“Sparkling Afternoon Tea - Lovely”
Review of Alfreton Hall

Alfreton Hall
Ranked #16 of 55 Restaurants in Alfreton
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed 7 May 2014 via mobile

We purchased Sparkling Afternoon Tea through Group On (2 for £15) and were so impressed by this offer!

We were seated promptly on arrival, in the very busy tea rooms, a glass of Prosecco was poured straight away followed by our pots of tea & coffee and a selection of afternoon tea treats each! The food was delicious, we couldn't fault it and would highly recommend this for an afternoon out :)

3  Thank MollyAmBod
There are newer reviews for Alfreton Hall

Reviewed 25 April 2014

Having recently had tea at 4* Dakota Hotel I have to say this was better by some distance. Very friendly and helpful staff, comfy chairs, lovely intimate little tea room, and very tasty afternoon tea! Tables looked lovely and quaint, and you get plenty to nibble on (5 sandwiches and scone, 2 cakes and 2 mini pastries). It's fantastic value and all good quality. A tip for tea refills is to have a free hot-water top-up - it was loose leaf so it just keeps going! Yes the ladies' facilities could do with an update but we spent a very pleasant 2 hours here and would definitely go back. Certainly worth going a little out of the way for.

1  Thank MrsWS-2013
Reviewed 10 April 2014

We have been for after tea here a few times and just loved it.
The tables are set beautifully, and the whole tea is a credited to those who do it.
HOWEVER.
Being charged £5 for an extra pot of tea!!! It's only a tea bag and some boiled water. Come on please. ( I don't even take milk or sugar )
Be reasonable.
PLUS.. The toilets are disgusting. The first one I went into had a room open to it full of bricks and building work. The second one .. Had no lock inside. The third wasn't working and been left after somebody had used it. The fourth one was the only one people could use.. And guess what ..No paper.
TO The owners.. You have a great venue and you serve a great tea. But these things need redressing. The place could be shut down on the state of those toilets.
And I've always said ' clean toilets .. ... Clean kitchen so !!!

Reviewed 26 March 2014 via mobile

I booked for an afternoon tea for 2 through groupon with a glass of bubbly. I thought this would be a lovely gift for my mums birthday. The building is beautiful if slightly hard to find, and the tea room is stunning and grand but was let down by paper signs blue tacked to the wall and dirty windows. The toilets are also grand but the fishing touches let it down, toilet roll not on a holder and broken locks on the doors. We were seated by a lovely and polite guy who was very helpful and brought over a glass of bubbly which was lovely. All the staff were very helpful and attentive, they were the only reason why I would go back. As I work in the same industry I know the standard people expect for an afternoon tea and this was not up to that, my sandwiches weren't even half full of filling and we had no idea what was supposed to be in one as it only had a lettuce leaf in it, the scone was hard and did not taste fresh. They do offer a take your left overs away but only on a paper plate and wrapped in cling film. The small details wasn't in keeping with the grand house at all. Over all disappointed but amazing staff!

3  Thank Vickie C
Reviewed 26 March 2014 via mobile

We visited Alfreton Hall using a Groupon deal for an Afternoon Tea.
We were shown to a table straight away in a beautifully decorated room and were immediately presented with a stunning selection of sandwiches and cakes each. There was more than enough for the both of us and we noticed some guests parcelling up some items to take home with them.
The staff were attentive without being overbearing and the young man who served us was very endearing.
We had a lovely afternoon and would definitely visit again. Excellent value for money.