“Superb Impromptu Lunch”

The Brickmakers
Ranked #1 of 16 Restaurants in Windlesham
Cuisines: British
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Surrounded by woodland on the edge of Windlesham near Sunningdale Golf Course, The Brickmakers is a fine example of a traditional pub restaurant, with a large garden and ample parking. The welcoming bar area has a roaring log fire and a snug with comfy sofas, and offers a range of home-cooked light lunches, evening bar meals and local ales. The Brickmakers restaurant is housed in a bright and airy conservatory: warm and cosy in winter, and cool and colourful in summer. The restaurant has an extensive British a la carte menu, with traditional classics such as Cumberland sausage and mash with crispy fried onions, and carved roasted gammon with free range fried hen eggs and chunky chips.
Reviewed 6 April 2018

We were very fortunate to be able to be able to get table for 3 with a last minute booking on a busy Easter Monday. There is a more casual pub orientated area too but the main eating area is bright and nicely decorated in a contemporary style, it is heavily populated with tables and chairs and there was quite a volume of chatter in the air so, although good for my lunch with the folks, I'm not sure I would want the same experience for a romantic or evening meal - I may need to test that out as the evening experience may be very different. This is also not somewhere I would suggest you take young children, all the more reason for me to want to return.
The menu appeared to be a daily menu and offered a wide, but not ridiculous, range of choices, Personally I would have liked to have seen more than one vegetarian main course listed ( there were smaller/starter options) but that can be my only negative as lack of any choice is a regular complaint I have at pubs/restaurant so I'll get that out of the way now, luckily the main available on that day was something I really wanted to try, such a relief to not to have to eat yet another unimaginative vegetarian risotto or pasta dish again! The wine list offers a range of prices and origins with quite a few available by the glass and water is provided to every table without request. We didn't have starters on this occasion, each main dish was both well presented and cooked, we all agreed our individual meals were absolutely delicious, not to mention the enormous portions which unfortunately meant I'm unable to comment on the desert menu at this time.
Every member of staff was polite, cheerful, very professional and unobtrusively attentive. Despite the fact all the tables were occupied and it was clearly a busy time, there was no long wait for service, drinks, meals, clearing or the bill. Equally there was no pressure to vacate.
This was, without a doubt, the best meal out I or even we, have had for quite some time, unfortunately living 25 miles away The Brickmakers will never be my local but I will definitely be back and my parents are already keen to return, the garden area looked like it will be lovely in summer so I don't think it will be long before a return visit .....after I've checked what the daily vegetarian main dish is of course, although I may go straight in for desert!

Reviewed 4 April 2018 via mobile

Visited here last Sunday with family. The location is lovely (you have to drive), and the garden would be great on sunny day.

We booked a table (compulsory because it is very popular), in the side section which was a bit quieter than the main pub. For starters my friend and I had black pudding and haggis with malt whiskey sauce. 2 other members of our party shared the bacon roly poly. I tried a bit, and it was delicious. In fact both starters were highlights (pictures shown are half of each portion - a whole size would have been too much)

2 members of our party had the roast lamb for main, and the other 2 (myself included in that) had the ribeye steak anf chips. It had a great charred taste, accompanied with duck fat chips, garlic mushrooms, tomato and peppercorn sauce.

Along with a bottle of wine to share, and coffees at the end, it ended up being an excellent meal. Service was also super friendly. Recommend

Reviewed 3 April 2018

Had another great night at the Brickmakers for my daughters boyfriends 30th Birthday.We had booked the side room as there was 19 adults in the party. The whole evening was a great success there food all came out at the right times every meal was beautifully cooked no wrong orders, very hard thing to do so top marks to all the staff, drinks orders was always being taken nobody went without, overall a great evening.

1  Thank Kieran B
Reviewed 31 March 2018 via mobile

Had a family meal of 14 here and had a wonderful time. The menu offered a wide selection and even the most fussy eater was able to pick something. I don’t remember anyone complaining about their meals, it was enjoyed by all.
Presentation was impeccable, service was brilliant and definitely will be back again in the summer as the outdoor space looked lovely.

Reviewed 29 March 2018

The Brickmakers is a fabulous choice for Sunday lunch and food in general.The younger staff provide excellent service and are friendly and attentive. The pub is always busy and requires bookings well in advance. There is one downside that is off putting despite all these good points and that is the arrogant air of the management. On many visits it appears they feel you should thank them for dining in the establishment rather than them providing friendly basic customer service, especially for repeat and regular business.

1  Thank mrjames2016