Lowest prices for your stay
Hotels.com
Expedia.comUSD 257
eDreamsUSD 257
PricelineUSD 257
1,011 results
All reviews his team attention to detail the owner sri lanka our honeymoon nothing is too much trouble cake every meal infinity pool boutique hotel mobile phone sunken bath pool table anywhere in the world prawns curries treated like royalty
Selected filters
Reviewed 1 December 2020 via mobile

We spend our Haney moon at bucking ham place. They let us to take our wedding photos with their locations and after wedding they provide us special room decorated with flowers. Room and bathroom very huge and view was amazing. No word to explain their excellent service. Thank you M’r kalpa and Dilanka. We will comeback soon..

Date of stay: November 2020
1  Thank 58dhanushkam
Buckingham Place, Owner at Buckingham Place, responded to this reviewResponded 7 December 2020

Thank you very much… and congratulations

Thank you for your helpful review, it is very much appreciated by us all. I’m delighted to know, that yet another happy couple have chosen Buckingham Place to step into the world together, and will have beautiful memories and a memento to cherish for all the years to come. I hear the photos were fabulous and the team enjoyed hosting you, I only wish I’d been in residence myself!

I send greetings from England and congratulations on behalf of us all. I wish you both, a wonderful and blissfully happy life together.

Reviewed 28 September 2020

No words to describe how charming, cosy and wonderful this place is. The location, the empty but beautiful beach, the pool, the rooms, the service and everything else is just superb. Stumbled upon it by accident but already earmarked as a place to visit again and again.
We have been to many hotels both in Sri Lanka and abroad ranging from boutique to luxury, and can easily say that this is right at the top.
Great work Nick and team. Keep it up and it was a pleasure to meet you in person too.

Date of stay: September 2020
Buckingham Place, Owner at Buckingham Place, responded to this reviewResponded 2 October 2020

A wonderful, gem of a review!

I’ve always considered it a privilege to host Sri Lankans in their own country. Seeing them relax and feel at home with us, is a good barometer of how well we do our jobs and motivates me to keep on keeping on! Sri Lankans have many great hotels to choose from - all over the island. Your limitless opportunities to sample island hospitality, means that when I read here as I do today, such wonderful praise, I’m overwhelmed and tremendously thankful.

The paramount joy of hotelier as I see it, is to meet and where appropriate, socialize with interesting folk from all over the world. I regret our meeting was too brief, however, when you return, please feel free to seek me out as rarely am I far away. I’m thrilled that you enjoyed your stay and our hotel stands above others in your view. I’m overjoyed with your fabulous review and thank you sincerely for taking time to support us.

I look forward to meeting you again, in the meantime I wish you all a blissfully happy and healthy life.

Reviewed 12 September 2020

Superb hotel. My husband and I have been always looking for that one hotel which is a home away from home, which we can reach easily and have a tranquil and relaxing stay of 2-3 nights. When we visited Buckingham place last weekend for a 2 night getaway, we realized we hit the jackpot :) it's such a wonderful hotel, located in between a lagoon and the sea, their suits are just so artfully decorated with comfortable bedding, seating and large living spaces. View of the lagoon from our suite was breathtaking. Open shower area and the large bathtub was just what we needed to rest and relax. Each room or chalet has great privacy and its own balcony or varenda with a breathtaking view. Hotel has a wonderful infinity pool which over looks the sea. Although the sea was quite rough, beach was so clean and unpolluted and we could enjoy a relaxing walk. Food was served as a set menu but the quality and taste was one of the best we have ever enjoyed in any of the hotels. Each meal was freshly prepared to tantalise the taste buds and presented very artfully. Hotel also has a lovely library area and a pool table and a variety of other board games, so you will have plenty to keep you even more entertained. Among all this, what really really made this place so appealing to us was the service of the staff. The GM Mr Kalpa and his staff just delivered an excellent service right from the start. Their continuous friendly and attentive service was excellent. Our special thank you to the owner of this property Mr Nick (for setting up such a wonderful property), the GM Mr Kalpa, Umesh, Aruna and each and every staff member at Buckingham place who served us someway or the other during our stay. We loved everything about our stay and are definitely going to visit again and again. Thank you to all at Buckingham place and all the best.

Date of stay: September 2020
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Buckingham Place, Owner at Buckingham Place, responded to this reviewResponded 17 September 2020

Over the moon…

Truly, I am over the moon reading your review this morning – thank you! I’m thrilled to know you found a long wished for ‘home away from home’ while enjoying the hospitality of my team. Not for a long while has a reviewer flattered us or reassured me quite so eloquently, that we remain on track even 10 years on.

