“Poor cleanliness, not much value for money”

Maesalong Mountain Home
Reviewed 3 February 2017

The hotel facilites were much smaller than described in their website. It was a kind of home stay, not a resort. Not much value of money if compared to other hotel in the Chiang Ray (49.92 USD/ night). Before I could book with Agoda, I had to call the owner so that he could release the room type on the Agoda, which was very inconvenient as not all the staff there could speak English. The view on the way to the hotel was great, not the view from the hotel. The room A7 that I booked was full of the bad smell from the toilet which was next to the mattress. When I asked the housekeeper to clean the toilet, she did it with a big dry towel and could not drive the smell away! and I wondered the towel could be used for another guest. So I checked out, lost all the money for 3 nights ! The hotel was very isolated, so if I wanted to eat out, I had to hire a car which was not cheap to bring me to the nearest restaurant, which was about 15 minutes drive because walking was not recommended.

• Stayed: February 2017, travelled solo

Reviewed 17 November 2016 via mobile

We stayed for two nights in the basic bungalow accommodation. Spectacular views, very friendly and hospitable hosts and two giant dogs that accompanied us on our walk to the tea fields. Seriously some of the best views and good vibes we've found in Northern Thailand.

Tasty yunnanese menu, the steamed pork leg is a must if you're carnivorous. Everything inside the bungalows was basic but clean and more than acceptable for the price. To find the place, continue all the way through the town on the main road until you see the signs, then follow as directed. The road is a little precarious at times but easy to navigate.

Only issue we had was some loud Thai neighbors on our final night - I know everyone holidays for different reasons but seemed odd to find so much noise in a such a tranquil spot. This had nothing to do with the property though.

Stayed: November 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 4 November 2016 via mobile

View was great, quiet and relaxing. Owner and staff was great. Food was great.you could smell tea in the evening. My car broke down and he was there to help. It wifi be nice to have a high power car for the trip. Driving up is not for those with little experience, google map may bring you on the old road which is terrible, take the new road will surely visit again

Stayed: November 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 2 October 2016 via mobile

My friend and i see this resort as agoda.com and preferred here cuz not many choices to choose.
First arrivaed Arkha girls was greeting us at the carpark then escort to see the room.
After checked in we have lunch there. Restaurant was ver somply but superb. We drive a little up to the hill that can see the local area.
Doi Maesalong is very very nice. Calm and very peaceful.
Room equipment as a normal like TV Hot water. I think that enough. No air con needed in this period.
First wake we opened our window and get a full fresh air. So nice 19'c is so pretty.
I love to go in nature that why i booked Here.
khun Par (sorry i dont know her name) so helpful and has a good tips for us to go around that area.

We will be back. Niniw and Iffan 01/10/2016

Stayed: October 2016, travelled with friends
1  Thank niniws
Reviewed 2 October 2016 via mobile

If you are the person who love learn a real traditional tribe and touch virgin nature, this homestay is highly recommended.

It located in private area, no local people around, no any rests, store or other accoms nearby. Only sound of bird with whisper of wind you may hear.

The room like a cottage with televesion, fan/air, hot water and placing bed.

Please take your expensive mind off and thinking about how many hour you can enjoy a thousand trees around in your whole life !!

Stayed: October 2016, travelled with friends
8 km away
My Place
My Place
#4 of 5 in Mae Fa Luang

Been to Maesalong Mountain Home? Share your experiences!