“Return visit, just as great as before”
Review of Da Sauro

Da Sauro
Price range: USD 30 - USD 42
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed 31 August 2015 via mobile

We were lucky enough to eat here a couple of years ago, so made sure we came back. Staff are very friendly, food is fantastic, most of it fish based, from the lake that you can see from where you are eating.

We shared different fish starters, all lovely. 2 of us had mixed fish from the lake, so tasty, and the third a fish dish with sage. All really tasty, all great value.

It's easy to see why this lovely place is always full, with a mixture of locals and tourists.

There are newer reviews for Da Sauro

Reviewed 13 August 2015 via mobile

I think this is the worst Italian food I ever tasted, prices wasn't too much high but the quality of the food was bad ... Not recommended if you find something else

Reviewed 12 June 2014

First time visit to the Island and after a walk around we found Hotel Da Sauro. Four of us had lunch and we all enjoyed relaxing by the waters edge. I had perch and it really was cooked just right. The service was a little slow but we were in no hurry, we would all eat here again.

Reviewed 8 May 2014

It is situated on the lovely Isola Maggiore in Lago Trasimeno. The setting is lovely, the service attentive, and the food is quite good. Whenever I've been there, the diners are mostly local families, joining tables, encouraging the children to perform and laughing and joking together as families do the world over. I like to take visiting friends to the island and to Da Sauro. It never disappoints.

1  Thank Paciano12
Reviewed 20 April 2014

This was my second visit to this enchanting and historical island in Lake Trasimeno, Umbria. I was delighted to return to this charming little lake side restaurant I discovered on my first trip. After a morning of walking around the island I worked up quite an appetite and thankfully Da Sauro was just as wonderful as I remembered. While they offered inside seating, it was a nice day and I chose to sit in their garden area with a beautiful view of the lake. The staff here is so friendly and knowledgeable about the island and it's cuisine. We staring with a recommendation from our server, Anitpasto Umbro... a delicious selection of local colds cuts and bruchetta. While the menu offered a "secondi", we went right for the main course. While I am told this place is known for their delicately prepared fresh fish, I am not much a fish eater so I eyed the unusual Duck Lasagna. Wow! While this was noting like the lasagna I grew up with in Los Angeles, but it was uniquely savory and very delicious. I hope one day I'll be able to return to lovely Isola Maggiore and my fond tasting memories of Da Sauro. Buon Appetito!

2  Thank joeylatino