“Had an amazing Time.....Wow....!!!!!”
Review of Oscar's

Oscar's
Ranked #1 of 11 Restaurants in Calverton
Good for: Child-friendly, Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: OSCAR'S LOUNGE & RESTAURANT Recently refurbished and nestled in the Nottingham village of Calverton, experience exceptional dining at value for money prices. Oscar's provides a relaxed and friendly ambience, making it the perfect place to escape the hustle and bustle of everyday life. You can enjoy cocktails and snacks in our lounge with live entertainment on Friday evenings or have a meal within our unique dining area. Oscar's is the ideal destination for leisurely lunch, an intimate or group dinner and special celebrations. Our new contemporary function suite is also available for hire for up to 150 guests providing ideal space for weddings, private parties and corporate events. Only 15 minutes from Nottingham City Centre with close proximity to surrounding areas of Woodborough, Lowdham and Mapperley, Oscar's is well situated with convenient private parking. Our Chefs make fresh traditional and gastro food with a modern twist that is informal, fun and homely. Dishes range from Egg Benedict, Classic BLT, Steak and Ale Pie, Lobster to Classic Indian Thali. There are a range of offers in the Week and on Sundays, when we offer our succulent traditional Roast Dinners in addition to our full menu.
Reviewed 3 April 2016

Went to Oscar’s for the first time on Friday, there was a young girl singing which made a lovely atmosphere in the restaurant. I had the Confit Duck Leg and my wife had the Breaded Brie for starters, these were well presented and tasty. For our mains we had the Lamb Shank and the Seabass, both these dishes were excellent, portion sizes were ample. We were so full we didn’t have room for dessert. Overall I was very impressed by the attentive staff and quality of the food. I will definitely be recommending this gem of a restaurant to my friends and family. Thank you Oscar’s for a lovely night!

2  Thank Robertjb22

Reviewed 27 March 2016 via mobile

My husband and I decided to go to Oscars as a treat for the bank holiday. The restaurant was dead and there was no atmosphere. Our starters were average at best. My husband had fishcakes... not much fish, mostly potatoe. I had chicken liver parfait, which seemed like something that was bought from a tesco packet served on stale bread. Our mains only got worse, the seafood linguine was like a microwave meal and my husband ordered a gourmet steak burger. The meat was fresh but the "hand cut chips" were clearly freezer fries and we are both left hungry and with empty pockets as well as empty stomachs!

7  Thank kimbert87
OscarsCalverton, General Manager at Oscar's, responded to this reviewResponded 3 April 2016

We are very disappointed to hear that your experience at Oscar's was not to the usual high standard that we strive for. The fries being served instead of Hand Cut Chips, which was brought to the management’s attention. We did provide complimentary drinks out of goodwill. With regards to the other concerns raised, these were not brought to our attention on the evening in question which is unfortunate as we would have liked to have rectified these concerns for you, given this is not the standard of service we expect from our restaurant.

Reviewed 25 March 2016 via mobile

Arrived at Oscar's in a party of 9. We were immediately shown to our table, the waiter took our coats from us and handed menus and a wine list.

The surroundings and ambience are class. I felt at ease and relaxed straight away.

The waiter was attentive however it took him a while to write down our drinks order, having to check three times that it was correct. Upon arrival of the drinks, we were missing one, so had to ask for the missing drink.

Another waiter came to take our food order. He was very polite but for me, over the top with his friendliness, even crouching down at the side of us to write down our food.

The starter came quickly and everyone was impressed. It was delicious. The same again with the mains and desserts; we really had no complaints with the food.

The only minor criticism is that we must have had 3 or 4 waiters serving us during the night, so there were a lot of repetitive questions, such as "is everyone enjoying their meals?" throughout our time eating.

For me, the service was good but far too over attentive. They don't need to be as fussy as they were with us that night.

The bonus for me was the man who opened the door for us on our exit. This put the cherry on top of the cake of a wonderful night out.

4  Thank Becky H
Reviewed 15 March 2016

4 of us dined here sunday early evening, our first time but definitely not our last.
Excellent service and superb food at a reasonable price.

4  Thank David B
Reviewed 7 March 2016

First time we got to this restaurant, and it was worth it. The Indian Thali was very good, service was fast and prices reasonable.

5  Thank Francesco53