“Disappointed”

Price range: USD 30 - USD 42
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed 19 September 2015 via mobile

After planning a trip to spend a few hours on Isola Maggiore we wanted to be sure of eating in a really nice restaurant so checked trip adviser etc.

This restaurant seemed really good so made our way there as soon as arriving on the island to book a table with a great view for later that day, which we did with a very nice lady.

However on arriving later to eat we found no one knew of our booking and there were no tables left with a decent view. We stayed, there was not time to look for an alternative. The food was ok, nothing special and I certainly would not go back.

Following the meal and having asked for the bill three times I eventually have to corner the waiter to make him take our money so I could catch the ferry. Pretty poor service and certainly not what I was expecting.

1  Thank Andrew M
There are newer reviews for Da Sauro

Reviewed 31 August 2015 via mobile

We were lucky enough to eat here a couple of years ago, so made sure we came back. Staff are very friendly, food is fantastic, most of it fish based, from the lake that you can see from where you are eating.

We shared different fish starters, all lovely. 2 of us had mixed fish from the lake, so tasty, and the third a fish dish with sage. All really tasty, all great value.

It's easy to see why this lovely place is always full, with a mixture of locals and tourists.

Reviewed 13 August 2015 via mobile

I think this is the worst Italian food I ever tasted, prices wasn't too much high but the quality of the food was bad ... Not recommended if you find something else

Reviewed 12 June 2014

First time visit to the Island and after a walk around we found Hotel Da Sauro. Four of us had lunch and we all enjoyed relaxing by the waters edge. I had perch and it really was cooked just right. The service was a little slow but we were in no hurry, we would all eat here again.

Reviewed 8 May 2014

It is situated on the lovely Isola Maggiore in Lago Trasimeno. The setting is lovely, the service attentive, and the food is quite good. Whenever I've been there, the diners are mostly local families, joining tables, encouraging the children to perform and laughing and joking together as families do the world over. I like to take visiting friends to the island and to Da Sauro. It never disappoints.

1  Thank Paciano12