“Loads of fun!” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of TreeTops

TreeTops
More attraction details
Owner description: The world's longest tree based rollercoaster zip lines swoop, twist and turn through the forest. 1km long Crazy Rider Xtreme is an exhilarating rush as it darts through the forest with 40 slaloms including 360 degree turns. The Pioneer is a softer, 330m long adventure filled with twists and dips and loads of fun. Both zip lines are fully accessible including people who use wheelchairs.
Useful Information: Activities for older children, Baby buggy parking, Stairs / lift, Bathroom facilities, Wheelchair access
“Loads of fun!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 July 2016

I am so glad I saw this on Facebook before I left for Australia. I love roller coasters and a roller coaster in the trees intrigued me. It was a little far out of Sydney, but we were headed to Newcastle anyways and so it wasn't that far out of our way. The staff was very helpful and I was grateful that they had go-pros to rent. The wind in the trees made the experience even more fun as we glided and looped and dipped! I would have enjoyed riding it again with their $15 option, but we were on a time crunch. One staff member even told us where we could go and feed kangaroos nearby. Being from the US this was almost as fun as the Tree Top Crazy Rider!

Visited July 2016
Sarah L, Social Media Manager at TreeTops, responded to this review, 28 July 2016
Hi Pam thanks so much! What a wonderful experience you had on the world's longest rollercoaster zip lines! Yay for Facebook! Thanks for your kind words we have passed them on to the Crazy Rider team. It would of been great for you to take up the repeat ride offer, maybe next time!

Lichfield
22 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 44 helpful votes
“A long way from anywhere but worth the journey”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 July 2016

Quite a unique experience of swinging through the trees. The ride isn't just over in seconds but runs along for a while. Do note there is nothing else here in terms of food and drink.

Visited August 2015
1 Thank Neil61a
Sarah L, Social Media Manager at TreeTops, responded to this review, 26 July 2016
Thanks Neil for your review! We're really pleased you enjoyed the longest rollercoaster zip line in the world! The fact that we are located in a beautiful forest away from major city centres is indeed part of what makes us a truly unique experience. We're also glad you found the rides value for money. Great tip to BYO food as we are unable to provide any in the State Forest. Drinks are available for sale from our office. Hope to see you again soon!
Blue Mountains, Australia
25 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 43 helpful votes
“Treetop crazy fun ”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 July 2016 via mobile

Our family group ranged in age from 24-60 and this activity was loved by all! They loved flying through the trees! Not cheap but a great experience!

1 Thank Colleen W
Sarah L, Social Media Manager at TreeTops, responded to this review, 22 July 2016
Awesome thanks Colleen! Thanks again for your review! We're really pleased you found the Crazy Rider's value for money. They are the only ones in Australia and the longest in the world!
Lake Macquarie, Australia
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Misleading Age information”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 July 2016

My 1 star rating is due to their poor customer service and inability to see that their website is confusing with regards to who can ride. With better customer service and a more flexible attitude I would have rated it a 4 but just can't believe how rude their managers are. Amy poor feedback on their facebook page is hidden in the visitors comments section and you are unable to rate it directly meaning that the only way you will see negative feedback is if you search for it. Seems I'm not the only one who has been unhappy with their customer service or lack of customer service.

Be careful when you book - make a mistake or not fully read their terms and conditions and they will simply refer back to their cancellation policy, website and terms and conditions. Would be so easy to keep people happy by offering them alternatives even if it was at their quiet times but they really don't care once they have your money.

We were waiting in the wrong place to start and a guy in a tree tops car pulled up so we asked him if we were in the right place. We were told "No, you are way off, you need to go back to the park" Then we were told "it won't be open for another 10 minutes because I have to open up". Would have been nice if he'd said "I won't be a minute, you can follow me down" - instead he did his own thing then got in the car and drove off. We ended up following him and when he got out the car he again told us that we would have to wait some time before he would be ready.

It went down hill from there.

