Open today: 9:00 am - 6:00 pm
Review Highlights
Pumpkins!

Myself and my boyfriend went to millets farm this weekend for the Pumpkin picking. It was easy to... read more

Reviewed 19 October 2020
RianRush
Cirencester, United Kingdom
via mobile

I love millets farm and go quiet often. This year I did my first visit yesterday. I love it there... read more

Reviewed 17 December 2020
samandpaul2013
Oxford, United Kingdom
via mobile

All reviews maize maze millets farm cakes bouncy castle pick your own ice rink play area coffee shop half term pumpkin picking strawberries sand pit all ages fruit and veg large garden centre reindeer food great family day
Selected filters
Reviewed 7 November 2017 via mobile

We always enjoy a trip to millets and there is lots to do there.
At present the Christmas displays in Frosts are enchanting and the children love them. The only thing I would say is the way they’ve boarded round the Christmas village makes it hard to actually view it with small children. We have a tall three year old and when stood on the step he still couldn’t see. I then had to lift him but because the windows are low had to hang him at a bad angle which was uncomfortable. Other garden centres leave their villages open or in glass cases and it seems a little over the top to cover it in this way.
The singing reindeer were a big hit though. Lots of lights and displays for children too.
We had drinks and cake in the cafe which was nice however staff never help people to their tables. I can see staffing wise it is hard to do this but I was on my own with two children and four members of staff saw me with push chair and hot drink and not one offered to help. I saw elderly visitors struggling similarly. In most other places I visit they do offer to assist but that has never happened here.
The outside activities are brilliant but unless you go early at the weekend are always pretty busy.
Farm shop has great food and some reasonably priced meat and cakes.
We visit a lot and would say it’s always pretty popular. It’s getting to the point where I would think twice before taking both children on my own.

Date of experience: November 2017
2  Thank peck8
MilletsFarmCentre, Public Relations Manager at Millets Farm Centre, responded to this reviewResponded 9 November 2017

Thank you for taking the time to raise awareness in certain areas, all reviews are assessed on their merits.

Reviewed 1 November 2017

A good day out, things to look at, good Garden Centre, things for all the family to do. Loads of parking and all carparks and walkways are well maintained. Two separate eateries with choices for all pockets... Kids are made welcome and the Christmas displays are fantastic...

Date of experience: October 2017
MilletsFarmCentre, Guest Relations Manager at Millets Farm Centre, responded to this reviewResponded 2 November 2017

Super review - thank you

Reviewed 29 October 2017

Millets Farm Centre is certainly attracting attention... it must be we were prepared to spend an hour travelling from Reading to investigate, drawn in this instance by the promise of pick your pumpkins, Falconry Centre and Frost's Garden Centre also on the same site. Millets also has a great farm shop and restaurant. Great place to take the kids, but if you don't like crowds - 'avoid the holidays' seems to be the rule of thumb!
We got there late morning and it was immediately apparent why visitors early in the half-term had agro with the car park situation. The place was heaving, lots of cars and the overflow car park already looking rather full. Millets has obviously got on top of their car parking problem and enlised the local Rotary Club to help with the car parking. So finding a parking space was not a problem. As it was we found ourselves using the over-over-flow carpark. Like I said the place was heaving.
I think because we were making a beeline for the Falconry Centre which is a separate paid for attraction, we managed to miss most of the crowds (Will give a separate review for it as well). Being the autumn half-term the pick-you-own fields apart from the pumpkin picking were closed. A circus I think was the main attraction for half-term and there were plenty of children going around in halloween costume with various goodies in hand from the side stalls set around the circus field. Stalls included a proper merry-go-round, inflatable slide, inflatable bouncy area, balloon modelling, etc. These were all pay-as-go and relatively short times. Expensive enough for the short times that I didn't surcumb to the children's wishes to go on these. There is a small purpose built free playground, but it was naturally very busy.
Food wise both the Garden Centre and Millets have their own restaurant/cafes' and Millets had put on an outdoor BBQ section offering hamburgers and sausages. Lots of people had also brought picknics which is why I think they were coping (only just). Having looked at both the BBQ area and spotted the queue for Frost's cafe we eventually decided the brave the queue at Millets. The hot menu had a children's choice and there was also the pick-your-choice bag for children. Food was okay, but not value and more than I would have paid if had the choice again.
The children enjoyed the pumpkin picking though. Shame nothing of the plants were left for the children to see how they grow.

Date of experience: October 2017
MilletsFarmCentre, Guest Relations Manager at Millets Farm Centre, responded to this reviewResponded 30 October 2017

Very comprehensive and thank you for taking the time to write a review. Hope you return in quieter times!

Reviewed 27 October 2017 via mobile

We had been recommended to visit with our boys by my parents who had been the week before and loved it. We arrived at 2pm and were surprised how huge this place was and also how busy it was, although obviously was half term.

It felt extremely busy for our young boys to enjoy everything that was on offer (they aren’t a fan of crowded places) but there was so much to see and do for a 2 and 3 year old.

They loved wandering around seeing the animals.

The circus looked like good fun but we didn’t do as they wouldn’t have sat still for too long but the price of it seemed extremely reasonable.

The farm shop was very well stocked.

The garden centre was very much the star attraction got the boys due to the Christmas Stock. The signing reindeer were an absolute winner.

Whilst it felt like a bit of a trek from Reading, the fact it is free means we absolutely would be back soon!

The only niggle was the exit from the car park. Just seemed slightly chaotic, but I’m sure that’s due to the sheer volume of visitors but not a big enough niggle to remove a star! 5 star visit!

1  Thank W1141WMdonnaw
MilletsFarmCentre, Public Relations Manager at Millets Farm Centre, responded to this reviewResponded 27 October 2017

Thanks Donna - as you say it was half term and we are popular!

Reviewed 26 October 2017

Still a great day out especially for children - free play area, see the animals etc. This can all be free, though adults are obviously likely to spend in the garden centre, farm shop and cafes. I will buy from the farm shop, but the cafes are a bit on the expensive side.
I just feel there is a danger, unless you can really ignore pester power, of it starting to cost more - yes there was a circus for half term which could be booked or not, but also paying for tractors, diggers, trampolines, carousel, bouncy slides.

2  Thank Barbara T
MilletsFarmCentre, General Manager at Millets Farm Centre, responded to this reviewResponded 27 October 2017

Thank you for your comments.