“Great hotel, great food!”

Best Western ToRVEhallerne
Ranked #5 of 14 Hotels in Vejle
Reviewed 7 June 2011

The rooms are nice and comfy, though quite standard..

The restaurant in this place is amazing! The best hotel food I've had.. Highly recommendable!

• Stayed: November 2010, travelled on business

Reviewed 15 February 2011

OK hotel that has all that is required, and the location is very central indeed in lovely Vejle. My room was located at ground level facing the square and I was woken up very early by renovation cars that collect garbage right outside the window it seemed. The room was a little worn down but everything was functioning nevertheless. The place seems to host big conferences and business meetings which gives it a rather impersonal atmosphere. Hotel restaurant and bar is fine.

• Stayed: January 2011, travelled on business
Reviewed 7 October 2010

One of the more expensive and better known hotels of Vejle. Rooms can be big or small depending on your luck. Breakfast was included in my rate and it was acceptable. Staff were friendly and the hotel has free internet with a great speed. They do charge an additional 4.5% environment fee that was compulsory (but not mentioned at the time of my reservation). Also, if you use an international credit card you end up paying 4.5% additional for the service fees which is very high I think. Its a bit of an inconvenience to travellers.

• Stayed: September 2010, travelled on business
Reviewed 29 August 2010

I stayed two nights in this Best Western hotel while my son and I visited Legoland.

The first night, I was having my period and, unfortunately, I left a stain on their sheets. The next morning, I went to housekeeping to ask if there was something I could have to remove the stain. They told me not to worry about it, "it happens all the time".

When I checked out, to my complete surprise, the reception clerk told me I had to pay a fine of DKK800 for damaging company property. I agree that the situation needed to be rectified, but I tried in good faith to find a solution and was told by hotel staff not to do anything. I naively paid the money and filed a complaint as instructed.

When I asked for the manager's name, the reception clerk refused to give me her full name, and also refused to give me a copy of their policy regarding the fine or a receipt to show the charge from the cleaner.

She began to speak louder and louder when I questionned the charge so that the entire lobby could hear her talking about the damage in legal terms that made it sound as if I had done something criminal.

Best Western claims they tried to contact me before they sent it to the cleaners, but I wasn't contactable. This is simply not true - I have no record of either a phone call or an email from them, although I was required to give this info to register.

They sent the sheets to the cleaners without consulting me, or getting my approval and spent an outrageous amount of money to fix a problem that could have been handled far less expensively.

As I have never been allowed to see the policy they're applying, nor the amount of the charge to the hotel, I am not satisfied with their response to my complaint.

They did not address the fact that I was told it was OK, nor that I did not approve the charge made. They will not refund my money and have told me their complaint file is closed.

I can't trust Best Western hotels anymore, a great disappointment to me after being a loyal customer most of my life. I think other travellers need to know.

• Stayed: August 2010
2  Thank Firehead_CJ
Reviewed 15 August 2010

This hotel has a new and old part. We stayed in the new part. It was very surprising that there was no aircondition or ventilation at all in our room. Therefor we had to have the windows open, letting in the outside noise. That means we had automatic wakeup at 7 am, when the chuchbell started to chime (they cime every half hour betweeen 7am and 11pm.
The rooms were simple, but clean. Bathroom still new and shining, and generally ok. The beds, however, were terrible. The mattress felt like jello, no real support, and were not "in water" - meaning that after a night sleep I almost fell off.
We chose this hotel bacause it's near Legoland, just a half hour drive away. It has it's own parking place in the cellar, wich is locked between 11pm and 6 am. We arrived late, and found the receptionist to be friendly and willing to come and open the parkingplace for us.
All in all: This is a "good enough" hotel to stay a day or two, but I would hesitate to come back. I could recommend it, but only for a short stay for people who want to visit Legoland or other attractions in the surroundings.

Stayed: July 2010, travelled with family
Travellers also viewed these Vejle hotels
10.2 km away
Hotel CABINN, Vejle
#9 of 14 in Vejle
6 km away
Sinatur Hotel Haraldskaer

Been to Best Western ToRVEhallerne? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Best Western ToRVEhallerne

Address: Fiskergade 2/8, Vejle 7100, Denmark (Formerly BEST WESTERN Torvehallerne)
Region: Denmark > Jutland > South Jutland > Vejle
Bar / Lounge Business Centre with Internet Access Free Breakfast Free High Speed Internet ( WiFi ) Pets Allowed ( Dog / Pet Friendly ) Restaurant Room Service Suites Wheelchair access
#4 Luxury Hotel in Vejle
Price Range: $154 - $242 (Based on Average Rates for a Standard Room)
Hotel Class:4 star — Best Western ToRVEhallerne 4*
Our beautiful 4-star hotel is located in the centre of Vejle, near the sea. Close to nature, Legoland and the station. The hotel offers modern rooms, conference facilities, restaurant, café, bar, lounge and free wireless internet. ... more   less
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Evoline ltd, lastminute.com.au, Expedia APAC, Wotif.com, Hotels.com, getaroom.com, HotelQuickly, Hooroo Pty Ltd, TripOnline SA and Cancelon so you can book your Best Western ToRVEhallerne reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Best Western Vejle