“Nice quite apartment in a busy area of Malta”

Review of Cloisters Walk

Gated entrance at Cloisters Walk The open plan living/ dining with terraces
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Enquiry
Very good
Gated entrance at Cloisters Walk
The open plan living/ dining with terraces
The open plan living/ dining with equipped kitchen
Double bedroom with en suite bathroom
En suite bathroom
Bathroom with washing machine
Twin bedroom with 2 single beds and terrace
One of the terraces ( photo taken in December ). The other terrace has a table, 4 chairs
Garden views
St. Julian's Bay
Sailing boat anchored in St. Julian's
Typical Maltese fishing ' Luzzu' at sunset
Sunrise in St. Julian's
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Spanish first
Any
John_Trud...
Melbourne, Australia
“Nice quite apartment in a busy area of Malta”
Reviewed 24 October 2012 for a stay in October 2012
people found this review helpful

We stayed one week at Cloister's Walk and the apartment met our requirements. It is within a short walk to the centre of St Julans and all that offers.
Good airconditioning and appliances - but no microwave oven for those quick snacks.
This is a modern apartment which will more than meet a couples needs. Street parking is a problem in this busy area so try and book one of the onsite car parks.

Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: Modern apartment in a quiet street location
Liked least: Creaky stairs to the bedroom
Friends getaway Older travelers
Families with young children
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
  • Was your security deposit returned on time?
28 Nov 2012
Thank you very much for your review. It is correct - Parking in sought after areas like Sliema and St. Julian's is not easy especially in the peak season and also because it is unmetered or free.
n1uny
London
“Perfect Location”
Reviewed 12 October 2012 for a stay in August 2012
person found this review helpful

Great place to stay in Malta, Beautiful Moorish Mews type property in a gated walkway.
Nice and quiet, yet only a few minutes walk into the best part of Malta, with some excellent restaurants and shops. You need to be fairly fit though, as the apartment is about 150 meters up a fairly steep hill, We are in our 60's and it was no great hardship for us. In fact we enjoyed the walk after eating far too much in the restaurants.
The apartment was superb, just as described, being in a quaint old building and refurbished to a very modern standard.
The owners daughter was waiting for us on arrival and could not have been more helpful. To the point that my wife asked if there was a hairdryer, she couldnt find it, so went out a bought a new one for us that morning.
The apartment was spotlessly clean, our only critisim was the that the pillows were very poor quality, but I can live with that, as everything else was great.

Liked best: Fabulous Building
Liked least: Pillows
Friends getaway
22 Nov 2012
Thank you very much for your review.
Drogheda, Ireland

Liked best: Wifi/Air-Con, Clean modern apartment
Liked least: Views - there are none from the 2 terraces
Friends getaway
15 Nov 2012
Thank you for your review and the positive comments. Gavin, we would appreciated being informed during your stay that there was a drainage blockage which unfortunately is not a rarity in summer. The plumber would have simply unblocked the clog in the toilet drains which do get blocked especially if all sorts of things are thrown into it, accumulate and create a blockage.

There are other ways which lead to the apartment to avoid the hill from the Spinola Bay side. It is from the Balluta Bay side or else there is a path which leads from mid way Sir George Borg Olivier Street which leaves just the lesser of the short inclining streets. However, you are correct to say that if you suffer from very low-fitness, any walking impairments...or had one too many ( smile ) the road does look and feel steeper.

We thank you once again and we are glad that we were of service.
Stafford, United Kingdom
Reviewed 28 June 2012 for a stay in June 2012

Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: The style of the apartment
Liked least: Pillows could be regularly replaced. Bathroom drains need regular disinfecting.
Travelling group: With Spouse/Partner
Families with young children
18 Sep 2012
Thank you very much for your kind review. It was a pleasure. Graham
ShelleyMi...
Milazzo, Italy
“Not Worth the Money”
Reviewed 6 June 2012 for a stay in May 2012

After being told the apartment we wanted to stay in was not avalable we were offered this larger one for the same price. We didn't need the extra bedroom or bathroom but we thought it was a good deal anyway. The owner/manager seemed really efficient by responding to e-mails promtly etc. He also arranged our taxi from the airport. (19 euro)
We were let in by the taxi driver. The first thing we noticed upon entering was the hot stuffy and rather stale air, although everything did seem clean it wasn't fresh. The place was pretty much as the picures depict apart from on closer inspection it became clear that the furnishings were all a lot cheaper, less elegant and more worn than the photos really show. There are the things you really need but nothing else. No attention to detail such as pictures on the walls, cushions on the sofa etc. And the kitchen was absolutely bare. Not a bottle of water or a sachet of tea and as we had arrived at about 2am this was disapointing.
Downstairs the bed sheets were clean but again, not fresh and did actually have some stains on them. The matress was below average and the pillows were quite possibly the cheapest , most uncomfortable pillows I've ever had the displeasure to put my head on. Sleep did not come easily.
We were only given 2 bath towels and 2 hand towels in total, which for 5 nights and with a toddler in tow was not enough and no change of bedsheets either. When I asked for more the next morning he was quite rude saying that we had the "standard". Although after I pleaded with him he said he'd get me 2 more towels but convinced me that I wouldn't need to change the sheets. And when I realised there was only one loo roll in only one of the bathrooms I understood that ths guy was all about the money. Giving as little as possible while cashing in as much as possible.
When his daughter came the next morning to collect the outstanding balance she didn't have any change, so we agreed to owe them 10 euro instead of them owing us 40. She also kindly waved the damage deposit which we had but she insisted she didn't want.

