“Fun challenges with average staffing”
Review of TreeTops

TreeTops
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: TreeTop Adventure Park Central Coast aims to maximise the potential for excitement in a natural setting whilst having a minimum impact on the environment. Each park offers a unique combination of adventurous fun for all age groups. This is a magnificent way to hang out in the tree tops come rain or shine! Our other parks at in Western Sydney, Sydney The Hills and Newcastle NSW.
Useful Information: Stairs / lift, Baby buggy parking, Wheelchair access, Bathroom facilities, Activities for older children
Reviewed 9 January 2017 via mobile

Working in customer service of an adventure activity myself, I don't like to criticise without cause. I ask myself... What would I have done if I was the manager?

We were expecting the park to be busy, but after the first course had caught up to the 30 minute session in front of us and joined a long queue. Realising we were going to be a while, I went to speak to the staff about skipping ahead to the next challenge (with no queue). We were told this was not possible, but they would send someone out to ease the queue. This never happened. We got stuck behind a slow moving group for 3 hours and the black course (the most challenging and one we were looking forwards to) had shut for the day by the time we got there. After the second course, I voiced my concerns again, yet no staff members were to be seen around the course.

If I was the manager, I would be sending my staff to assist participants and ensure everyone is safe and comfortable. I would give them tips on how to complete each challenge or offer words of encouragement. I would assess those looking bored or frustrated and action a plan to assist them in passing the not so confident customers.

In hindsight, we should have just skipped the second and moved onto the third ourselves. It's not like the staff would have noticed!

While the activity was fun and in a beautiful location our experience was tarnished by the lack of customer management.

Michelle B, Social Media at TreeTops, responded to this reviewResponded 23 January 2017

Thank you for your review. Sorry to hear your customer service expectations weren't as you expected. Courses do need to be completed in order and no skipping ahead. This is due to the fact that they all go up in difficulty. I will pass your concerns on to the Park Manager. Hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed 9 January 2017

My husband bought me an extreme crazy rider zip lining experience for my 55th birthday. We both loved it. Don't feel limited by your age or physical ability. They even have wheelchair access for this ride. Fortunately, we were able to enjoy to climb to the top of the hill and the joyful slaloms and twists through the forest on the way back down.

I see there are criticisms of the cost. Yes, it's not cheap but I suppose value for money is a matter of opinion. We definitely felt it was worth the cost. We also found the staff friendly, knowledgeable and appropriately focused on safety.

We plan on going back and doing their other activities when the school holiday rush is over. If you're looking for something to entertain the kids this place provides a great combination of physical challenge with a beautiful forest environment. It's also much cooler here than the beach so keep it in mind for those really hot days. Added bonus; there's a great mobile coffee cart!

Yes, you'll pay $$ to participate in this activity but we think it's value for money!

Michelle B, Social Media at TreeTops, responded to this reviewResponded 12 January 2017

Hi Meg

Thanks for your review. Happy Birthday!! So glad you had a great experience. Look forward to seeing you again soon.
Thanks

Reviewed 8 January 2017 via mobile

I took my grand kids here yesterday to try out the new"extreme"crazy rider pretty accurate name , the blurb says it will take around an hr , breakdown ,waiting45 mins,walk to start of ride 10 mins,actual time on 4 mins , @$79.00 per adult this equates to around $20.00 per minute,as a comparison i am flying Syd-Brisbane return tomorrow for $80.00
While the experience is interesting the price for ONE go is ridiculous , having been here numerous times with my grandkids to climb the other tree climbs,it's disappointing that they could get their pricing SOO wrong.

Hi Rich
Sorry to hear that you didn't get the experience that you expected on the Crazy Rider. When booking on the website it does say that the ride itself takes approx. 5 minutes. The price paid is for the whole experience including safety, harnessing and walking to the ride. If you have any further feedback. Please send to social@treetops.com.au
Thanks

Reviewed 7 January 2017 via mobile

This place has a kiddy section that was busy with families and a child's birthday party. There are also four adult levels - green, blue, red and black. I've been to another place that does tree adventures and there was a limit of two hours you could spend on the obstacles. With this place there's no time limit. My friend and I did the green and blue levels, had a drink and snack break before starting on red and another break before tackling the black level. It took us five hours in total to complete all the levels. The staff here are super friendly and attentive. We saw a couple people get stuck so the staff came to their rescue. I would highly recommend either bringing your own gloves (cheap garden type will do with rubber palms and fingers for grip) or you can purchase them there for $5. Also, there are no bins because it's expected that everyone take their rubbish with them for environmental reasons so good idea to bring a plastic bag for rubbish if you're going to bring drinks/food.

Thanks for your review. Wonderful to hear that you had great fun, and were able to complete the courses at your own pace. Wearing gloves is a great recommendation. Thank you for mentioning to take a plastic bag, All of our parks are protected areas in one form or another. One of the main reasons we are not permitted to have public bins is that they attract native wildlife like possums and birds, who foster a dependency on the bins as a food source, which encourages the spread of disease. Bins also encourage introduced species such as cats, foxes and vermin, which all have a devastating effect on the endangered native animals and plants that call the park home.

Reviewed 7 January 2017 via mobile

My children had an absolute ball on the kids treetop challenge, such a great experience for them, definitely recommend it.

My husband and i did the zip line (kids have to be 40kg to do it so they couldn't ride). It was really fun flying through the trees and I loved it. Next time I would choose the xtreme ride and go faster.

The staff were so professional and accomodating for us, I was so impressed with this place and we had a great morning!

Hi Mandy

Thanks for your review. So great to hear that your whole family was able to experience our Central Coast park and enjoy the two different experiences. Hope to see you again soon!