“Excellent massage, highly recommend”
Review of Day Spa @ Byron Women's Retreat - CLOSED

Day Spa @ Byron Women's Retreat
More attraction details
Owner description: The Day Spa offers luxurious treatments in a magnificent location overlooking Byron Bay and only 10 minutes from Byron Bay town centre and 5 minutes from Bangalow. Available for men and women, with all treatments given by Carla, who has 19 years experience.
Reviewed 14 February 2013

When i came home today after my 1 hour massage from Carla my husband asked how it was. The first thing i said was "I think it was the best massage i have ever had!" (and i have had my fair share of massages over the past 14 years in Byron Bay) It was a very intuitive and calm massage but also revitalising and energising. i was so blissed out afterwards and felt an amazingly deep sense of calm through out every cell in my body. I can see myself going back regularly!

Date of experience: February 2013
Carla I, Owner at Day Spa @ Byron Women's Retreat, responded to this reviewResponded 20 February 2013

Thank you so much for your review. Its always a gamble when you go somewhere new for a massage, as you never know if you are going to get a good one or not! I appreciate you taking the chance and I am very happy to hear you enjoyed your massage. I look forward to seeing you again and thanks again for taking the time to share your experience with others.

Reviewed 3 February 2013

One of the best massages I've had...and I'm one pampered gal!!! My half hour massage was just not enough! Carla's extensive experience is well evident, and her gentleness and warmth has an instantly calming effect. After a stressful morning I left the day spa feeling completely relaxed and ready to tackle the world again. I'll be back!

Date of experience: January 2013
Carla I, Owner at Day Spa @ Byron Women's Retreat, responded to this reviewResponded 5 February 2013

Yes a half hour goes so fast, but it does give you an opportunity to see if you like a massage therapist or not. Thats also why Tripadvisor is so great, because you can read what others have experienced before you spend your time and money! Thanks for writing a review, I'm so glad you loved your massage and I look forward to seeing you again soon.

Reviewed 29 January 2013

My sister and I are currently staying at Byron Women's Retreat and I know it'll be a sad day when we have to pack our bags and go home. My mind is already plotting and planning when my next visit will be and how soon I can return to this cozy place just a hop and a skip away from the beach. Carla is incredibly welcoming and made us feel at home immediately.
This is my second time in Byron Bay and if you're coming for the first time, you'll quickly notice how everyone here advertises themselves as healers and/or massage therapists. I've looked around a bit and I can say with absolute confidence that Carla is truly special. She has an amazing ability to read the body and listen to how it feels and what it needs. I have chronic back and knee pain from old injuries and she was able to pick up on these weak areas and help relieve much of the tension that has built up over time. After each session, I feel so relaxed and at peace in my body--something that doesn't come all that easy for me. I keep thinking I must have reaped some seriously good karma to have crossed paths with Carla and her retreat center. I really can't recommend her enough :-)

Date of experience: January 2013
Carla I, Owner at Day Spa @ Byron Women's Retreat, responded to this reviewResponded 11 February 2013

It has been an absolute pleasure to work with you over the month and to see how well your body has responded and how quickly your chronic injuries have healed in this short time! Byron Bay is a long way from San Francisco, but I do hope to see you again one day very soon. Thanks for staying at the Byron Women's Retreat, I will miss you, safe travels home :)

Reviewed 28 January 2013

Carla is extremely welcoming and her experience shows. It felt like her intuitive approach addressed my tension at a deep level, leaving me feeling relaxed and peaceful afterwards. Blissful! Go on, you deserve it too

Date of experience: January 2013
Carla I, Owner at Day Spa @ Byron Women's Retreat, responded to this reviewResponded 29 January 2013

Thank you so much for taking the time to tell others about your experience. I am happy to hear you enjoyed your massage and felt a positive result. I always enjoy seeing clients return year after year for massages and I look forward to seeing you when you visit Byron Bay again.

See more reviews
Reviewed 26 January 2013

Loved facial. Carla has magic hands and she left my 60 year old face glowing and I did fall asleep. As always the massage relieved my tight muscles and I would certainly recommend the 'pure bliss package' to anyone visiting Byron Bay.

Date of experience: January 2013
Carla I, Owner at Day Spa @ Byron Women's Retreat, responded to this reviewResponded 28 January 2013

Thank you for taking the time to write a wonderful review. The "Pure Bliss Package" is crafted with pure relaxation in mind, while treating your skin with organic skincare products and massaging any tension from your body... to fall asleep during this 90 minute pamper package is the perfect result. Thank you for choosing and enjoying the "Pure Bliss" pamper package and I look forward to sharing more treats with you in the near future.