“Great Fillet ”

Good for: Romantic, Special Occasion Dining, Groups, Business meetings
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Cross street: Queen Kaahumanu Highway
Description: In 1965, Ruth Fertel mortgaged her home to buy a little steak house in New Orleans named Chris Steak House. After investing her life savings, she proudly added her name to the original. That's how the uniquely name Ruth's Chris Steak House was born. Ruth established this unique restaurant with no restaurant experience, but she vowed to treat every customer like a guest in her own home. And she clearly knew what steak lovers wanted - the very best beef. Today, as always, Ruth's Chris serves only the finest corn-fed Midwestern beef available, broiled in 1800-degree ovens designed by Ruth herself. The steaks are served sizzling on 500-degree plates so every bite is hot and delicious. And while steak is king, the menu also includes expertly executed seafood, lamb, pork, and poultry dishes, as well as classic appetizers, fresh salads, side dishes, and homemade desserts. The award-winning wine list features more than 250 world-class international and domestic labels. Whatever the occasion, Ruth's Chris Steak House is the perfect spot to gather. Unparalleled cuisine, sumptuous surroundings and service that's accomplished yet never fussy - these are the elements of memorable special events.
Reviewed 6 April 2018 via mobile

Took my family of 5 for dinner, easy to make reservations thru Open Table. Food was excellent and serves was wonderful. My husband's steak first came out over done and it was fixed immediately. A good wine selection as well.

Guest R, Guest Relations Manager at Ruth's Chris Steak House, responded to this reviewResponded 7 April 2018

Thank you very much for dining with us!

Reviewed 23 March 2018

A steak lovers dream, well we have eaten at over 30 of the 150 RC all over the world, and its all the same each time. GREATSERVICE<STEAKS> ,ambiance. Dinner is expensive ,allacart for thos who are on a budget this would be a anniversary treat. The Alacart is enough for 2 servings ,only order one and share. Can’t wait to go again, Enjoy,VBL

Ps. Our 48th anniversary

Guest R, Guest Relations Manager at Ruth's Chris Steak House, responded to this reviewResponded 27 March 2018

Aloha and thank you for your wonderful review! We hope that you will join us again soon for the next big celebration!

Reviewed 22 March 2018

We went for an early dinner and enjoyed the prime time special (three courses for $55). My husband and I both ordered the Caesar salad, which was very good. I ordered the petite fillet (more than ample for me); my husband ordered the fish (which was OK); he ended up eating some of my steak, since even the small order was very ample for my appetite. Our sides were creamed spinach and mashed potatoes; both were really good. Dessert arrived and it was modest portion of white chocolate bread pudding, which was the right size after the amount of food we enjoyed at the prime time special.

Guest R, Guest Relations Manager at Ruth's Chris Steak House, responded to this reviewResponded 23 March 2018

Aloha Shirley,

Thank you for your wonderful review and comments! We hope to have you and your husband back again soon.

Mahalo nui loa!

Reviewed 15 March 2018

We are a middle class couple that splurges on a fancy dinner a couple times a year. In Hawaii, you feel like you are splurging the entire trip. However, we chose Ruth’s Chris near the Mauna Lani Hotel for our big splurge since we have been to Ruth’s Chris a few times before.
This restaurant is upstairs in the Mauna Lani plaza. The place is typical of other Ruth’s Chris. Our waiter greeted us promptly and was very friendly. The service was good during the entire meal. We came for steak at a steakhouse. My wife chose the filet and I chose the ribeye. We shared the au gratin potatoes. The meal also included a small loaf of bread.
The bread was good though a bit of a tough crust. The butter was very good. The potatoes were good, not great. They seemed to get cold quickly.
Here is where the disappointment came. I ordered my steak med rare and my wife ordered the filet medium. I think they came reversed. I know steaks from being a cook in a steakhouse in my younger days. Even so, the filet was pretty good. I must not remember my past visits to Ruth’s Chris because I don’t remember the steaks being served in butter on the plate. My plate had so much butter that the steak tasted like butter. I just did not enjoy it.
Overall, it was a nice evening but felt I did not get my value of an expensive steak.

Guest R, Guest Relations Manager at Ruth's Chris Steak House, responded to this reviewResponded 17 March 2018

Aloha and thank you for your review and feedback. We are sorry to hear that you did not enjoy your recent experience with us and we would like to make this right. Can you please reach out to us at ruthschrishawaii@gmail.com with your direct contact information and date of your visit so that our GM can reach out to you directly?

We hope to hear from you soon.

Reviewed 14 March 2018

Happy to have a great steak at Ruth's Chris. Ordered Steak, Baked potato & creamed corn. Everything was cooked perfectly and was delicious! Enjoyed the atmosphere and excellent service. If you want a great dinner and a great steak, look no further!

Guest R, Guest Relations Manager at Ruth's Chris Steak House, responded to this reviewResponded 15 March 2018

Mahalo nui loa for your wonderful review! We hope to have you back again soon!