“great coffee and breakfasts”
Review of Love Lily

Love Lily
Ranked #5 of 8 Dessert in Sunderland
Reviewed 6 April 2018

lovely view onto seafront great breakfast choice.try the cakes to take home does wonderful celebration cakes

Reviewed 31 March 2018

We went for a walk along Seaburn & Roker sea front and stumbled upon this amazing tea and cake shop in Roker. It is a lovely establishment, very clean and presentable, modern dining chairs, camp chandeliers, very camp cakes and treats and lovely staff. We were so impressed we went back 2 days in a row after a long beach walk. We were able to sit outside as the weather was very sunny. Great coffee served hot. Toilets clean with wide doors so great if you have mobility issues. The only observation the nappy changing facility is in front of the access to the toilet so if a baby minder is changing a babies do-dah it does mean you have to wait to gain access to the lavatory. I would definitely recommend this establishment (you can even buy afternoon tea gift vouchers). Keep up the high standards and campiness. Thank you for the delicious cakes. X

Reviewed 23 March 2018 via mobile

Went here after a few recommendations.
Great view on the sea front, watching the waves. Simple but high quality food, a lot more expensive than I was thinking. Service was cheerful.
A little walk from 50 pence an hour parking.

Reviewed 22 March 2018

We were excited to try love lily after hearing a few recommendations. The place inside is very well decorated, and it looks really nice. It also has a nice atmosphere - despite being very small. It's a shame they don't do a drinks menu - when we asked the waitress just said we can pretty much make anything - but a menu would be very helpful! I felt this was a very basic thing which was missing. The cakes were okay, but tbh they were VERY sweet - and had too much icing/cream - I absolutely LOVE cake and sweet things - but these made me feel a bit sick. Personally, I think it looks a lot better than it actually is. After we visited I had posted a photo to my Instagram - which Love Lily then stole and used as their own photo - this also made me question how good they run as an actual business? Surely, giving credit to their customers would make them more likely to return. Overall, it does have a nice atmosphere, and if you like really sweet cake then I would recommend, but personally we are unlikely to return.

Reviewed 17 March 2018 via mobile

Visted love lily today, this was a recommendation from a friend.

Where do i start ordered two hot chocolates these were luke warm there was no part of "hot" to it! Emphasis on the hot hence why we had to force it down within minutes of receiving it.

Ordered two eggs benedict these were also luke warm we both had to eat them as quickly as possible. Leaving us both feeling sick from rushing our meal.

We then complained to the waitress about this and was given no apology just a strug of the shoulder.

Safe to say i will not be returning to love lily!