“The Friendly Bistro”

Ranked #1 of 4 Restaurants in Hardys Bay
Price range: AU$13 - AU$40
Cuisines: Australian
Dining options: Breakfast
Description: Cafe, Bar & Bistro trading 7 days a week for Breakfast & Lunch. Open for Dinner on Saturdays from 4th July 2020
Reviewed 26 August 2020

After a spontaneous drive to central coast, i ended up at Hardy's bay , found this gem Hardy's Bistro. It's in such a great location and he views are amazing. The Staff friendly and welcoming, They learnt that i was new to the area and were happy to share some lovely tips about the area. I felt the warm reception as i smashed my yum Avo toast breakfast while soaking up the morning sun,socially distancing of course. It was such a good vibe.
If you are into drives outside Sydney and end up in Hardy's bay like me,i would definitely recommend checking this Bistro out. They do follow Covid regulations so they will take care of you. I was solo when i visited but next time, i'm definitely bringing my friends with me.

Date of visit: August 2020
1  Thank jameskmaitha

Reviewed 22 August 2020

I put this review last week and it seems either the Hardy’s Bay Bistro management or their friends don’t like feedback. But as the bistro was not following the current covid-19 social distancing guidelines, I am forced to post this review again.

Used to love this place pre-covid. Looks like the staff changed, new staff some inexperienced. And put us off completely that their outdoor area is not following social distancing guidelines between tables. We chose a table slightly away from others. Then after a while a gang of 6-8 people came sat next to our table but they were sitting right next to us and had to move chair to get out. This bistro has not made any table arrangements in the outside area to accomodate social distancing. Also there was no table cleaning going on. Very disappointed. And to add, my partners coffee was terrible. Didn’t drink the coffee after couple of sips. Very disappointed how this bistro has degraded.

Date of visit: August 2020
9  Thank binupr
Reviewed 11 July 2020

Came over on the Palm Beach Ferry to Wagstaff and after a morning walk in the National Park came here for a Brunch/Lunch. Nice setting with outside seats which catch the morning sun. Very good service and friendly. Campos Coffee. Had Fresh Eggs and Bacon on Toast - perfect. Clean facilities. Good for families and very reasonable.

Date of visit: July 2020
2  Thank 973charlesd
Reviewed 29 February 2020

I live North of Hardy's Bay and Hardy's Bay Bistro is my 'go to' place to take family and friends, especially OS visitors. The drive down showcases Australian Coastal Bush and has a fabulous lookout point on roadside to view Sydney. There are great national park walks dotted along the road too leading to more spectacular scenery. Then you arrive at more gorgeous bay views as you wind down the road to the heritage listed Hardy's Bay Cafe Bistro.
The menu has great variety to satisfy all tastes including a range of vegetarian/ gluten free, etc. staff have always been v accomodating with any dietary requirements and twice Melanie, the owner has come to double check and make sure all has been taken care of. Importantly food is consistently good, I've ordered the calimari / zucchini flowers way too often and never been let down! My breakfast fav features halloumi.
The wait staff are lovely and attentive, always providing water and menus promptly. Option to sit in or out. If busy meals may take a little longer, if this is the case the staff have always checked and advised. Mostly meals arrive promptly. If it's a sunny weekend or holiday time booking is a must.
I always walk away feeling like I've had an 'experience' having enjoyed delicious food, great coffee, energetic, engaging wait staff and relaxed after basking in the beautiful natural environment that surrounds the Bistro. Thumbs up!

Date of visit: February 2020
1  Thank Lisa S
Reviewed 18 February 2020

I’m sorry but I couldn’t taste any “Moroccan” in my Moroccan Salad. Yes it had chick peas in amongst the greenery but the shredded bits of poached chicken had no flavour what so ever. I’m sure menu said feta but no sign of that either. Very ordinary lunch. Didn’t want to make a fuss as was there to celebrate a friend’s birthday. Service was cheerful and friendly. But will be reluctant to return.

Date of visit: February 2020