1,084 results
All reviews railway line thyme restaurant leisure park bingo hall hollywood bowl train noise meal deal all you can eat car park clean hotel hungry horse hotel is situated excellent stay plenty of parking family room comfortable rooms would stay again
Reviewed 23 October 2012

We regularly stay at Premier Inn hotels when travelling to the UK since it is convenient and good value for money. Most Premier Inn hotels have one or two floors and relatively small in set-up. This hotel was new, bigger and consisted of 3 floors. We loved staying at this Premier Inn with our two young children. The following morning we enjoyed a buffet style breakfast in main restaurant of hotel.

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 18 October 2012

The hotel is new and good. Staff very helpful.
It's in a valley and phone signal is very poor and in some rooms is non existant.
High speed rail link is nearby and was obtrusive in my room.
Like all Premier Inns, price is OK if you book early but PremInn have hiked their prices up and are pricing themselves too high.
Slightly misleading to call itself Rochester because its a bit out of the way!

Stayed: October 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 12 October 2012

I stayed here from the 09/10/12 - 11/10/12. As I was checking out I was handed the invoice & suprise suprise it included 4 breakfast. When I asked why as I was travelling alone. the girl said" we always do that as they may be two of you". cheeky mare. I booked only one breakfast a day on line, paid there and then. so how can they just change as they like. she didnt really want to change it. But after a little discussion, she said shae had refunded it, gave me another invoice which showed my billed had actually GONE UP!!!!
I would advise people to carefully check their bills here.
But the hotel was clean. Most staff are polite.
Barely any phone signal at all. Broadband is charged at £3.00 a day, but it is very slow.
There is train noise from about 06:00 rumbling by. Not exactly a quiet hotel.
The rooms are clean and shower works well. TV volume is set to very quiet ( i guess not annoy neighbouring rooms).
After the checkout scam I dont think I wil be staying here again. £17.00 a day for breakfast is a bit much.Then to be charged again instead of refunding. wheres Watchdog when you need them.

Room Tip: Check your bill if you are a single traveller. Front facing rooms are better. Slightly less train noise. Forget about phoning home on your mobile.
  • Stayed: October 2012, travelled on business
2  Thank Jondiver
Whitbread-77, Naina - Social Media at Premier Inn Rochester Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 18 October 2012

Thank you for taking the time to review your stay at our hotel.

It really matters to us that our guests enjoy every aspect of their stay.

We sincerely apologise that on this occasion our hotel did not meet your expectations.
Your feedback is very much appreciated as it enables us to improve standards.

Please be assured that the issues raised will be fully investigated.

Thank you once again for your review.

Naina
Social Media Team

Whitbread Hotels & Restaurants.

Reviewed 9 October 2012

The hotel is on a retail park but tucked out of the way and one end.Nice and clean and new looking. Delicious and varied breakfast. Staff were very happy and friendly. Restaurant looked good although we did not use it.

Room Tip: A few of us booked for one night and there was quite a difference in the price we paid. Our room overlooked the railway line, but the trains were infrequent and new so the noise did not affect us....even though the windows were open!
  • Stayed: October 2012, travelled with friends
Reviewed 27 September 2012

Second stay at this hotel as fell in love with its location. On this occasion my husband and I stayed for one night to celebrate our wedding anniversary. Apart from the comfort and cleanliness that Premier Inn has a great reputation for, we quite appreciate the fact that there were lovely restaurants and cinema just a short walk away. The fact that the hotel overlooks the Medway river also adds to its allure. For us it was the perfect getaway for a romantic evening or weekend or a quick weekend adventure with the children.

We did not have breakfast or dinner at the hotel. Staff were friendly and accommodating. As promised the cost of our stay was refunded due to our sleep being interrupted by a noisy access door.

Room Tip: Rooms on Second and Third floors towards the front of the hotel have a lovely view of the river. Rooms near the entrance doors may be less quiet
  • Stayed: September 2012, travelled as a couple