“Terrible Take Away”

Indian Brothers Restaurant
Ranked #17 of 23 Restaurants in Clontarf
Price range: USD 20 - USD 35
Description: Indianbrothers is family own business started in 2002 we do authentic North Indian food as well our some store set up as a fast food as our customer don’t have to wait . We have large range of menu including seafood , goat ,chicken , vegetarian, all our curriers are gullten free , msg free ,we do have vegan free curry as well pls ask our friendly staff we do lot of in house catering as well outdoor catering at the venue we offer the compete package to our customer
Reviewed 20 November 2017

We ordered takeaway - I requested a dish with no nuts, as a family member has an allergy to nuts. We ordered Saffron Rice, Garlic Naan and Lamb Rogan Josh. I brought it home and opened the curry and there were nuts all through it!

They remade the dish and delivered it to us, however we weren't allowed to touch the food order we had been given (it was almost 9pm at night so we were extremely hungry, weren't even allowed to have a bite of the naan to sustain us) - we waited about an hour from when we placed our first order to when we actually were able to eat the correct food with no nuts.

The curry was very very salty, and was more like a butter chicken dish than a rogan josh.. did not look at all like a rogan josh! The garlic naan did not taste like garlic at all - I actually think they may have made it wrong the second time around.

I appreciated that they replaced the meal, however I really think they should have just gotten it right from the beginning, especially considering there was a specified allergy - nut allergies are dangerous!

Definitely wouldn't recommend this place, plenty of other curry places around with much better tasting dishes.

Date of visit: November 2017
2  Thank Travelling-around-oz

Reviewed 9 October 2017

Living in the area, we decided on take away so chose to check out Indian Brothers. Be careful, the cost can be much more than you expect, once you start adding on all the little things you like. As for the actual food, we were not impressed. The vegetable pakoras were very very dry. We also had the lamb curry. Not a lot of meat, they just put heaps of sauce in the container to fill it up.I noticed them doing the same to other take away orders as well. Not good value.

Date of visit: October 2017
Reviewed 15 May 2017

The food is amazing and they offer great deal bundles at a good price. The service is always great and you get great value for money!

Date of visit: May 2017
Reviewed 12 March 2017 via mobile

Great Indian if you ate in a hurry. The naan breads are beautiful - they ate my favourite. The meals are ok - I always gauge a meal by not only my own liking of the taste but the reaction of my family and friends. But as I mentioned the Naan breads are delicious.

Date of visit: March 2017
Reviewed 16 February 2017 via mobile

We went for takeaway but decided to dine in. Sat outside - great view and comfortable seating.
We had the two course banquet. Food was delicious .. I didn't realize u could get unsweetened butter chicken (now I know I prefer the sweetened)
Naan bread was a touch overdone
Inside the restaurant was nicely decorated.. I thought it looked very pretty and inviting.
Fully licensed with full bar.
Service was good! I will dine there again

Date of visit: February 2017