See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 4 July 2018 via mobile

A hot and noisy hotel that is over a bar. Sorry we booked this place. Too close to the busy street. No air conditioning and poor air circulation. No place to sit in the room. Little place to put your luggage.

Stayed: July 2018, travelled with family
Reviewed 2 May 2017 via mobile

We stayed for one night while in the Loire Valley. There was a cute note left for us on the door welcoming us. In the morning Pascal was very welcoming and friendly. Turns out he has been to the small town in NZ that we are from. He made great recommendations on Chateau to visit.

Stayed: April 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 8 September 2016 via mobile

Accomodating staff; we arrived late chef stayed on and prepared meal for us. The room was a great size family of 5. Clean and all facilities in place. Free on site parking and a typical French bar busy all day dawn to dusk with locals eating and drinking. I definitely go back. Well done

Stayed: August 2016, travelled with family
Reviewed 25 October 2014

I stayed here for one night as I was doing the Loire a velo. This hotel was a good option just outside of Tours as I couldn't afford to stay in the city. The staff stayed open late to welcome me and the room was clean and comfortable, if a bit old feeling. Saint Avertin is very small and quiet town. Even on a Friday night I could only find one open restaurant. The staff were kind enough to give me a spot in their garage to put my bike.

• Stayed: October 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank jason_lachappelle
Reviewed 17 September 2014

I stayed here with my husband and kids on a stopover from Germany to Spain, and we were quite disappointed. I chose this hotel based on the ratings it had received on Booking.com, which said it was a comfortable, clean budget hotel. This not the experience we had. The rooms were small and had a run-down feeling, the bathroom was tiny, and worst of all, the rooms were not at all clean. There was a thick layer of dust on the furniture, the floor was gritty, and the bathrooms were dirty. In fact, my three daughters requested a room change because they found hairs in the washbasin, and the toilet had skid-marks. When they showed this to the manager, he didn't seem to think it was a big deal and asked them if they really wanted to change rooms. They insisted and were given another room, which was slightly, but not much, cleaner than the first one. Besides that, the mattress in my room sagged in the middle, which made for a very bad night's sleep. I've stayed in many budget hotels in France, which are usually very basic, but clean and functional, and reasonably comfortable, and I expected Le Faisan to be similar, but it really didn't live up to my meager expectations at all.

Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family