A bit of advice!
* Don't go by the recommended age check the small print as its not obvious. Your child might be 9 and still not be able to take part in activity advertised for children ages 7yrs+
* Crazy Rider says to allow 45-75mins (if you do both rides it takes 6.5mins)
* Book early - we were booked into a 1:30pm (for the adventure park - not crazy rider) time slot and we're stuck behind some very slow people along with a boy from the group that went before us that held everything up. This meant I didn't get to complete the entire course and it's tough luck if you run out of time. Nowhere does it mention if you run out of time it's not there issue.

I booked for 4 boys to do the crazy rider at a cost of $500 including 2 adults. I specifically chose this as it states on the website it is suitable for children aged 7yrs up and an activity I thought we could all do together. In small print it says children need to weigh 30kgs.

You would think that a 7yr old and the weight indicated would be representative of what most 7yr olds would weigh. Not the case at all.

My nearly 9yr old didn't weigh enough so there was no chance the other 2 would. So we we paid for 5 people and only 1 adult and the 10yr old could take part. We had 3 very upset boys.

The staff member was rude. I know businesses have cancellation policies just like most businesses do. I also know that if there is an unhappy customer that sometimes you have to make allowances. I told them I would be making this post if they didn't sort something out and they took it as a threat instead of an opportunity to fix the issue. The manager even said "Don't threaten me" when I told him I would let people know about my experience with them.

I'd understand if they were packed out on the day however we were the only ones booked in. I would understand if I had taken someone's place but that wasn't the case at all.

We ended up being allowed to go to the adventure park on the following Thursday however would still have had a $150 credit which I was told they would organise a voucher. They then refused to do this saying that they didn't have to give us anything. So we basically paid $320 for something that should have cost $170.

Overall the boys had a good time once they were able to take part however we had to do this separately not as a family activity as we had planned.

Unfortunately I will never return due to the bad experience I've had and simply want to warn people of the not so clear information so they don't waste money like we have.

Yes, maybe I should have taken more notice however I feel that the information is misleading with regards to the ages.

Customer Service from some staff was great. The managers are big headed and could learn a thing or too by listening to their customers

Would I recommend Tree Tops? Yes I would because the park is great. All I'd say is be very very careful when booking, read the terms and conditions very carefully and don't expect them to be helpful if you need to change anything.

You will notice in all of their comments when someone has given negative feedback they simply refer to their website and terms and conditions.

Poor customer service! Such a shame!

2 Thank Christina J
Sarah L, Social Media Manager at TreeTops, responded to this review, 29 July 2016
Hi Christina, thanks for your interest in TreeTops. Thanks also for your posts on our Facebook page and your business Facebook page. We're sorry to hear you felt the details included on our website, when making a booking and in your booking confirmation email were unclear. The age and weight requirements are also included in the body of the webpage and in our Terms and Conditions which you agreed you had read, by ticking a box when you booked. You stated you should have taken more notice when placing the booking. We have done our best to provide a tree top experience for your children on the day, which you said they enjoyed. We have double checked the presence of Facebook reviews on our page, and found them disabled. We have now turned these on again, we apologise this function was not available to you. You will notice there are 226 5 star reviews, contributing to an overall 4.5 star rating. We do not delete negative reviews or comments from our Facebook or TripAdvisor pages. Should you wish to discuss this further please email social@treetops.com.au
“Great fun but a tad pricey”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 June 2016 via mobile

My two friends and I went this morning and loved the experience. Staff were very friendly and helpful. My go-pro didn't work the first time so they offered me another turn, so much fun! Only down side was the price- we feel the $79 could have included multiple rides or the inclusion of the ropes course.

Visited June 2016
Sarah L, Social Media Manager at TreeTops, responded to this review, 6 July 2016
Thanks for your review, we're really pleased you enjoyed the experience and found the staff friendly and helpful. Sorry to hear your GoPro didn't work properly but glad you got footage (and an extra ride!) in the end. Thanks for your feedback regarding the price point of Crazy Rider. As this is a tour led by two tour guides, we aim to sustain the business financially in order to continue to provide the longest rollercoaster zip lines for many more people well into the future. We hope to see you again, perhaps at the Adventure Park at the same Central Coast location :D