Contact accommodation for availability.
There are similar hotels available.
All reviews mekong house nong khai his wife rubber plantation home village thai restaurant jeremy holiday hosts trips tuition life boys bank jit locals guesthouse
Selected filters
Reviewed 18 October 2016

Stayed for a weekend with Jeremy and Waree over the Naga fireball festival weekend and had a great time. Jeremy always responded to emails pretty instantaneously meaning I was confident he was going to be there to collect us from the bus station etc. I stayed with my six year old daughter who loved playing with the host's three sons. The room was big, light and airy and well-equipped with everything you need (conditioner cotton buds, hairdryer etc) we stayed all inc and got cereal and typical western style breakfast as well as fruit and coffee etc. Dinners were of a typical Thai style and delicious, eaten with the family. We would definitely visit again.

Date of stay: October 2016
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
Jeremy H, Owner at Thailand Painting Holidays, responded to this reviewResponded 18 October 2016

Hi Colette we really enjoyed having Charlie and yourself staying with us. It's a pity that the mourning period for the king meant there was no music in the festival but we had a good time anyway. I shall remember our dinner on the banks of the Mekong waiting for the oohs and ahhs for the fireballs.
I hope you are enjoying your stay in Vientiane.
Jeremy

Reviewed 9 February 2016

I spent three weeks here as artist in residence. It was great to just get up in the morning, and after having breakfast on the beautiful terrace, to immediately start painting. Situated right on the Mekong River and opposite a Laos Wat there were plenty of subjects to choose from. By 9:30 the day had warmed up and being able to paint from the shaded terrace was a huge plus. The township of Phon Phisai was a pleasant 15 minute walk along the bank of the Mekong River. The town with markets, friendly locals and 'took tooks' racing everywhere offered even more interesting sujects to sketch or photograph. Mekong House with hosts Jeremy and Waree proved to be a wonderful place for me to work on plenty of plein air painting.

Date of stay: January 2016
  • Trip type: Travelled solo
Jeremy H, Owner at Thailand Painting Holidays, responded to this reviewResponded 10 February 2016

Thanks Helen for a great review. We enjoyed having you stay with us and seeing your work...Jeremy

Reviewed 22 January 2016

I cannot imagine how anyone can improve on this painting holiday!

The whole atmosphere at Jeremy and Waree's boutique Painting Holiday 'home', is so conducive to relaxation and enjoyment that it should be the criteria by which all other holidays should be measured.

Jeremy and Waree have struck the perfect balance between professionalism, luxury, and enjoyment.

An inveterate professional, Jeremy inspired me to try and exceed my potential as a painter. I have the greatest admiration for him as a painter and I cannot overemphasise the amount of his knowledge and talent that he posseses.

He is one of the great unsung of Australian artists.

The best holiday that I have had. With or without the painting, and great value-for money!

Anyone who needs to clarify details can always contact me on my mobile, which is +614046034588.

Thank you Jeremy, Waree, and your beautiful family at Mekong House.

Rohan Tillekeratne, Melbourne, Australia

Room tip: Luxurious without opulence. very comfy.
Date of stay: December 2015
  • Trip type: Travelled solo
Jeremy H, Owner at Thailand Painting Holidays, responded to this reviewResponded 23 January 2016

Gee thanks for a lovely review Rohan. We had a great time together didn't we. Keep painting and send images to me.

Reviewed 19 January 2016

I had the pleasure of staying for a week at Mekong House with Jeremy and his wife Waree over the Christmas period and had a wonderful time. I was impressed right from the beginning with the quick responses and depth of information provided to initial enquires which was very useful being a solo traveller and slightly apprehensive about my first time to Thailand. I needn’t have worried!
The house is located literally right on the Mekong river with a lovely view from the veranda and rooms across to Laos. My room was lovely, very large and serviced every day to a very high standard. The fast speed internet provided for free was a real added bonus. Jeremy and Waree were lovely, generous hosts and nothing was too much trouble for them. They were very warm and welcoming and were great at taking the guests on outings, to local markets and to local restaurants that really gave an experience of traditional Thai life away from the regular tourist areas. The locals were very friendly with lovely smiles and the evening walks along the Mekong River watching the sunset every night were just amazing and so relaxing and peaceful.
Our painting sessions were fun and rewarding with Jeremy being an attentive and extremely knowledgeable teacher and I took away many useful tips and lots of inspiration to keep it up at home. My only regret was that I didn’t stay longer – I will definitely be back hopefully for a longer stay next time!

Date of stay: December 2015
  • Trip type: Travelled solo
Jeremy H, Owner at Thailand Painting Holidays, responded to this reviewResponded 21 January 2016

Thanks for a fantastic review. I am not sure who wrote it but I assume you must be Racheal. We enjoyed your stay with us and along with Ron, Seana and Frances, we had a great Christmas. You have forever changed my view of the giant Buddha in Sala Kaew Ku with the seven Naga Serpents towering over it with fangs drawn and forked tongues:) We hope you will come and stay with us again

Reviewed 14 January 2016

When I was looking for a holiday trip, I looked at adventure tours and wilderness tours,. But nothing seemed to suit, then I thought of what I love to do and painting is at the top of my list. I found the Thailand Painting Holidays website and started to become very excited about going on holidays. From the moment of booking, Jerome was a wonderful host, offering tips and advice on getting there and what to expect and asking what I wanted to see and do. Jerome and Waree met
me at the airport and made me feel very welcome. Nothing was too much trouble, the surroundings and my room were beautiful and Waree cooked fantastic meals, We went to markets, wats, and various beautiful locations such as waterfalls. I had gin and tonic on lots of ice in the late afternoons while painting and thoroughly enjoyed myself. My painting was greatly improved by Jerome's tuition and I took home two paintings
that I love. I couldn't speak more highly of the whole experience.

Date of stay: October 2015
  • Trip type: Travelled solo
Jeremy H, Owner at Thailand Painting Holidays, responded to this reviewResponded 16 January 2016

Hi Susan, thanks for a lovely review, we enjoyed having you stay with us and seeing your work develop in creating some great paintings