“Great place for a drink and snack. ”

Jose Jones Restaurant & Bar
Ranked #4 of 48 Restaurants in Thirroul
Price range: USD 11 - USD 36
Description: At Jose Jones Restaurant & Bar in Thirroul - NSW, our emphasis is on providing fresh, locally sourced, exquisite food, and an atmosphere to relax within. We offer a bold range of exquisite cocktails, and a mouth-watering array of locally brewed beers and craft ales. Come and discover the relaxed, beach-side atmosphere of Jose Jones, situated in the heart of the coastal town of Thirroul. We are only 1 hour from Sydney CBD, and only 15 minutes from the city of Wollongong, NSW.
Reviewed 22 October 2018 via mobile

I often visit Jose Jones and it does have a really good atmosphere and is a lovely place to sit outside on a Sunny afternoon. The eclectic decor outside is really appealing. However if you sit inside it lacks atmosphere and is actually quite ordinary. I’ve found the service to always be prompt and helpful. I do, though, find the menu to be quite limited. The dishes are quite good but never anything spectacular and sometimes I think the food all reads better than it actually tastes. My daughter loves the Buddha Bowl whereas I’ve yet to have a Buddha Bowl I’ve enjoyed but that is nothing to do with Jose Jones just my personal preference. To me it is a 1950’s ‘placed’ salad with a funkier name. The coffee is average as in it’s not bad but also not great. However if you are in the area and it’s a sunny day, it is a great place for casual drinks and light food.

Reviewed 21 October 2018 via mobile

My partner and I love this venue. Amazing food, friendly and attentive service, great live music on Friday evenings and Sunday afternoons. Do yourself a favour and go.

Reviewed 13 October 2018

A bit of a groovy kind of joint. A great cocktail bar with boutique beers on tap and a restaurant that serves very good meals.
They have entertainment on the weekends.
I highly recommend a visit here whether you are passing through or not.

Reviewed 3 October 2018 via mobile

This was our fourth visit to Jose Jones. The food is fab - we particularly like the tapas. Great menu with great beer, wine and cocktail options in a really relaxed atmosphere. It's a "go to" for us now when meeting friends. Highly recommend.

Date of visit: September 2018
Jose' J, General Manager at Jose Jones Restaurant & Bar, responded to this reviewResponded 6 days ago

Hi Sara,

Thanks so much for your fantastic review, we're so glad you have enjoyed your visits!

Please feel free to email me at bookings@josejones.com.au to let me know how we can make this a 5* review next time!

Hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed 23 September 2018 via mobile

Amazing food, foragers bowl is off the hook! Coffee is bloody amazing and service has been epic!!!! You must get your butts here !

Date of visit: September 2018