Maesalong Mountain Home
Baan Ruam Cha Resort(Mae Fa Luang)
USD 24
Orbitz.com
Khum Nai Phol(Mae Fa Luang)
USD 31
Agoda.com
  • Restaurant
TripAdvisor
Kaeo Fa Sai Resort(Mae Fa Luang)
My Place(Mae Fa Luang)
Mae Salong Resort(Mae Fa Luang)
TripAdvisor
Shin Sane Guesthouse(Mae Fa Luang)
All reviewstheir websitetea farmthbhillmotorbikeairtribeowner
Reviewed 2 October 2016 via mobile

My friend and i see this resort as agoda.com and preferred here cuz not many choices to choose.
First arrivaed Arkha girls was greeting us at the carpark then escort to see the room.
After checked in we have lunch there. Restaurant was ver somply but superb. We drive a little up to the hill that can see the local area.
Doi Maesalong is very very nice. Calm and very peaceful.
Room equipment as a normal like TV Hot water. I think that enough. No air con needed in this period.
First wake we opened our window and get a full fresh air. So nice 19'c is so pretty.
I love to go in nature that why i booked Here.
khun Par (sorry i dont know her name) so helpful and has a good tips for us to go around that area.

We will be back. Niniw and Iffan 01/10/2016

Stayed: October 2016, travelled with friends
1  Thank niniws
Reviewed 2 October 2016 via mobile

If you are the person who love learn a real traditional tribe and touch virgin nature, this homestay is highly recommended.

It located in private area, no local people around, no any rests, store or other accoms nearby. Only sound of bird with whisper of wind you may hear.

The room like a cottage with televesion, fan/air, hot water and placing bed.

Please take your expensive mind off and thinking about how many hour you can enjoy a thousand trees around in your whole life !!

Stayed: October 2016, travelled with friends
Reviewed 30 September 2016

I have been visiting this place 6 times over the past 8 years and kept it very positive in mind. Maybe as of his simple and easy way of staying and the way it goes.
At my last visit, 3 weeks ago however, I have seen many changes. Renovation was done as well as a new management (wife) was in charge.
Started with the booking it must be paid in full, beforehand. Breakfast include was offered. First morning however, they charge us. I did not ask, as I think, when offer they should know.
A good menu featuring Thai – Chinese and Western food. Quality of food was very good, however far too expensive. Sautéed chayote leaf for 145 baht, scrambled egg for 195 baht, should not be.
The renovated new rooms where well-made and the bed was comfortable. Pillow did smell moldy. Water boiler yes, tea or coffee no.
The big terrace featured a table and 4 very uncomfortable stools. As well there was everywhere gecko dropping. Villa next to use had very comfortable sun chairs.. and paid less.
Mae Salong has changed over the past years and other hotels did open, maybe that’s the reason you must pay in full, that you cannot change in between.
It is still a beautiful place, and staff is friendly but, the flair is gone and does not match the price you pay anymore.

• Stayed: September 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 15 June 2016 via mobile

ตอนเราเข้ามาครั้งแรกรู้สึกประทับใจ บริการดีมากเหมือนเราเป็นคนหนึ่งในครอบครัว พูดจาไพเราะ ที่นี่เหมือนเป็นธุรกิจครอบครัว ง่ายๆไม่ยุ่งยาก ห้องพักมีให้เลือกหลายรูปแบบ ต่างราคากันไป บรรยากาศบอกเลยว่าไม่ผิดหวังสำหรับคนที่อยากจะสัมผัสกับธรรมชาติจริงๆ อาหารก็อร่อยถูกปาก บอกเลยว่าราคาคุ้มค่าแน่นอน ที่นี่ห้องจะเต็มตลอด ถ้าใครไม่อยากพลาดก็ต้องจองก่อนล่วงหน้าไม่งั้นห้องเต็มค่ะ พอดีเรากับแฟนได้ห้องราคา 950.-ค่ะ คือเหลือสามห้องสุดท้าย ห้องจะตั้งอยู่ในหุบเขา สามารถเห็นไร่ชาและภูเขาเรียงซ้อนกันหลายๆลูก เวลาฝนตกอากาศจะเย็นมากและหลังจากฝนตกจะเห็นไอน้ำลอยออกมาจากพุ่มไม้เป็นสีขาว ลอยล่องเป็นก้อนเมฆ คือโรแมนติกสุดๆสำหรับคนที่มากับคนรัก
When we arrived we felt very welcome from the owners. The service was excellent and always polite a great family business.Have many rooms at different prices for all budgets. My girlfriend and l stayed in the room for 950B a night the room was quite and peaceful with stunning views. The food in the restaurant was excellent always served with a smile. We had a problem with our shower and was repaired immediately.

Stayed: June 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 19 April 2016

I booked a room via facebook message contacting the admin of the guest house's fanpage.
This guesthouse is located on Doi Mae Salong and is a movie filming spot and I didn't doubt why when I got there.
The price was very cheap.
My friend and I stayed there in March.
The place is hidden in mountains. It will take you around 1.30-2 hours to get there by car.
We took a private taxi from Chiangrai Airport and it cost us THB 1,000 per trip.(I booked in advance via LINE app)
The road up to the mountain to the guest house was very wavy and my friend was a bit nauseated during the route up to and down from the guest house. But let's push this point away.
The room at the guest house was clean and provided us a very good view and atmosphere.
Mostly decorated in a "Imperfection is perfect" style, very natural and we felt like we were a part of the nature.
The food price was reasonable and the taste was acceptably good and very fresh (we had vegetarian food so the taste was quite plain, as how vegetarian food should be)
Oh!! just so you know that there is no air-con in the room but I don't think you need that machine if you go out during the day. It was comfortably cool at night and I'm sure it will be freezing cold in winter.
Imagine how fantastic it is if you wake up in the morning finding yourself in a bedroom up high in the mountain looking out the bedroom window and seeing the endless sky and the green mountain. >___<
I wouldn't want to leave that place.
Talking about their service, the manager was really nice, friendly and kind.
Even the bartender was not available at the period I stayed, the manager allowed me to mix the cocktail by myself!
He could give a good advice if you would like to know about travelling in Chiangrai.
Overall experience was very good and if I had a chance, I would definitely go back again, especially if I need a real rest.

Room Tip: You can walk up to the top of Doi Mae Salong in the morning to observe the sunrise view. It's 5 KM from the guesthouse.
  • Stayed: March 2016, travelled with friends