All reviews aqua bar sri lanka beautiful hotel sea view rooms are spacious great facilities table tennis housekeeping staff other hotels special thanks stayed for one night spent two nights f b deluxe room water sports the east coast restaurant staff
Reviewed 2 October 2018 via mobile

Excellent pasta carbonara for two also pork chops with mash and apple pie, generous portions.

There’s also a promotion for margarita pizza and a beer 1000 rupees + tax and service charge so remember to factor this into your final bill.

We are staying in a neighbouring hotel however the food and prices at the Amaya are more reasonable and tasty so we choose to have lunch and dinner here.

Will be back for more!

Stayed: October 2018, travelled with friends
Customer Relati... E, CRM at Amaya Beach, responded to this reviewResponded 3 October 2018

Dear Magnetika

Ayubowan from Amaya Resorts and Spas!

Thank you for reviewing Amaya Beach on Tripadvisor. We greatly appreciate your high recommendations . We are glad that you had a great food experience and do hope we get the opportunity of welcoming you back to Amaya Resorts and Spas in future.

Thank you for your valued patronage and review.

Reviewed 2 October 2018

Needed to write this review as I had a very pleasant stay in Amaya beach. The staff was very friendly and gave us required support without any request even. My sister has special needs and while checking in I left her in lobby till I check on the rooms. To my surprise she was attended by the staff and provided a wheel chair and was brought to the room in no time.
The restaurant staff also was ready to cater us at anytime and we had great time in the beach. I saw some comments that lunch is provided in set menu and even Monday lunch was a very well done buffet.
Only improvement area for me was that they only had two beds in triple room. When inquired they said they can add extra bed on request. But we did not want to go for that option as all agreed to share the beds but yet I felt is would be good if they had proper three bed room.
All in all this was a very nice experience and thanks Amaya for making our stay a pleasant one.

• Stayed: September 2018, travelled with family

Dear Rajitha

Ayubowan from Amaya Resorts and Spas!

Thank you for taking out time to post this fantastic review. We are honoured to have hosted you and your husband. Both of you should definitely come back again to stay with us and experience the complete hospitality. We look forward to welcome you in the near future

Reviewed 26 September 2018

We stayed there for 4 nights during our 2 week holiday as a treat to ourselves to unwind. I wish we had booked a different hotel! Firstly its not all bad. The building itself it nice, pool is shallow but nice, and the beach is very nice to look at (can't swim directly in front of hotel have to walk 5 min) but not an issue. Unfortunately there are lots of not so good things. Firstly EVERYTHING is plus tax and plus surcharge so EVERYTHING quickly becomes expensive! Service as other reviewers say is TERRIBLE. The bathroom needed a make over, paint on the walls was pealing and we had to get Maintenance out 3 times in 4 days for issues! I was there mid September and the place was DEAD (not the hotels fault but check when you are booking check if its in or out of season). When you are there you cannot go anywhere else to eat and the food there is DISGUSTING! This completely ruined my stay there and out of the 4 nights I did not eat dinner on two evenings. I would rather go to bed hungry and pay stupid money for food I could not eat. In the two weeks I was in Sri Lanka I had "Delhi Belly" once and it was at this hotel! Could be a coinsidence but I don't think so. They prepare their omlets and pancakes outside at breakfast. AFTER I had eaten, the Chef (if you could call them that I really don't think they qualified) had to leave for a few minutes. Crows swooped down and started to eat the fillings and the mixtures while he was away. When he came back he simply got rid of the birds and continued to use what was there!!!!!!! In short if you go to Passikuda check the time of year and make sure its in season and secondly pick ANOTHER hotel !!!!

Room Tip: Pick another hotel
  • Stayed: September 2018, travelled as a couple
2  Thank colmmurphydub
Reviewed 26 September 2018

We stayed here for 2 nights on the 7 & 8th August and occupied room 5102.
Hotel is modern with 3 floors and approx. 7 years old. Majority of rooms are overlooking the beach. Hotel has a long pool but not very deep. It also has table tennis, various game options and a gym.
Check in process was very good by friendly staff and a welcome drink and refresher towel which was appreciated after a long drive from Colombo.
Room was large, good lighting, clean and modern. Large bed which was very comfortable. Good size modern bathroom. Shower water pressure very good.
Our room was on the 1st floor facing the beach. Breakfast was very good quality with a good choice of local and western food including waffles, fruit, sweets etc..
Customer service skills at the restaurant were of high standard. Staff were very friendly and ready to help.
We had dinner here on both nights and again the quality was excellent with local and western including prawns, calamari, roast pork or lamb, grilled fish etc.
I must compliment the restaurant supervisor Asoka who was visiting each table to make sure guests were satisfied. He maintained the high quality of the customer service and made food was plenty. Well done Asoka.
Only disappointment was the checkout process which was very slow. Whilst there were other staff at the reception area, only one staff member is trained to do the checkout. The needs to cross train their staff to do check out. This was very disappointing after the excellent service provided by the other staff at the hotel. I suggest you leave a lot of time to do your check out.

Lift was also a problem and not working at the time we stayed but I understand the service call had been made and they were awaiting the repairers to arrive from Colombo.
Overall enjoyed our stay and highly recommended.
If not for the poor service during checkout I would have rated the hotel 5.

Room Tip: ocean facing rooms
  • Stayed: August 2018, travelled as a couple
Customer Relati... E, CRM at Amaya Beach, responded to this reviewResponded 26 September 2018

Dear Traveller,

Ayubowan form Amaya Resorts

Thank you very much for your kind words which are both wonderful and encouraging.
It has been a real pleasure to have served you . Your valuable comments are well noted.

Reviewed 19 September 2018 via mobile

This was the last stop of our Sri Lankan holiday and we wished we could have stayed longer. Our guide told us this was a lovely hotel and he was right. The hotel is spotless with huge open spaces. Initially we thought it might lack that personal touch but we were so wrong! The location was fantastic right on the beach and ours and our teenagers room both had amazing sea views. All staff were very friendly especially in the bar. We stayed on an all inclusive basis and it didn’t take the bar staff long to realise our son was addicted to their mango juice and they began preparing one when they saw him coming! A couple of days our son was practicing pool on his own so staff joined him in a game - even joined us in a game of doubles - things like this is what we think makes a hotel stand out. Some days we skipped lunch so our son took himself off on his own to the restaurant where staff were more than happy to chat to him about the Sri Lankan way of life compared to that in the UK. The beach was beautiful although you cannot swim right outside the hotel due to the coral - just walk a little way to the right where it’s fine. The guys running the water sports were brilliant too - would highly recommend the sofa ride - especially with teenagers!!! We had a wonderful snorkelling trip from the beach to the coral reef just off the shore. There were plenty of sun loungers and the pool was lovely. My daughter and I used the spa and again staff were very friendly. Because of the big open spaces it never felt busy. One review I read said staff did not speak very good English and did not know the hospitality trade - we found the exact opposite everyone we dealt with spoke excellent English and they could not have provided a better service. Food in the restaurant was varied and very nice. We would definitely stay here again if we are in Sri Lanka.

Stayed: September 2018, travelled with family
Customer Relati... E, CRM at Amaya Beach, responded to this reviewResponded 20 September 2018

Dear Guest,

Ayubowan from Amaya Resorts and Spas!

Thank you so much for visiting us recently during your holiday to beautiful Sri Lanka and for writing such a wonderful review of your experience. The Team of Amaya Beach will be happy to note your appreciation.

We are all delighted to read that you enjoyed almost every aspect of your stay with us at Amaya Beach .We appreciate your kind comments