“Nice lunch, lovely beer garden”
Review of Flammkuchen Hutte

Flammkuchen Hutte
Ranked #1 of 5 Restaurants in Mehlingen
Price range: USD 9 - USD 26
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 24 May 2018

I have been here three times recently for business lunches. The food was quite good. Each time I ordered the flammkuchen Toascana, which is the best flammkuchen I have had anywhere in my several years in Germany. Colleagues ordered salads and the steak, which were also good. Service is friendly, but typically German. You may have to ask for your bill three times. If it were a little faster and more organized I would be a regular. Decor is charming.

Reviewed 19 March 2018

This is one of those local spots that you only want to share with a loved one and special friends. This place is tucked away and perfect for a quiet get away lunch or dinner. I was amazed by the decor and the atmosphere. It's almost like walking into a secret garden for dinning. I found this place just looking for a restaurant that serves Flammkuchen and this place was number one on my Yelp search and it really is. I went with a friend to share in this experience and she basically loved everything about it. She had eaten at place that served Flammkuchen and she wasn't impressed by the food or the experience.

Just walking into this place you immediately feel at ease with the hard wood interior and log cabin feel. As you walk towards the back of the restaurant there is a beautiful garden that is visible through a wall of glass, kind of like a beautiful backyard for the restaurant.

The service was immediate and polite, the waitress spoke German and English which was great. The menu is impressive to look at, wrapped in a leather bound book and has both German and English menus. After searching through the menu I found a long list of Flammkuchen that I could try, from vegeiterian to pork. So I decided to ask the waitress what she recommends for my first Flammkuchen, the smoked Salmon or the special which had all sorts of peppers, cheeses, onions, and pork. There was not much difference in price so there was no motivation to order the most expensive one but after she thought about it she offered the special.
I accepted her offer and boy was I impressed. Within 15 minutes we received two Flammkuchens hot and straight from the oven. They were both light, crispy, and flavorful. I have never had Flammkuchen before and I was in the mood for Pizza but this was completely different and I was totally blown away by it. The flat crust was light and airey and the white sauce was not heavy at all. The veggies were fresh and the meat was super tender. Even though my Flammkuchen looked like a supreme pizza it was nothing like it and tasted great. I ate the entire thing and I didn't feel guilty for it. If you want to try something new and in a great quiet location you should definitely put this place on your schedule. Not to mention, it's a great place to take a date if you want a romantic getaway.
5 star service, food, and experience.

1  Thank Jonathan G
Reviewed 19 March 2017 via mobile

We love this place! The food is always awesome! Keep in mind though this is a typical German restaurant with regards to service. They are in no hurry to send you in your way.... we have eaten here many many times and are NEVER disappointed!

Reviewed 22 July 2016 via mobile

If you have any dietary restrictions, skip this place.

The food was good, not spectacular. The interior of the restaurant was charming.

The service, however, was atrocious: instead of just slow or neglectful, the waitresses were condescending and rude when we asked about ingredients.

What can my son with these allergies eat? - I dunno... Fries?

Is this meat cooked in butter? - I can't guarantee there's no butter in it.

What kind of salad dressing is on this lettuce? *stalks off to ask, comes back back deeply offended and tells us that this food she brought for a dairy-allergic child is covered in yogurt*

We won't be going back.

Reviewed 13 May 2016

This restaurant has interesting interior and very comfortable and quiet Biergarten. Staff speaks perfectly English and is very friendly, service is fast. Flammkuchen is Flammkuchen, nothing more, nothing less. I couldn't complain. I enjoyed evening there and I am sure I will come back.