These uncertain times are not only worrisome but distracting too, that you make time to show your appreciation and commend my team so highly, says much about you also. Your recognition of individuals will light up their faces I’m sure, and provide some hope too, that the life we once enjoyed will return before long.

As you know, I’m convalescing post surgery and it’ll be a while yet before I’m back on my feet properly. Today however, is my first day back at my laptop and I could not have wished for a nicer welcome back!

Thank you for your beautiful and hugely motivating review. I shall look forward to welcoming you when you return, and wish you a safe, healthy and blissfully happy life in the meantime.

Reviewed 26 June 2020 via mobile

Have travelled all over the world and stayed in many 5 star hotels, but nothing compares to the wonderful personal service I received while staying in this special hotel.

Nick the owner is on hand at all times to make sure all your needs are catered for so you can just lay back and relax in the sun by the pool and be waited on hand and foot. Nothing is too much trouble.

The food is amazing, one night I had the seafood platter, it was the best I have eaten anywhere in the world and I can tell you I’ve had a few in my time!!

Sallie Jaye

Enjoy your stay !!

Date of stay: December 2019
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Buckingham P, Owner at Buckingham Place, responded to this reviewResponded 29 June 2020

Very special guests…

Thank you so much, your fabulous review made us smile this morning! I’m delighted we got it right for you both, and that we still compare favorably, your flattering compliments for our service and seafood (and me too!) are as humbling as they are a real thrill to read.

As we prepare to welcome guests back, and get all our safety protocols in place, your kind words are most welcome indeed. Better timing I cannot imagine, I hope before long we’ll be seeing you again. And don’t worry, whilst safety over forthcoming will prevail, distance-socializing will be as normal as ever, we’ve made it our business to avoid taking over guests’ space!

Until we meet again stay safe. Enjoy your 'extra at home time' as we try to. Before we know it, we’ll be all be complaining again that life is too fast, and wondering how on earth to cram everything in!

Thank you again for coming here, and for supporting us so generously on Trip Advisor…

Warm Regards and… great big hugs!

Reviewed 3 April 2020

Just returned from a blissful 2 week repeat visit to Buckingham Place - having first stumbled upon this paradise gem during a touring visit to Sri Lanka last year. What we found on our original stay was no fluke, Nick and his well trained team provide first class, honest service of the very highest standard in a classy, contemporary and completely authentic way.
Absolutely nothing seemed beyond the team to make our stay completely perfect - an immediate “no questions asked” swap for my chosen dinner when I found it contained cheese (thanks for sacrificing your delicious fish and chips Nick!) to a local remedy for a nasty insect bite picked up on safari.
It would be unfair to single out particular members of the team because in a modest size establishment the service standards rely on every single one of them playing their part - including the ever present & friendly grounds staff, security team including Bella the dog, waiting staff, accounts team (aka AC control manager in the games room!) driver, housekeeping and bar staff as well as “da management innit” Nick, Kalpa & Umesh (who was surprisingly well tempered on the phone at 5am in the morning when faced with a question about our early morning safari trip! )
Having weathered the storm of Sri Lanka in 2019 we are confident you will emerge from the viral storm of 2020 and come back ever stronger - we certainly can’t wait for another dose of pure relaxation and sublime peace as soon as there are planes to bring us back.

Date of stay: March 2020
1  Thank Tanddeb
Buckingham P, Owner at Buckingham Place, responded to this reviewResponded 4 April 2020

Perfect antidote…

Whether today with your eloquent review or in person, you two are the perfect antidote to these less than perfect times. Heaped thanks for making us all smile!!
T
While with us, the story of the year was unfolding, even your flight home was uncertain. Nevertheless, you remained stoic and optimistic, and determined to enjoy yourselves up to the end of your holiday. In doing so you lifted the spirits of all others around you including myself - thank you again. Today, as we wrack our brains and live by our wits you lift us again, and motivate each one of us to be here to greet you when planes fly again!

As I did when you first came to stay, I wholeheartedly enjoyed your company, despite being somewhat distracted on this occasion. That you still believe in us, and view our position on Trip Advisor as justifiable means a great deal to me on behalf of the team. This forum is by no means the be-all and end-all of tourism, but it is barometer and a meanful one. We are all proud that we made it to No.1 (for nearly 9 years!) and aim to make it again should we slip in the interim.

You are utterly delightful guests and great fun to host – it was indeed privilege to forgo my fish and chips for you. Thank you for coming to see us again and for your valuable good custom, but above all, thank you for uplifting our spirits.

I wish you the patience of saints, perfect good health and an early return to Buckingham Place!

Great Big Hugs