa @ Byron Women's Retreat - CLOSED

Day Spa @ Byron Women's Retreat
More attraction details
Owner description: The Day Spa offers luxurious treatments in a magnificent location overlooking Byron Bay and only 10 minutes from Byron Bay town centre and 5 minutes from Bangalow. Available for men and women, with all treatments given by Carla, who has 19 years experience.
Reviewed 8 March 2013

It was like we were meant to meet.
Carla is very professional and gave me one of the best massages I have ever had.
We had a good chat too!
I would highly recommend her.

Narelle
Brisbane, QLD

2  Thank Narelle S
Carla I, Owner at Day Spa @ Byron Women's Retreat, responded to this reviewResponded 11 March 2013

Sometimes a massage and a chat is just what the Doctor ordered :-)

Reviewed 1 March 2013

Everyone should treat themselves to one of Carla's signature massages. With her great intuitive skills, she doesn't only make contact with your body, but also with your soul and gets straight to the heart of the problem. This is not just a massage, this massage can change your life!

2  Thank marije d

Every "body" is sooo different and I love to intuitively craft a massage to suit each individual. I am happy to hear you enjoyed it. Thanks for writing a review.

Reviewed 27 February 2013

I have chronic pain in my shoulders and neck so I'm always in search of a good massage. Having tried everything from shiatsu to swedish, thai bodywork to tui na, and pretty much everything else in between, few have impressed me as much as Carla's bodywork treatment. My massage with Carla has to be one of the best massages I've ever had. Carla's intuitive ability to assess the body's pain and relieve its stress is amazing. Her technique is both incredibly calming and healing. I anticipated a deep tissue approach to my shoulder and hip pain, but Carla's gentle technique was a pleasant surprise and proved more affective than other massages I've had. I left feeling centered and renewed...and I called the next day to make another appointment! I would be going back regularly if I lived in Byron, and I couldn't recommend her enough. She is wonderful!

Date of experience: January 2013
2  Thank C C

Thank you for writing such an extensive review so others can read all about your previous massage experiences and how massage can be very effective for injuries, aches and pains. I am so grateful to hear when people find the relief they are looking for, with the massage I offer. I wish you all the best on your travels and "the best of health"

Reviewed 14 February 2013

When i came home today after my 1 hour massage from Carla my husband asked how it was. The first thing i said was "I think it was the best massage i have ever had!" (and i have had my fair share of massages over the past 14 years in Byron Bay) It was a very intuitive and calm massage but also revitalising and energising. i was so blissed out afterwards and felt an amazingly deep sense of calm through out every cell in my body. I can see myself going back regularly!

Date of experience: February 2013
Carla I, Owner at Day Spa @ Byron Women's Retreat, responded to this reviewResponded 20 February 2013

Thank you so much for your review. Its always a gamble when you go somewhere new for a massage, as you never know if you are going to get a good one or not! I appreciate you taking the chance and I am very happy to hear you enjoyed your massage. I look forward to seeing you again and thanks again for taking the time to share your experience with others.

See more reviews
Reviewed 3 February 2013

One of the best massages I've had...and I'm one pampered gal!!! My half hour massage was just not enough! Carla's extensive experience is well evident, and her gentleness and warmth has an instantly calming effect. After a stressful morning I left the day spa feeling completely relaxed and ready to tackle the world again. I'll be back!

Date of experience: January 2013
Carla I, Owner at Day Spa @ Byron Women's Retreat, responded to this reviewResponded 5 February 2013

Yes a half hour goes so fast, but it does give you an opportunity to see if you like a massage therapist or not. Thats also why Tripadvisor is so great, because you can read what others have experienced before you spend your time and money! Thanks for writing a review, I'm so glad you loved your massage and I look forward to seeing you again soon.