“Excellent food ”

Ranked #1 of 21 Restaurants in Uddingston
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 6 April 2018 via mobile

There were 10 of us for a works lunch . As we had to return to work there was no alcohol so all soft drinks and coffees. It is not the cheapest lunch however you get what you pay for which is amazing food and good service and you will see why it is the number one on trip advisor .
A few of us got the salmon tart for starters and that went down well. My plaice goujons were nice enough however it was mains that got us all talking . Several of us had the Brisket of beef . This was to die for as it was melt in the mouth . Just fab . 2 got the lamb and 1 fish and no complaints. And when there are 10 of you there tends to be some moans. A few got desserts again delicious . Rounded off with various coffees. Fab lunch

Reviewed 3 April 2018

Had dinner here for the first time recently and was very happy with the standard, presentation and quality of the food. My only criticisms are the small portion size of the main course and the table positions right next to the door opening onto the street. The blade of beef was cooked to perfection as were the accompaniment vegetables but I was left hungry for more and i get it the table issue is difficult to resolve due to the layout and shape of the floor space but worth looking at for the comfort of the unfortunate few sat directly near the door. Staff were fantastic (thank you) and service was super quick despite most tables being full. I would happily recommend this place and I will be back, but please beef up the beef portion.

Reviewed 3 April 2018 via mobile

I’m writing this review after the second visit to this restaurant. The reason? For an encore of feathered blade of beef. My mouth is watering just thinking about it.

It was Easter Sunday and we managed to make a late booking. As usual a liqueur aperitif is delivered promptly. We rarely get something for nothing these days so it’s a a nice touch in customer service and appreciated.
I had Beetroot Salad with goats cheese to start, small portion but just enough knowing what was coming. The one who thinks he’s boss ordered tomato soup. His looked a bit paler than I expected but I’m assured it was very tasty.

We both ordered Feathered Blade of Beef having had this before and raved about it to everyone. It is heaven on the tongue. Tender beef just melting under the fork cloaked in a delicious, rich gravy. Creamy mashed potatoes to die for and puréed turnip I think topped with chunky carrot and peas. Finished by a crowning of potato waffly crispy thing.

Utterly delicious. Not to be missed. Hope they never change it.

Cappuccinos were perfect too. Not too expensive but worth it and then some.

Will be returning with Mum.

Reviewed 2 April 2018 via mobile

Haven't been for around a year but returned yesterday for lunch and had a lovely meal. Staff friendly and great value menu with 3 courses for £25. Again an excellent selection and food tasted lovely.

1  Thank Limyaura
Reviewed 26 March 2018 via mobile

First time diner and certainly will be back.
Encouraging selection to choose from on the set lunch menu! ( reasonably priced at £18 for two courses )
Starter of Hot Scottish salmon followed by a main of succulent lamb done French style.
I could not resist the white choc creme brûlée for desert. The best I have tasted.
The interior of wooden blinds and a touch of intimatcy with a small number of covers, together with an efficient waiter service, will stay with me for a while!
I cannot wait for another family celebration to eat in this lovely restaurant.