Review Highlights
Nice location

Reviewed 10 November 2015
Mazen K
Sydney, Australia
Take your time and absorb the atmosphere

Reviewed 27 January 2014
AussiePlaty
Sydney

See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 10 November 2015

We went there after heavy rains and winds and it was bit muddy. We did however enjoy the place and saw the small caves. We did not see the platypus though.

Date of experience: July 2015
Reviewed 30 July 2015 via mobile

I just love Forest of a Tranquility, just love walking through the bushes & through the water... & u can also have a picnic there too with friends & Family.. U will enjoy it...

Date of experience: July 2015
Reviewed 16 February 2014

This deserves to succeed - we need to have a greater understanding of our environment but it just seems to miss. It is very close to Sydney but if you didn't know about it, you would make no effort to find it. I've driven past it hundreds of times and often wondered what it was but the signs don't give much indication of what it is. Eventually made the effort and it was worth it and would hope others see the benefits of our rainforests.

Date of experience: January 2014
2  Thank RonWamberal
Reviewed 27 January 2014

I visited the Forest of Tranquility with my (senior citizen) mother. As a teenager I lived on the Central Coast and at that time there were belts of rainforest areas, which I am sure were cleared to make way for urban development many years ago.

I found the rainforest itself quite beautiful and very serene. There were quite a few seats set along the track, however we weren't too keen to sit still for too long and become an easy target for the many leeches along the way.

There are also a number of pergolas set around the picnic area that can be booked for functions and they apparently can cater for up to 300 guests, although some of the other facilities did not look like they had been updated recently.

As rainforests worldwide are shrinking at an alarming rate I feel the Forest of Tranquility is very important for a couple of reasons, firstly I believe it is important that it is maintained from an ecological point of view, secondly so that it remains for future generations to also experience how much of Australia once was.

Overall I would thoroughly recommend this to anyone who enjoys bush walking. The trail is not overly difficult but could present a challenge to older people, particularly as some of the rocks can tend to be a little slippery due to the rainforest environment.

Make sure you bring a pair of sturdy walking shoes, a bottle of water, some food and your camera. Allow a couple of hours so you can take your time and absorb the atmosphere. The walking track is approximately 5 km and takes between 80 and 90 minutes. The entry fee is $20 for an adult. Your mobile phone probably won't work, but I don't think you'll really mind.

Date of experience: January 2014
2  Thank AussiePlaty
Reviewed 23 November 2013 via mobile

We went to this place as a family of five. And we paid $110 for a Saturday night saying that it would have thousands of fireflies. The place is lack of facility, not suitable for young kids, elder people. And after all we only saw a few fireflies. Nothing special worth to drive one hour there and paid such price. Will NOT recommend to anyone.

8  Thank Kathyinroseville