All reviews toilet amenities room temperature family stay chinese new year batam ferry terminal deluxe room bed was comfortable mineral water mall shophouse feedback dryer
Reviewed 5 January 2016 via mobile

I was here around Sept 2015 and I recommended this hotel to my parents for their good service. Apparently my parents had a bad time here. We booked 2 rooms through Agoda and check in timing was at 2 pm. My parents arrived and was told rooms were not ready. Even though she saw the hotel checked in guest that arrived later than her. At 2.30pm she asked the Front Office Agent and was told her rooms were still not ready. She asked again after half an hour and rooms were still not ready. My parents got frustrated as they were traveling with my Grandmother and my baby nephew. 3.30 pm they released 1 room and told us that we still need to wait for another room. So they crammed everybody into one room. They finally released the other room at 4.30pm. My point is, they should have let my parents know the exact timing rather than letting them wait for more than two hours. At the very least they know the duration and someone in the hotel is doing something. They felt that they were totally ignored by the hotel staff. Im not sure if this is related to the fact that we booked the cheapest rate in Agoda. But oh well, we not coming here again anyway.

Date of stay: January 2016
Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 22 December 2015

The exterior of the hotel looks big and classy, but the reception and corridoors are very run-down. It looks as if we're at some motel. The hotel didn't bother to renovate it. Fortunately, the room itself looks new and not run-down.
Location is very good as it's located right opposite the Nagoya hill mall. Beside the hotel, there's massage places such as The Spa Secret and IndoThai. It's really convenient as it saves some transportation cost, save the hassle of calling for cabs and save yourself from being conned by the drivers.
Overall, it's worth to stay in this hotel if it's just for one night in Batam

• Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 15 December 2015

Dated Hotel with comfy beds.. good location if you wish to shop and eating spree in Nagoya Hill Shopping Centre. Lobby and bathroom need improvement..wifi provided for free. Friendly staff and ever willing to attend to your very needs.

Date of stay: November 2015
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 7 December 2015 via mobile

The only thing good was the location, price and staffs, otherwise, my advise is to spend abit more and stay some where else. Eventho it has been renovated, the place needs a major revamp. The room was fine and quite neat and adequately furnished but the toilet was a major letdown. Tiles were so dirty that i dreaded to go in to do anything. No safebox and no do not disturb sign for the door. So pls be mindfull of your belongings and to put on a latch if ur inside the room. The wifi was so poor even when on the lobby. Nagoya shopping mall is just a road cross away.

Date of stay: December 2015
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank aidahafeiziSG
Reviewed 6 December 2015

Booked an executive room for two nights and just completed the stay. The location was favourable as it was right beside Spa Secret / Indothai, and opposite the Nagoya Hill mall. We tried Kokuo, a new Japanese style reflexology center. Kokuo is at the ground floor of this property. Hotel staff was polite and served us a welcome drink upon arrival.

The executive room is large, around 30-40sqm. However the room is bare and was a mix of old and new - the bed and TV felt new and nice, the rest of the furniture were old. The room safe was missing. The room had a bathtub, however it looked rather dirty. The toilet was not properly cleaned. Reading past comments, the colour of the towels had improved. However, the most annoying part of this stay was the mosquitoes in the room, quite a handful of them. I had to get an electric repellent from the nearby hypermart, to get a good night's sleep. Wifi had disappointing drops every few minutes, not sure if it is because our room was right at one end of the building. The motorbike traffic would be a no-no for light sleepers. I would suggest holidaymakers going to the mall choose other properties around the area instead.

Room tip: The tip is to choose another property
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple