All reviews the pub bottle shop awesome staff pleasant stay business trip rare these days beds were comfortable side road great value for money great room saturday night motel balcony maintenance leisure function newcastle
Reviewed 9 September 2018

Hillsborough Road irritatingly has service road access to this motel and we missed the turnoff the first time around. There was no signage indicating the entrance from the main road, but once we worked it out we found a large parking area with a pub/pokies/restaurant and were directed to the back of the property where the motel is located.

Once inside, we found a spacious room with generous bathroom supplies, a couch and comfortable bed. The usual tea/coffee station, bar fridge and TV with excellent channel selection were waiting. There was also a patio with table and chairs. We ate at the restaurant both nights and were delighted with the reasonable prices and food quality. Kirsty recommended the beef cheeks and we were glad she did – they were excellent.

Not as close to were I was to work as I would have preferred, it nevertheless remains a serious contender for its all-round convenience and comfort.

Date of stay: September 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
Meegan W, Front Office Manager at Warners at the Bay, responded to this reviewResponded 17 September 2018

Thankyou for your kind review.
We are happy to hear to enjoyed your stay and dinner in our Restaurant.

Reviewed 5 September 2018

The rooms are very small and the beds extremely uncomfortable. I could not put my 8 year old on the rollaway as the bar protruded into her back, I slept on the thin matress on the ground. The noise was terrible, could hear the music from the pub and the neighbour snoring. It was a necessity to stay in this property not by choice and we would not recommend nor return.

Date of stay: September 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
Meegan W, Front Office Manager at Warners at the Bay, responded to this reviewResponded 6 September 2018

Thankyou for your review Reece.
Sorry to hear your recent stay with us was unsatisfactory.

Reviewed 5 August 2018

I would honestly recommend that anyone steer very clear of this facility. It seems dodgy as hell. The pictures are deceptive. It's not a free-standing Hotel, its a Hotel at the back of Club that closes late each night.

Our nightmare started with trying to find the reception. I was led through a crowded bar full of intoxicated people, through a poker machine filled the room to a door and shown reception sign across a car park.

When I got the reception the receptionist gave me a sign in sheet and asked for $200 cash. As I'd already paid via Expedia I was a bit surprised and asked for clarification. She continued to insist I gave her $200 deposit. I was tired and had my ill wife in the car after a long day of doctors visits so I produced $200 and asked for a receipt. She said she could not give me one. I said, no receipt, no money, and the standoff began.

After another 10 minutes or so she called a manager who attempted to explain to her how to print a receipt, then they began chatting about the weather, other clients and how they were feeling today while I stood and waited.

After hearing about several other hotel guests, their general wellbeing and the weather I politely interrupted the conversation and asked if I could cancel.

It had been advertised as a 'no charge for cancellation' booking on Expedia, I asked to cancel the booking. She apologized and said that I would not be charged. I asked for clarified and she said again, 'I haven't put the charge through, you will not be charged.'

We left and found somewhere else to say however the next day I was charged the full stay amount and despite pleading with them and Expedia, I have got nowhere. I guess it's off to Fair Trading NSW to lodge a formal complaint.

Date of stay: July 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
Meegan W, Front Office Manager at Warners at the Bay, responded to this reviewResponded 7 August 2018

Hi Andrew,

Reviews and feedback are always welcome.

The Motel is a separate building situated behind and Hotel / Restaurant.

On your arrival you were asked to sign in and that we required a Credit Card for a Security Bond.
Your card was processed for a $50.00 Pre Authorisation which declined. The Receptionist tried a second time with still the same outcome.

She contacted Management to see if we would allow a $200.00 CASH Bond which was agreed. The phone call was purely regarding your reservation and the situation and the procedures she needed to take. Before the Receptionist had time to proceed with your check in you had abruptly walked out.

You had pre booked your Accommodation via Expedia, payment is made through their website at time of booking not by our Property. You had made your booking the night before your arrival date around 10pm. There is no charge to cancel providing this is within 24 hours notice. Cancelling when checking in still incurs a charge.

We have standard policies and procedures for all guests and the staff are instructed to follow these.
Although we waived the Pre-Authorisation required and had a CASH Bond approved so you were able to stay, you choose to leave instead.

I apologise your experience was unsatisfactory and you choose to find alternate Accommodation.

Reviewed 19 June 2018 via mobile

Definitely disappointed with this place, it states it is 4 stars but it should be 2 stars. The mattress was horrible, I woke up the next morning and could barely move and had work change my motel. There were marks on the walls and it just didn’t feel clean. I showered with thongs on because the bathroom floor looked disgusting and unclean.

Date of stay: June 2018
Trip type: Travelled on business
Reviewed 20 May 2018 via mobile

Could not fault anything from service we received on arrival to dinner we had downstairs.Room was comfy and clean.Awesome staff.Great value hope to stay longer next time.Staff were really lovely.Thankyou

Date of stay: May 2018
Trip type: Travelled as a couple