The day of our departure the owner unexpectedly turned up 20 minutes before our taxi was due. He didn't even introduce himself or ask us if we'd had a nice holiday. He just walked in a said " you know you have to clean before you go. You must clean this place!" I was so shocked as the place was clean apart from a few last minute things that needed doing like sweeping the floor and putting some washed cups back into the cupboards. I told him we had already cleaned almost everything but we still had at least 20 minutes before the taxi came and not to worry. Then he asked for the 10 euros. I asked my husband if he had it and he said he didn't, I then checked my purse and to my surprise I realised I didn't either. It had slipped my mind to make sure we had it. After all it was just 10 euros! I said "Sorry, we don't have it but I can run down to the bank now or we can give it to your taxi driver." His reply was "Oh, come on! You have an outstanding balance and you have to pay it!" I apologised again and asked him what he wanted me to do and he just started ranting. I couldn't get a word in edgeways. He was really upsetting me. Eventually my husband calmed him down by apologising excessively and finally he agreed that we'd give the 10 euro to the driver. Then suddenly he changed his attitude completely and became all nice and friendly telling my husband to stop sweeping because the cleaners would do it and offering to help us with our luggage. It was a really strange and awful experience.
So, no, I do not recommend this place. I now know that you can pay less for more in a hotel complex. A large double room with ensuite,a kitchenette, sea views, access to swimming pool and late night bar/room service, good quality bed and pillows and all the usual hotel services such as daily cleaning, bed linen, towels and unlimited loo roll can be found for pretty much the same price if not less.

Liked best: leaving
Liked least: Trying to sleep in that horrible bed and speaking to the owner
Travelling group: Family with Young Children
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   No.
8 Jun 2012
I am very disappointed with this review and believe it is totally unjustified since it does not represent the standard and service offered. All the reviews of the apartments we own are all favourable but in life there is an exception to everything. What actually triggered off this antagonistic approach was the fact that on the day of departure, I went to the apartment and found the lounge area in a terrible mess. Prior to entering, I greeted Shelley and asked her if all was well and she answered in the affirmative. On entering the apartment I saw lots of crumbs, food and papers all over the floor as well as a toddler jumping barefoot all over the sofas and coffee table. I remarked that the apartment was extremely dirty. Besides this, there was an outstanding balance from the date the couple checked in. On arrival, the couple did not have sufficient funds and had agreed with my daughter to leave the balance due on the dining table together with the keys of the apartment prior to their departure. They were not expecting me to turn up at the apartment and were quite surprised when they found me there. To be fair a property owner has the right to check the condition of the apartment prior to departure. Not seeing the balance due on the dining table, I was compelled to ask for it and both Shelley and her partner Marco said that they do not have any money in their purse. I believe that € 10 is the minimum a travelling couple with child should carry in their purse more so that the couple are from Sicily and utilize the euro as their ordinary currency. In fact, the taxi driver had to take the couple to an ATM on the way to the airport to withdraw the amount due to him also.
To be fair, although I was at first intimidated by the bare chested Marco with his full body tattoos, he was very polite and very apologetic about both the state of the apartment and for not having the money on them.
I confirm that the apartment was thoroughly cleaned one day prior to Shelley’s arrival from Sicily – thus the apartment was just fresh and clean. As regards the spare set of linen, I explained that it is not the norm to provide a spare set of linen for a 5 day stay but did immediately provide additional towels over and above the ones supplied. The reviewers comments are totally inflated to dramatize the situation owing to the unfortunate turn of events on departure. I am attaching a copy of an email dated 30th January 2012 which I received from Shelley.
Hello Mr. Busuttil,

I'm sure you will think I'm quite mad but I'm writing to ask if you have any other apartments to rent instead of property 141317. You see, I agreed to it because it was so kind of you to offer us such a great deal considering the size of the apartment and the fab location. But the thing is, black and white minimalist really is not our style. And the dining room table is at the far end of the room, which would mean carrying everything through the middle of the TV area, which with a messy toddler would not be very practical. The other thing is that the review says it is up a steep hill. This would also make things difficult with the push chair. You probably think I'm being fussy and I am, but its because we never go on holiday and it will be my birthday that week too, and it's all costing rather a lot. On top of all of it I'm trying to convince my partner to move there as I'm so miserable in Sicily. So I hope you can understand that I just want it to be as perfect as possible. I'd really appreciate it then, if you would let me know if there are any other options. We really would be much happier somewhere a little smaller (we only really need 1 bedroom) and preferably a little cosier in design (and of course even cheaper if thats at all possible). As long as it is in the area between (but not including) Valletta and Paceville or even a little inland such as San Gwann or around that area.

So sorry to be such a pain, hope to hear from you again soon, although there's no rush.

Kind regards

Shelley
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing